November 21, 2018, 08:03:28 AM

Author Topic: Our support  (Read 5393 times)

September 20, 2018, 01:07:33 AM
Reply #105

Mayor Farnum

It's only 90 minutes and you're sitting in the cold for 90% of the season. Can't believe there would be much call for beer at the game apart from young scallies trying to look hard.

September 20, 2018, 01:30:00 AM
Reply #106

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
It's only 90 minutes and you're sitting in the cold for 90% of the season. Can't believe there would be much call for beer at the game apart from young scallies trying to look hard.

Well if they sold nice beer I’d imagine that would change.

How much revenue do you reckon American stadiums make from ale?

Then again I think you’re probably just being a judgemental twat.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2018, 01:35:44 AM
Reply #107

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, only young scallies bevy at the game.

September 20, 2018, 01:45:47 AM
Reply #108

Martip

Just no

September 20, 2018, 01:51:49 AM
Reply #109

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

You've obviously never been to Cardiff
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

September 20, 2018, 01:51:58 AM
Reply #110

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
maybe 30 years ago, but 30 years old rules don't always still apply to society when they are 30 years old
Take your point that rules can become out of date but they can also still be relevant. Whilst it may present itself in slightly different ways than 30 years ago I think it's naive to think that things have changed that much and sadly the old atmosphere was down to standing, beer and much less crowd control through ticketing and on the day and there's no going back to that. The 'macho' behaviour backed by violence or the threat of it was an essential ingredient of the atmosphere.
Safe standing would help but, overall, the only way to create more atmosphere is for people to open their mouths and support their team. As mentioned by others there is also an expectation that we somehow deserve or have a right to success and that we should wait patiently for the team to lift us rather than us lifting them.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

September 20, 2018, 02:15:20 AM
Reply #111

Thornton_19

Having been to a few games abroad in stadiums were they allow a beer on the terraces. Ill tell you what its a sensation. A lovely addition to watching a game of football.

Its very odd in this country the way at the Rugby/Cricket/Tennis you can having a bevvy and nothings thought of it but at the football its an issue.

Strange country we live in.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:17:11 AM by Thornton_19 »

September 20, 2018, 02:28:46 AM
Reply #112

BlueForYou

That's because they're "Grammar School" sports

And according to Arsene Wenger, people abroad who drink are more sophisticated than us
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:29:48 AM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 20, 2018, 02:47:01 AM
Reply #113

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
That's because they're "Grammar School" sports

And according to Arsene Wenger, people abroad who drink are more sophisticated than us

Not in Wales they're not - rugby is the working class game and we can stand side by side with opposing fans with a pint of seven at a game (for the most part as there are always a few knobheads).

September 20, 2018, 03:03:42 AM
Reply #114

BlueForYou

(Note: "Grammar School")

Rugby: considered a game for thugs, played and supported by gentlemen

Football: considered a game for gentlemen, played and supported by thugs

So some say
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 20, 2018, 03:23:19 AM
Reply #115

Mouse

The amount of short-termism is depressing at times. Everything must be instant. We were absolutely awful last season. Boring and torturous to watch without any redeeming factors. If we had any skillful players they were clearly warned about taking any risks. Going to the game was a chore.

This season, so far, we are not much better (some may argue not any better). But at least there is genuine hope of a more exciting and expansive style of play. I can what we are trying to do, we're just not quite good enough to do it. Gash has it right, we don't have the players to match the style. But, Richarlison will be back and we know what he brings, Digne looks silky smooth going forward, Bernard did enough in one half to get me off my seat, Mina has yet to play, Gomes similar. Add to that the existing mix of reliable experience (Coleman, Baines, Sigurdsson, etc) and teh potential of youth (DCL, Holgate, Lookman) and we do have soemthing to get behind.

Before we signed anyone all the talk was of Silva needing a season or possibly 3 transfer windows to right the wrongs of the last 3-4 seasons. Now, after 5 games, people are asking questions and some truly embarrassing idiots are calling into phone-ins saying he has to go. No wonder some people think we have an entitlement issue.

Chill out, sit back and enjoy the next few months as we see the players growing in confidence to deliver the style the manager so clearly desires (insane optimism, I know!).

September 20, 2018, 03:38:58 AM
Reply #116

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I think there's been a massive need it now emphasis since moshiri took over.

All that we are rich songs and how we can buy who we want and then assuming every player we buy for x amount will be boss has ruined people's mindsets
Simply simply lovely

September 20, 2018, 04:56:13 AM
Reply #117

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No to be honest I think it’s was the absolute failures to move the club forward and the ensuing 3 years of torture and embarrassment that ruined people’s mindsets.

I’m also yet to see anyone who ‘wants it now’ as people keep saying. Where are they? They’re not on this forum as far as I can see!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:03:33 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2018, 05:01:33 AM
Reply #118

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think there's been a massive need it now emphasis since moshiri took over.

All that we are rich songs and how we can buy who we want and then assuming every player we buy for x amount will be boss has ruined people's mindsets

Having dickheads go on sky sports saying we’ve won the transfer market because we’ve signed injured loan players doesn’t help matters.

September 20, 2018, 05:14:08 AM
Reply #119

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Having dickheads go on sky sports saying we’ve won the transfer market because we’ve signed injured loan players doesn’t help matters.

And we still haven't seen the fucking trophy for that