November 18, 2018, 07:18:50 AM

Author Topic: Our support  (Read 5309 times)

September 18, 2018, 06:34:07 AM
Reply #45

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Money changing hands or not, if you think booing will bring a positive reaction youíre having a laugh and are completely out of touch with how the real world works.

September 18, 2018, 12:56:07 PM
Reply #46

blue1948

I'm sure we all get bouts of confidence loss/self doubt at work. The higher you go in most businesses the more pressure you ll get....for top end footballers the pressure is fan expectation and club expectation in terms of cost vs performance as the numbers involved are huge each time. Let's not forget that mental strength is a key component of what makes the top players and we shouldn't be pussy footing aroundmaking excuses for everyone....if they havent got what it takes then they haven't.

I suspect you have never earned a lot of money ,if you had you would realise that once you have been on it a while it becomes "normal" and the effect wears off .Therefore to harp on every time is a bit ignorant of reality .Yes it is a vast sum to us but to them ,who are all on silly money ,it is "normal .

On the booing ,yes the supporters pay and have the right within reason but the thing is they shouldn't want to ,at least not at the drop of a hat .I think Kenny will have had nightmares after the game ,he was completely out played ,lost for pace and that meant he was out of position too many times but he will learn and is a kid . It is like a lot of things ,it is now part of Goodison culture and will be hard to rid .There is also the frustration of the stadium move in the backs of minds and for that I expect some frustration . COYB
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:01:12 PM by blue1948 »

September 18, 2018, 01:24:06 PM
Reply #47

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Sorry, this is naive at best and horseshit at worst. Everyone know the atmosphere at Goodison is awful the majority of the time these days, and you can clearly hear the moans, groans and boos from the cranks whether you're at the game, watching on TV or listening on the radio.

It's not just Everton mind. The majority of PL grounds are sterile as fuck these days. Something needs to change in the game.

Whatís with the naive and bullshit shout ? I said it must have been in an isolated area as I didnít hear any booing (as others have also said) if I didnít hear it I didnít hear it, I didnít say it didnít happen somewhere, then again , you did post a lot of confrontational shit around midnight so Iíll give you the benefit of doubt and put it down to you being pissed.

September 18, 2018, 02:05:31 PM
Reply #48

Macca77

I booed on Sunday, in the pub like cos they had no quavers left.

September 18, 2018, 03:10:07 PM
Reply #49

Mayor Farnum

I booed on Sunday, in the pub like cos they had no quavers left.

If they have Quavers next week you've just shot down the ant-booing argument.

September 18, 2018, 03:13:50 PM
Reply #50

Alanvideo

Whatís with the naive and bullshit shout ? I said it must have been in an isolated area as I didnít hear any booing (as others have also said) if I didnít hear it I didnít hear it, I didnít say it didnít happen somewhere, then again , you did post a lot of confrontational shit around midnight so Iíll give you the benefit of doubt and put it down to you being pissed.

...............as i said earlier ,I didn't hear any booing in the MS and I didn't hear any on the playback either but it must happen somewhere as people keep going on about it.  Plenty of moans and groans when passes are misplaced or chances missed but I think that's allowed and you hear it at every ground. Booing is unacceptable though.
The atmosphere at Goodison is what it is. We are apprehensive before most games .We don't expect to beat anybody these days and when the bottom of the league team take a 2-0 lead it can't do anything else but have a negative effect. But we keep turning up..........
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 18, 2018, 03:18:35 PM
Reply #51

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I heard it.

It doesnít have to be in your area of the ground for you to know it goes on.

I think youíre all burying your heads in the sand.

September 18, 2018, 03:31:58 PM
Reply #52

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I heard it.

It doesnít have to be in your area of the ground for you to know it goes on.

I think youíre all burying your heads in the sand.

Ram, Iím not burying my head in the sand, I know it goes on, all I ever said was I didnít hear it where I was, canít say I heard it if I didnít.

September 18, 2018, 03:56:18 PM
Reply #53

Macca77

If they have Quavers next week you've just shot down the ant-booing argument.

I'll boo louder if they don't

September 18, 2018, 03:59:52 PM
Reply #54

Alanvideo

I'll tell what should be booed - that Generation Game thingy at half time  :wag:
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 18, 2018, 04:05:26 PM
Reply #55

Martip

I suspect you have never earned a lot of money ,if you had you would realise that once you have been on it a while it becomes "normal" and the effect wears off .Therefore to harp on every time is a bit ignorant of reality .Yes it is a vast sum to us but to them ,who are all on silly money ,it is "normal .

On the booing ,yes the supporters pay and have the right within reason but the thing is they shouldn't want to ,at least not at the drop of a hat .I think Kenny will have had nightmares after the game ,he was completely out played ,lost for pace and that meant he was out of position too many times but he will learn and is a kid . It is like a lot of things ,it is now part of Goodison culture and will be hard to rid .There is also the frustration of the stadium move in the backs of minds and for that I expect some frustration . COYB
I suppose it depends on what you consider lots of money but I d say I do earn a decent whack so your assumption is incorrect although I don't really want to enter into a dick swinging competition. As I stated earlier I have turned down jobs on 10-15k more than im on currently simply because they would not fit the work life balance I want.

September 18, 2018, 04:10:37 PM
Reply #56

WeimaranerBlues

was not at the game so can't make a judgement, but sections of the ground would have booed  at half time if Gylfi had not scored, mainly because it was West Ham -  if it had been City would we have that upset

as regards the booing of individuals at the final whistle totally out of order for me , 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:13:43 PM by WeimaranerBlues »

September 18, 2018, 04:19:10 PM
Reply #57

Martip

Money changing hands or not, if you think booing will bring a positive reaction youíre having a laugh and are completely out of touch with how the real world works.
I don't think anyone is saying that booing will bring a positive reaction but that the paying public have a right to express their frustration at a particularly poor performance.

September 18, 2018, 04:24:45 PM
Reply #58

Lxxx

The boos were already in the throats for the half time whistle when Sig scored on Sunday. Quite rightly so too.

September 18, 2018, 04:44:50 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think this ‘instant gratificsion’ Culture thing is a bit of an over-exaggeration.

If it was that, every club in he country would be like this. Maybe it is? I dunno.

Goodison is deffo more moany and groany and towards the end of MartŪnez, much of Koeman and all of allardyce I actively hated going the game because it was so fucking negative. The football was shite, the crowd was low and attitudes were absolutely foul.

Part of me thinks because for so long we sold ourselves on the lie that if only we could spend like the big boys, we’d be back to being a big club.

But then we got money, and we slammed on the reverse and we made bad turn after bad turn. It felt like we were fingertips away and all we needed was a push and the push we finally got has sent us further away than ever.

The top 4 has finally become a Big 6 and we missed it.

There’s an inevitability about things like going a goal down to a Yarmolenko goal against bottom of the league West Ham at home that you can feel coming and when it does it just feels like AGAIN? Like going the match has become one long 3-4 year trudge in he mud only punctuated by short periods of true, impotent fury.

If you want to blame anyone, blame he people at the club who have made the decisions they’ve made.

If we were flying high and winning games and had been since we promised that ‘nothing would be the same’, then in my opinion the atmosphere would be considerably better.

It was even going a little bit during West Ham wasn’t it, but then right when it gets going what happened? And then again? And then again?

We have less patience than we did when we were shit. Possibly cause we knew we were shit, possibly cause we’d won things not long ago and it felt like a brief interlude, or possibly because we have been promised that we’d put that period behind us now and the frustrating fact is we haven’t, and we quite likely missed our chance to for good.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:45:56 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.