December 11, 2018, 07:01:36 AM

Author Topic: Arsenal v Everton  (Read 11541 times)

September 19, 2018, 05:00:50 AM
Read 11541 times

Shogun

Administrator
May as well get it over with.

Sunday at 4pm.

They are playing Thursday but it's at home to a random Ukraine side so won't make any difference.

Pickford
Coleman* Mina Zouma Digne
Davies Sigurdsson Gana
Walcott DCL Richarlison

*Probably Kenny

Don't think we'll see much of the ball anyway so won't need Schneiderlin to knock it 5 yards to the man next to him. At least with Sigurdsson in there he might be able to pass forward in a counter.

Don't think I'll be able to cope with these midfield options until January.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 05:01:51 AM by Shogun »
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

September 19, 2018, 05:24:16 AM
Reply #1

Shogun

Administrator
3-4-3

Gana and Davies in the middle.

Front three of Richarlison, DCL and Walcott

Try and get that defence outnumbered on the counter.

No point in trying to play any sort of possession based game, playing through the 3rds as we donít have the midfield for it.

Sick of us radically changing formation for big away games only to get embarrassed anyway

September 20, 2018, 04:13:38 PM
Reply #2

Shogun

Administrator
On reflection Iíd be happy to see Walcott Tosun Richarlison as the front three.

Tosun was playing pretty well until Richarlison got suspended and itís not like the other two donít get chances off the wing.

September 23, 2018, 12:34:07 AM
Reply #3

Shogun

Administrator
A win here would change things massively in terms of fan morale.

It seems like it would be miraculous but it's up to the players to change that mindset.

September 23, 2018, 07:29:38 PM
Reply #4

Shogun

Administrator
Dowell playing for the U23s today.

Doesn't look like things are going to work out for him.

September 23, 2018, 09:02:03 PM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Very interesting

Keane versus Aubameyang terrifies me.

September 23, 2018, 10:50:55 PM
Reply #6

Shogun

Administrator
Top first half there.

Feels like weíre going to to regret not scoring though.

September 23, 2018, 11:15:27 PM
Reply #7

Shogun

Administrator
Such a chore supporting us

September 23, 2018, 11:18:30 PM
Reply #8

Shogun

Administrator
Absolute fucking joke we donít have VAR in this league

September 23, 2018, 11:26:47 PM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
Really should be making a change

Doesnít really matter

September 23, 2018, 11:35:43 PM
Reply #10

Shogun

Administrator
This is why our support is the way it is.

No matter how well we play, it always ends in misery.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:50:18 PM by Shogun »

September 23, 2018, 11:57:57 PM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator
If you think Davies had a poor game there then I can only think youíre expecting him to be something heís not.

September 24, 2018, 02:56:10 AM
Reply #12

Shogun

Administrator
We played well and all that. And we defo did. We were really well set up. For the vast majority of the team, it was well executed.

But yet again. Yet fucking again, we didn't get it over the line. And it's not good enough. Failure and 'nearly but not quite' runs right through this club from top to bottom, and it's really not good enough. The number of times we won the ball off their defence, and had chances to kill them high up the pitch was incredible. They looked baffled and clueless.

Unfortunately we played like we thought 'these chances will keep coming', which again, isn't good enough at this level.

So tired of following this club, and so tired of being disappointed with them. All the changes of manager and players and it's the same shit over and over again. It's not today's result. Obviously people lose away at Arsenal. It's the manner of it, and the repetition of the same shit year after year.

Maybe I'm just not cut out for this stuff, and other people are more resilient and have a stronger constitution than me, but I'm not sure I've got it in me to keep taking it. I know we've had it much much worse than this, and I went through all of that too but it's the cumulative effect. Might just sack it off, and keep a general eye on things from afar now.

Totally get that. It's an absolute chore supporting us go nowhere. However, my expectations this season are:

- 7th-9th in the league
- Strong in the cup competitions
- Competitive in matches versus top 6
- Attractive Football

The way the league is set up, whether you're 7th or 12th is largely irrelevant in this league excluding the possibility of European football in June. Our hope of genuine happiness this season will come in the cups and it's yet to be seen how that will go. Today was miles better than last season against Arsenal (home or) away and that was because we created chances and looked really good for about 55 minutes playing the sort of football you need to if you're going to be a top 6 side.

As I see it, we're on track in what is a low expectation season. It's horrible to say but that is the best we can hope for this season as we are in transition, on and off the pitch. We need Brands and Silva to sort the squad out over the next two windows and next season is when something has to change because to be honest, I don't know what direction we go in if this doesn't work out.

September 24, 2018, 06:44:10 PM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
Not one of our players goes and challenges him or the ref.

The only reaction comes from Keane and that was half hearted. Obviously weíd shot ourselves in the foot but youíve still got to put them under pressure every other team does.

Only have to look at the reaction to the ball hitting Kennyís hand from one yard away. About five of them running towards the ref screamingly for a penalty.