November 19, 2018, 02:28:55 AM

Author Topic: Ratings v West Ham  (Read 2471 times)

September 17, 2018, 04:32:14 AM
Reply #15

Tinga

That game felt like the end of Martinez' tenure, it was really awful, laboured, frustrating and above all shite. Players playing aimless passes to nobody in particular, sideways slow crab football. I thought Silva was supposed to be this attacking manager, we didn't even seem arsed until we went two nil down, it was madness.

September 17, 2018, 04:49:37 AM
Reply #16

School of Science

God help us when we play someone decent. Digne, Kenny our best players imo, Bernard looks a player. Hope Mina and Gomes are bloody good. Tosun, Niasse and Holgate were standout shite, in a shite display. We made West Ham look like Barcelona today.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 17, 2018, 05:35:09 AM
Reply #17

Alanvideo

Haha, Ray Winstone’s
..............shut it you slag

We are special ,we are Everton.

September 17, 2018, 10:48:07 AM
Reply #18

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
God help us when we play someone decent. Digne, Kenny our best players imo, Bernard looks a player. Hope Mina and Gomes are bloody good. Tosun, Niasse and Holgate were standout shite, in a shite display. We made West Ham look like Barcelona today.
agree with most exept the Kenny shout. Feel sorry for Baines we Seem to have two great LBs but our RBs really need a return to form

September 17, 2018, 12:30:19 PM
Reply #19

Cereal Killer

I just don't get it with pickford so overrated it's unbelievable.

:clap:

I expected a larger turn out from the "I told you Pickford is shit" crew to be fair

Have a cookie

September 17, 2018, 12:58:19 PM
Reply #20

KoemansNumberTens

I expected a larger turn out from the "I told you Pickford is shit" crew to be fair

Have a cookie

He was brilliant at the World Cup. He obviously has fantastic potential. He hasn’t been anything close to that for us though.

Sigurdsson is shite though. Holgate too. DCL the vilest of shite

September 17, 2018, 02:18:56 PM
Reply #21

Hawkandro

Thought Kenny was okay myself, Digne the obvious standout and the rest pretty awful with notable exceptions for Schneiderlin and Guaye who were just abysmal. 

I thought Kenny and Digne were both left out to dry by our lack of midfield. They had obviously been told to bomb on and get crosses in, which they both did well. Sadly, West Ham soon realised no fucker was covering them when they did go forward, and picked us off on the counter so easily.

For me, it was all down to a badly misfiring midfield yesterday. Schneiderlin did well to play, and I am not going to knock him, but Gueye was appalling. I know Gueye has been injured, so hopefully it was just a case of rushing him back when he wasn't fully fit.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 17, 2018, 07:18:20 PM
Reply #22

Mayor Farnum

West Ham were quite happy to let  Gueye have as much possession as possible and just wait for the turn-over.

September 17, 2018, 07:24:47 PM
Reply #23

Free Agent

Can’t fault Gueye for effort. 100% application, sadly 100% headless chicken also.

September 17, 2018, 07:47:33 PM
Reply #24

Martip

Have a cookie
Absolutely awful error from the gobby one and dont ever see this legendary distribution for us. Overrated.

September 17, 2018, 10:10:19 PM
Reply #25

loroloco

tosun is awful. i think people go easy on him because they fear the alternative is niasse. many will disagree but i don't think tosun is an upgrade on niasse in any way. neither of them are good enough, neither is dcl for that matter. we don't have a decent striker at the club. we have options out wide so with that in mind i think our best striker is theo walcott.

September 17, 2018, 10:22:10 PM
Reply #26

gizzblue

Not sure about those saying Digne was class ....good going forward ..but got stranded for the first goal by the halfway line and although Pickford gave the ball away ,even my nan knows Yarmalenko has only got a left leg .. .so challenge him on it not show him into it .

The rest mediocre at best yesterday. ...but not the end of the world ...we could be in West hams  5games four losses.

Still think Tosun is working hard and goals will come .

Bernard although lightweight is a baller for sure .
Badly need  Gomez in midfield .
Born not made a blue .

September 17, 2018, 10:30:30 PM
Reply #27

D15TIN

Pickford -3 - Shocking, having a bad time this season IMO.

Kenny 6 - Put in some good deliveries, a lot better than what colemans been putting in, Anderson rinsed him a few times though.

Holgate 2 - Too weak for a CB, needs dropping and probably selling on in the future.

Zouma 4 - Bit better than Holgate, but generally not a good performance, should be dominating strikers, given the size of him

Digne 6.5 - Crossing is pinpoint almost every delivery, if we had a lukaku or a cahill in there, they'd be getting a hatful. Defending not great yesterday though

Gana 5 - I don't think he was fit, had a pretty poor game from start to finish, won the ball back a few times as he does, but he just cant be trusted on the ball to start attacks

Schneiderlin 5- cant really judge him too much with what hes had to deal with this week

Sigurdsson 4 - Poor, x2 freekicks in good positions hit the wall, doesn't look for the ball enough at times, cant carry the ball, which we need desperately.

Bernard 8 - Think he looks a real quality player, and looks like he works really hard too, hope he starts sunday, will cause a lot of teams problems

Calvert Lewin 5 - Not his biggest fan anyway, but weve known from day 1 he isn't a fucking winger, so don't play him there!!!

Tosun - 3 - Doesn't look for the ball enough, never in the correct position from crosses, cant finish when he does get a chance, replacement needed.

Walcott 5 - Did some good things, second half I thought he was poor, lost the ball on a few occasions.

Niasse 4 - Hit the bar from a good chance, got more involved than tosun has done for 3/4 games though, we already know he's not good enough.

Lookman 4 - barely involved.

September 18, 2018, 02:53:04 PM
Reply #28

Hawkandro

Tosun is the one that is worrying me; he has been described as a natural finisher, and he looked decent in a struggling side last season. Now? He looks utterly shot; totally devoid of confidence, and offered nothing whatsoever the other day. May be time to give DCL or Richarlison a go up top, and look for replacements in January.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 18, 2018, 04:03:38 PM
Reply #29

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tosun is the one that is worrying me; he has been described as a natural finisher, and he looked decent in a struggling side last season. Now? He looks utterly shot; totally devoid of confidence, and offered nothing whatsoever the other day. May be time to give DCL or Richarlison a go up top, and look for replacements in January.

Don’t think anyone’s ever been 100% sold on really. He looks better in videos from besiktas and it IS hard to judge a striker in a side that doesn’t make any chances for them, but he’s not really making anything happen and at he moment isn’t even holding the ball up well enough so you have to say it wouldn’t be terrible to try something else.

Worry about richarlison up top - typically his shots per game and influence on the game has dropped when played down the middle in England, but he’s onbiously done it in and for brazil.

Think we’d be better off having him do his main job of wide forward which he’s shown he can do very well at this level. Potentially phenomenally well.

Would personally say dom’s time now. Mobile, strong, good work rate and touch, play it off him and look to get Gylfi/Walcott/Richarlison in on goal.

Not going to go on about it but Walcott definitely on ‘the list’. Wonder if Bernard DCL Richarlison would work as a three, and have richarlison and Bernard swapping around.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.