November 20, 2018, 01:26:38 AM

Author Topic: Our support  (Read 5382 times)

September 18, 2018, 04:57:06 PM
Reply #60

eugene

Think this "instant gratificsion' Culture thing is a bit of an over-exaggeration.

If it was that, every club in he country would be like this. Maybe it is? I dunno.

Goodison is deffo more moany and groany and towards the end of MartŪnez, much of Koeman and all of allardyce I actively hated going the game because it was so fucking negative. The football was shite, the crowd was low and attitudes were absolutely foul.

Part of me thinks because for so long we sold ourselves on the lie that if only we could spend like the big boys, we'd be back to being a big club.

But then we got money, and we slammed on the reverse and we made bad turn after bad turn. It felt like we were fingertips away and all we needed was a push and the push we finally got has sent us further away than ever.

The top 4 has finally become a Big 6 and we missed it.

There's an inevitability about things like going a goal down to a Yarmolenko goal against bottom of the league West Ham at home that you can feel coming and when it does it just feels like AGAIN? Like going the match has become one long 3-4 year trudge in he mud only punctuated by short periods of true, impotent fury.

If you want to blame anyone, blame he people at the club who have made the decisions they've made.

If we were flying high and winning games and had been since we promised that "nothing would be the same', then in my opinion the atmosphere would be considerably better.

It was even going a little bit during West Ham wasn't it, but then right when it gets going what happened? And then again? And then again?

We have less patience than we did when we were shit. Possibly cause we knew we were shit, possibly cause we'd won things not long ago and it felt like a brief interlude, or possibly because we have been promised that we'd put that period behind us now and the frustrating fact is we haven't, and we quite likely missed our chance to for good.
Donít know about for good mate

September 18, 2018, 05:26:07 PM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít know about for good mate

Hope not.

I donít really think you can make the jump without revenue, wages and stuff like that coming with you, or without finding an incredible edge other havenít (e.g Tottenham producing the best English striker of his generation, and convincing him to stay there forever on a 1/3 of what he could get elsewhere, or Liverpool adopting a lean and efficient transfer strategy backed by a top coach that yields players like Mane, Firmino, Salah for like what £100m?), and I donít particularly see any of that changing for us out of the blue.

Every year that goes by the top 6 become more and more entrenched. The money and focus increasingly shifting towards European competition and moves these clubs further and further ahead of us.

We donít have the backing, the support, or the commercial operations to push us into another bracket. We maybe did have that short window where we could spend £2-300m without upsetting FFP, but we did that and we invested...unwisely, while simulataneously losing Barkley, Lukaku, Stones.

Maybe marcel holds the key, maybe Bramley Moore will be a force multiplier, maybe weíll unearth a diamond.

But we are in no uncertain terms back to praying for rain.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2018, 05:28:01 PM
Reply #62

Alanvideo

Good post @brap2 .
As you say the crowd were getting behind the team when it looked as if we could get back to 2-2 v.West ham - and then the 3rd goal killed it.
As fans we think Everton  should be doing better now that we have money but in reality we don't even have the team spirit that Moyes instilled. Our crowd gets compared unfavourably to those of clubs like Palace with their constant singing but they are just happy to be in the PL. We are a frustrated ,dis-satisfied lot .
We are special ,we are Everton.

September 18, 2018, 05:32:12 PM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Good post @brap2 .
As you say the crowd were getting behind the team when it looked as if we could get back to 2-2 v.West ham - and then the 3rd goal killed it.
As fans we think Everton  should be doing better now that we have money but in reality we don't even have the team spirit that Moyes instilled. Our crowd gets compared unfavourably to those of clubs like Palace with their constant singing but they are just happy to be in the PL. We are a frustrated ,dis-satisfied lot .

Yeah like it or not we are more the embarrassed fallen royalty than clubs like palace etc. Certainly in our own heads anyway.

Can barely get my head around the fact my dad has seen us win the lot, or the trips to Wembley with my older brothers when I was a baby were a regular thing.

Iíve been with him twice in 30 years and we got battered twice.

All of that said - despite how I go on I do *think* BMD is going to happen, I do think Moshiri has been good for the club and the sooner kenwright is gone the better - and I like the look of marcel.

And finally - I wish people would get off individual players backs at the game. Especially the young players.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 18, 2018, 05:59:24 PM
Reply #64

Jamokachi

Whatís with the naive and bullshit shout ? I said it must have been in an isolated area as I didnít hear any booing (as others have also said) if I didnít hear it I didnít hear it, I didnít say it didnít happen somewhere, then again , you did post a lot of confrontational shit around midnight so Iíll give you the benefit of doubt and put it down to you being pissed.

