October 24, 2018, 05:32:19 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 9806 times)

September 20, 2018, 04:24:24 PM
Reply #30

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Big part of me would just settle for a 1-0 defeat here.

Just have a feeling we could take a battering.

September 20, 2018, 04:49:30 PM
Reply #31

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Big part of me would just settle for a 1-0 defeat here.

Just have a feeling we could take a battering.

Not really expecting a result myself but more hoping for a plan - how are we going to set up against big sides away?

They don’t look unbeatable at all like, and I honestly wouldn’t put it past us to look alright here (before a milquetoast display against Southampton) but it would be wrong to expect a result here really given our history and current squad issues.

I’ve been saying lash mina in all week but it’s probably not ideal to just drop him into a struggling defence away to arsenal up against laca and auba, if it happens I’d be OK with it but it is a bit sink or swim.

He’s ublikely to drop Gylfi despite the clamour from certain subsections of the fan base, and we’re not sure if he can even play CM so I’d imagine he’ll be off the striker again.

The talk of richarlison up front feels a bit footy manager to me, and his performances in England up top have been poor apparently. I believe he wasn’t great in his sub appearance for brazil up top, v USA was it?

I’d keep him wide left where he is a fantastic player, and although I’d say dcl up top I think Marco will stick with the big man.

Wide right is my man off the list Walcott, don’t expect him to be here next year so enjoy him while you can if you like him.

And in cm it’s almost certainly the reheated leftovers of Morgan Schneiderlin and the empty space where Idrissa Gana Gueye should have been while arsenal break up the pitch.

However - I do think and hope he will go compact, and look to break into space with balls over mustafi and mert’, and I think that’ll be quite effective.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 04:52:41 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 20, 2018, 10:43:52 PM
Reply #32

D15TIN

Think we'll get chances, don't think Silva sets up to defend or sit in any game, I think we'll have a few strange results this season- wouldn't be overly surprised if we took a point here with a score draw. Capable of going there and winning, but highly unlikely with our defence

September 21, 2018, 03:03:12 AM
Reply #33

sam of the south

Not really expecting a result myself but more hoping for a plan - how are we going to set up against big sides away?

They donít look unbeatable at all like, and I honestly wouldnít put it past us to look alright here (before a milquetoast display against Southampton) but it would be wrong to expect a result here really given our history and current squad issues.

Iíve been saying lash mina in all week but itís probably not ideal to just drop him into a struggling defence away to arsenal up against laca and auba, if it happens Iíd be OK with it but it is a bit sink or swim.

Heís ublikely to drop Gylfi despite the clamour from certain subsections of the fan base, and weíre not sure if he can even play CM so Iíd imagine heíll be off the striker again.

The talk of richarlison up front feels a bit footy manager to me, and his performances in England up top have been poor apparently. I believe he wasnít great in his sub appearance for brazil up top, v USA was it?

Iíd keep him wide left where he is a fantastic player, and although Iíd say dcl up top I think Marco will stick with the big man.

Wide right is my man off the list Walcott, donít expect him to be here next year so enjoy him while you can if you like him.

And in cm itís almost certainly the reheated leftovers of Morgan Schneiderlin and the empty space where Idrissa Gana Gueye should have been while arsenal break up the pitch.

However - I do think and hope he will go compact, and look to break into space with balls over mustafi and mertí, and I think thatíll be quite effective.

Richarlison played centre-forward vs El Salvador and won a pen and scored twice.

However, I would still prefer him left, Calvert-Lewin central, Walcott right, and Bernard #10.

Wonít happen, though.   
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 21, 2018, 03:35:25 AM
Reply #34

Ramjam

Arsenal having a nice European training session before the weekend game against us
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 21, 2018, 04:09:02 AM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

Arsenal having a nice European training session before the weekend game against us

Conceded two sloppy goals. They're still a bit 'puff pastry' if you get at them.

September 21, 2018, 04:15:48 AM
Reply #36

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Richarlison played centre-forward vs El Salvador and won a pen and scored twice.

However, I would still prefer him left, Calvert-Lewin central, Walcott right, and Bernard #10.

Won’t happen, though.   

El Salvador like. Great finishes, no question about it, but you know. El Salvador innit.

I’m sure I’ve seen that when Marco played him through the middle for Watford his performances got worse.

Not entirely sure Bernard has ever played as a 10 despite looking like one, although you see people saying it a lot. I tried to press Paul Riley on it (can bernard be our open chance creator?) on twitter and although he responded, he didn’t answer really. No data available for
Ukraine from what I’ve seen either - he seems to have an awful lot of assists though.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 21, 2018, 04:41:26 AM
Reply #37

Mouse

I'm sadistically looking forward to this. Allowing myself to think that this will be the one where we click and set off on a run of results that strikes fear into the rest of the league, while knowing full well that we'll be lucky to lose to these by less than 3 goals. The contrary joys of being a blue.

I'm in favour of keeping Cenk up top, I've convinced myself he really is an instinctive goalscorer and it will happen. Not sure when total faith turns to total rejection but it probably isn't far away.

Just have a feeling these are open enough for us to do something unexpected and that, with Silva getting close to having his preferred 11 fit, we will surprise them. Words to be dined upon late Sunday afternoon.

September 21, 2018, 04:46:27 AM
Reply #38

Toddacelli

Walcott to score first and celebrate wildly - endearing himself to certain sections of our support.

Arsenal to score 6 in response.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 21, 2018, 04:54:31 AM
Reply #39

Macca77

I'm gonna go through the Arsenal team and chuck a few quid on the one player who hasn't scored for a while

September 21, 2018, 08:04:23 AM
Reply #40

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Conceded two sloppy goals. They're still a bit 'puff pastry' if you get at them.

So are we  :eh:

September 21, 2018, 12:50:02 PM
Reply #41

sam of the south

El Salvador like. Great finishes, no question about it, but you know. El Salvador innit.

Iím sure Iíve seen that when Marco played him through the middle for Watford his performances got worse.

Not entirely sure Bernard has ever played as a 10 despite looking like one, although you see people saying it a lot. I tried to press Paul Riley on it (can bernard be our open chance creator?) on twitter and although he responded, he didnít answer really. No data available for
Ukraine from what Iíve seen either - he seems to have an awful lot of assists though.

The last half of your last sentence gave me a chubby
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 21, 2018, 05:51:32 PM
Reply #42

Cozzie

Gonna be a grim game this, but we have to play everyone twice over the course of the season, we have absolutely no way of getting out of this, so that is my logic in terms of just putting up with it.

September 21, 2018, 05:53:44 PM
Reply #43

Cozzie

Much rather see Richarlison given a go up top.

I like Tosun like and he is much better than what he is showing but his head is clearly not in it at the moment.

Give Bernard a decent run now to see what he can do, get him up to speed with this league.

Can't see this actually happening but it would be nice to see change to try and bounce back after that horror show last week.

September 21, 2018, 06:19:04 PM
Reply #44

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Love a bit of a formation ;) Wonder what this 4-3-3 would be like:

Pickford

Zouma ---------- Mina
Kenny (SC) ------------------------------------- Digne

Gomes --------- Sigurdsson

Bernard

Walcott ------------------------------ Richarlison
DCL