November 21, 2018, 02:15:05 PM

Author Topic: Our support  (Read 5399 times)

September 20, 2018, 05:54:18 AM
Reply #120

Thornton_19

That's because they're "Grammar School" sports

And according to Arsene Wenger, people abroad who drink are more sophisticated than us
When i ordered 4 beers at the Olimpico the man who served me did say 'Oh English' like.

September 20, 2018, 09:35:41 PM
Reply #121

Evertonian in NC

Well if they sold nice beer I’d imagine that would change.

How much revenue do you reckon American stadiums make from ale?

Then again I think you’re probably just being a judgemental twat.

Let me tell just an example that proves the point.  When the Carolina Panthers were awarded an NFL expansion franchise, the downtown Charlotte stadium wasn't ready for the first season.  So they played their games at the largest university stadium in the area, about 90 minutes away in South Carolina.

What they found out last minute was that South Carolina had a law about serving beer within a certain distance of a church on Sunday, and some group of ministers decided they would foist sobriety on just 8 NFL Sundays in 1 NFL venue, for 1 year.

They called a special session and changed the law.

This August, I was in Colorado and took a tour of the Denver Broncos' Mile High Stadium 2: Horsey Boogaloo.  As part of the tour, they showed us the beer dispensing and storage facilities, and said that on average, between 600-700 kegs' worth of beer is sold on an average Game Day.

/and yes, that is primarily a cold weather venue
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 20, 2018, 10:11:46 PM
Reply #122

Bluedylan

No to be honest I think it’s was the absolute failures to move the club forward and the ensuing 3 years of torture and embarrassment that ruined people’s mindsets.

I’m also yet to see anyone who ‘wants it now’ as people keep saying. Where are they? They’re not on this forum as far as I can see!

I don't think this forum is necessarily reflective of the fanbase. It tends to be a lot more measured and balanced on here. If you look on twitter and GOT and places like that, there are loads of people demanding results and success now, and loads of people not willing to accept that transition takes time before you can properly evaluate it.

There are a few on this forum like, lurking in the shadows, waiting to pile in after any bad result/performance.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 20, 2018, 10:28:52 PM
Reply #123

Shogun

Administrator
I don't think this forum is necessarily reflective of the fanbase. It tends to be a lot more measured and balanced on here. If you look on twitter and GOT and places like that, there are loads of people demanding results and success now, and loads of people not willing to accept that transition takes time before you can properly evaluate it.

There are a few on this forum like, lurking in the shadows, waiting to pile in after any bad result/performance.

Let’s not talk about Facebook Evertonians

Different breed
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 20, 2018, 10:35:53 PM
Reply #124

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Let’s not talk about Facebook Evertonians

Different breed

It’s truly disgusting some of the brainless shite you see isn’t it. Have to bite my tongue regularly.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2018, 10:41:38 PM
Reply #125

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

That’s absolutely fair, and I totally agree. I wouldn’t touch another forum with someone else’s - this feels a lot more measured 100%.

But, I guess we are seeing people post on here talking about people being reactive and I don’t think they’re talking about posts they’ve seen on GOT.

As far as I am concerned I’m not seeing too much reactive stuff, and for me it just feels like a very easy way to brush debate you don’t like under the rug.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2018, 10:47:06 PM
Reply #126

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I don’t think this forum or anything else online is particularly reflective of the fanbase, even though it’s comprised of the same people.

It’s well documented that people who are measured in real life will be more extreme, rude, reactive and thoughtless in an online setting. This of course doesn’t just apply to football.

All the ridiculousness you see online (on both sides - people initially saying how wonderful Silva was based on very little evidence, and now the opposite) is not reflected at all when I speak to people in person.

September 20, 2018, 11:05:14 PM
Reply #127

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nb: would say that when you (@bluedylan) said you find some stuff I post ‘unhelpful’ it has given me a bit of pause. It is essentially just stressed rambling, it might make me feel better but does it anyone else? Perhaps not.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:06:21 PM by brap2 »

September 20, 2018, 11:12:27 PM
Reply #128

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nb: would say that when you (@bluedylan) said you find some stuff I post ‘unhelpful’ it has given me a bit of pause. It is essentially just stressed rambling, it might make me feel better but does it anyone else? Perhaps not.

I enjoy it myself.

Think you're a bit quick to write off players a tad, but you just say what a lot of us think but don't really want to admit.

i.e Sigurdsson not being very good, Walcott not having much of a future.

September 20, 2018, 11:23:30 PM
Reply #129

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I enjoy it myself.

Think you're a bit quick to write off players a tad, but you just say what a lot of us think but don't really want to admit.

i.e Sigurdsson not being very good, Walcott not having much of a future.

I am bad for that. Flip-flop on players all the time as well.

Not trying to be duplicitous or blowing with the wind I just genuinely convince myself one way or the other haha.

September 20, 2018, 11:34:24 PM
Reply #130

Evertonian in NC

I like to hear everyone's gut reactions, as long as doesn't go too far over the top.  It's good to challenge one's own pre-conceived notions, and like somebody said upthread, "say what others might be thinking out loud."
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 20, 2018, 11:47:12 PM
Reply #131

Martip

I am bad for that. Flip-flop on players all the time as well.

Not trying to be duplicitous or blowing with the wind I just genuinely convince myself one way or the other haha.
The thing is all football is reactionary  like that and brings out intense emotion in real passionate fans....you are only as good as your last game and all that with football being a massive part of people lives.

I find people are selective when they choose to be reactionary.....one player is just not good enough regardless but another can be given numerous games of shit with all the excuses under the sun if it suits. For me it should be as simple as say what you see so as you were sir  :thumbsup:

September 21, 2018, 12:07:35 AM
Reply #132

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Nothing too wrong with blowing off a little steam online. Football is fucking stressful, Everton especially so. And at the same time it’s only a game and as individuals fans we’ve got practically fuck all influence, so having a bit of a meltdown doesn’t really hurt anyone, and can be quite cathartic. Though you might end up looking like a bit of an idiot.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:08:46 AM by Ell Capitan »

September 21, 2018, 12:23:57 AM
Reply #133

Martip

The question is when is a players/managers poor performances are enough to have a moan. People's tolerances seem to differ which causes the friction.

September 21, 2018, 02:09:50 AM
Reply #134

Macca77

Fans have no patience nowadays, it's as simple as that, a lot have forgotten the shite we've had to watch over the last 20 odd years and how hard it was, all they see now is our millionaire owner, the money we've spent and what the twats across the park are doing. Fuck all that nonsense