I wasn't, and I'm in a different time zone anyway. There's nothing confrontational about it at all (or any other posts). Booing happens at Goodison, regularly (as it does at most PL grounds). It's irrelevant whether it does or doesn't happen in 'your section', and to state it doesn't suggests you disagree with the OP.

Anyway, booing happens, and it's stupid. Fans/the club need to find a better way of getting behind the team, because atmospheres are dying a slow, painful death.

September 18, 2018, 07:12:56 PM
Reply #65

blue1948

Yeah like it or not we are more the embarrassed fallen royalty than clubs like palace etc. Certainly in our own heads anyway.

Can barely get my head around the fact my dad has seen us win the lot, or the trips to Wembley with my older brothers when I was a baby were a regular thing.

Iíve been with him twice in 30 years and we got battered twice.

All of that said - despite how I go on I do *think* BMD is going to happen, I do think Moshiri has been good for the club and the sooner kenwright is gone the better - and I like the look of marcel.

And finally - I wish people would get off individual players backs at the game. Especially the young players.

Good posts there and sadly a bit too much truth and reality .Having seen the best part of our history I can understand the why not me attitude .One point ,when we were winning things and for a while after if there was a boo from the crowd they would soon be told to "give it a fucking rest la" so I suppose on this I am out of date -again.

September 18, 2018, 07:28:16 PM
Reply #66

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I wasn't, and I'm in a different time zone anyway. There's nothing confrontational about it at all (or any other posts). Booing happens at Goodison, regularly (as it does at most PL grounds). It's irrelevant whether it does or doesn't happen in 'your section', and to state it doesn't suggests you disagree with the OP.

Anyway, booing happens, and it's stupid. Fans/the club need to find a better way of getting behind the team, because atmospheres are dying a slow, painful death.

Jeez Jamo ! I have said a dozen times now that I didnít hear it, I havenít said it didnít happen, thatís all !

September 18, 2018, 09:22:21 PM
Reply #67

D15TIN

Atmosphere was good against Southampton for 90minutes and we won, Huddersfield and west ham crowds been sat down from the start and then got frustrated when we went a goal down. Maybe something needs to be done in the lower gwladys

September 18, 2018, 09:52:23 PM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Atmosphere was good against Southampton for 90minutes and we won, Huddersfield and west ham crowds been sat down from the start and then got frustrated when we went a goal down. Maybe something needs to be done in the lower gwladys

A crocodile or two let loose, drunk to the gills on cheap rum.

September 18, 2018, 10:41:48 PM
Reply #69

Elgoodo1978

Yes, you need mental toughness to be a professional sportsman but your comment is a bit ignorant. We have no idea what issues a person is going through that can impact in them mentally- to then be underperforming in front of thousands who then turn on you can be the straw that breaks the camel's back - regardless of age. They are still human beings with the same insecurities and hang ups that everyone else has

Don't want to give him a pass but reckon Schneiderlin's head wasn't there on Saturday after the loss of his dad in the week.  Maybe he should/shouldn't have played but as soon as it started to get toxic he had no chance.

September 18, 2018, 10:49:30 PM
Reply #70

Lxxx

What needs to be done is stop conceding the first goal at home. There is nothing more certain to get the crowd restless than going a goal down.

September 18, 2018, 11:08:03 PM
Reply #71

D15TIN

What needs to be done is stop conceding the first goal at home. There is nothing more certain to get the crowd restless than going a goal down.
But the atmosphere was quiet and drab even before that happened in both home games

September 18, 2018, 11:25:44 PM
Reply #72

Lxxx

But the atmosphere was quiet and drab even before that happened in both home games

I agree. We don't make life easy for ourselves though as the atmosphere changes so quickly at Goodison from apathy to toxic. There used to be a bit of a roar when we went a goal down and a chant of 'Everton' to try and rouse the players. Now it just goes from quiet to moaning.

September 18, 2018, 11:26:50 PM
Reply #73

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Don't want to give him a pass but reckon Schneiderlin's head wasn't there on Saturday after the loss of his dad in the week.  Maybe he should/shouldn't have played but as soon as it started to get toxic he had no chance.

Just give him a pass mate, it wonít cost you anything.

September 18, 2018, 11:37:51 PM
Reply #74

oscar

There must be a way of ramping up the atmosphere before the start and that generation game at half time is embarrassing
Bring back the cross bar challenge