December 11, 2018, 06:54:30 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 11539 times)

September 21, 2018, 08:04:23 AM
Read 11539 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Conceded two sloppy goals. They're still a bit 'puff pastry' if you get at them.

So are we  :eh:

September 23, 2018, 11:12:57 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Its like were almost coordinated.

Got to love desire to win the ball back.

September 23, 2018, 11:14:48 PM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

September 23, 2018, 11:15:34 PM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Weve played well, its a shame. Got to take those chances.

September 23, 2018, 11:21:49 PM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Got to have a bit of luck in these games too. We've had no luck all season. Another shitty decision to add to the list.

September 23, 2018, 11:23:53 PM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Poor finishing Id say, too.

Well, yeah that certainly doesn't help.

September 23, 2018, 11:30:39 PM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's a shame as we've played well. Pressed pretty well.

Genuinely, I think if you needed more evidence on top of his long run in the side last season that DCL isn't the answer then I think this is another good example of it. He's not ready. Take that first chance and it could've been a whole different game. Not saying Tosun is the solution but we might need to get creative in how we use our front three. Maybe Walcott could be used centrally or Richarlison with Bernard coming in. Dunno.

September 23, 2018, 11:31:09 PM
Reply #7

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Nice header by Keane. Another not our day moment.

September 23, 2018, 11:36:06 PM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Confidence is a bit rattled. I hope we can pick ourselves up here and show something positive in these last 15 mins because it'd be a shame for us to just let this game play out.

September 23, 2018, 11:42:22 PM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's not good that we're offering almost nothing as an attacking threat here.

September 23, 2018, 11:45:06 PM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Our crossing has been a bit poop.

September 23, 2018, 11:57:54 PM
Reply #11

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's hard to have to come away with no points again.

There have been positives this season, but I hope we get a slice of luck soon because we need a bit to get up and running. It's felt like red cards, injuries, suspensions, and particularly bad decisions have really conspired to really give us a crap start to the season.

The West Ham game was really the only outlier for me in terms of we fully deserved to lose that as we played terribly.

That said, there are clearly things that need to be worked on. Presumably we'll see Mina and Gomes soon. We have to think creatively about our attacking unit too as to who plays centrally. Not DCL please. Not Tosun unless he can gain some form.

September 24, 2018, 12:00:08 AM
Reply #12

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, I liked Davies' performance.

September 24, 2018, 06:25:12 AM
Reply #13

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Ive been pretty disappointed or perhaps disillusioned would be a better word these last few years supporting Everton. My biggest positive in recent years was actually this past transfer window though. A lot of which weve yet to see the benefits of, but most of all because there was a plan and we are trying to address every area of the pitch. It gives me hope that there is a bigger plan on the works, an attempt to create a side that hasnt really been undertaken since Moyess days.

So the start of the season has been kinda poor, but I do see promise in a lot more players than I did last season. I hope they do gel when all these signings are finally assembled and we can build on that into next season.

Definitely are going to need a striker next time out but Im sure Brands is aware of that because he seemed to address most of the bigger issues we were complaining about for the last few years.