November 16, 2018, 03:17:44 PM

Author Topic: [News]Pickford: Training under Silva is much tougher than last year  (Read 832 times)

September 23, 2018, 06:49:04 PM
Read 832 times

Everton News

Pickford: Training under Silva is much tougher than last year

Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford says his side are still getting a grip on the new training methods at Everton since the appointment of Marco Silva.

Source: Pickford: Training under Silva is much tougher than last year

September 23, 2018, 07:03:55 PM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

Keep up the good work, Marco

And keep on keeping, JP
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2018, 07:03:56 PM
Reply #2

Simon Paul

Administrator
not hard to see why a goalkeeper would prefer man to man marking over zonal is it?

September 23, 2018, 07:05:25 PM
Reply #3

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2018, 07:08:04 PM
Reply #4

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I get the impression the players are struggling slightly with the intensity of training, but know itís good for them in the long term.

I can see us really kicking on in a few weeks once everyone is up to speed with the new regime.

September 23, 2018, 07:08:54 PM
Reply #5

Simon Paul

Administrator
I get the impression the players are struggling slightly with the intensity of training, but know itís good for them in the long term.

I can see us really kicking on in a few weeks once everyone is up to speed with the new regime.

wonder if this new regime will stop us running out of steam by March

September 23, 2018, 07:10:43 PM
Reply #6

BlueForYou

They'll be working on stamina as well as speed

Harry Catterick

September 23, 2018, 07:21:25 PM
Reply #7

gizzblue

Breath of fresh air ....it's good to hear training is hard ,if it was a walk in the park what's the fucking point .

Push them Marco lad . :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

September 23, 2018, 07:40:22 PM
Reply #8

JordanianEmbassy

In terms of attitude as much as fitness. I've got the impression the players just haven't cared at the end of the last few seasons,... they were on the beach as soon as we couldn't catch United in Koemans first season, and as soon as relegation had been avoid last season.

September 23, 2018, 08:04:11 PM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

I think it's tactical ideas, as much as intensity, that they're struggling with. We've got players of limited intelligence (which is true of English football in general imo).
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 23, 2018, 08:11:33 PM
Reply #10

Lxxx

In terms of attitude as much as fitness. I've got the impression the players just haven't cared at the end of the last few seasons,... they were on the beach as soon as we couldn't catch United in Koemans first season, and as soon as relegation had been avoid last season.

I thin that's the same with most players in the league when there is nothing to play for.

September 23, 2018, 08:16:46 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And this is probably where that other report has twisted things.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

September 23, 2018, 08:27:28 PM
Reply #12

JordanianEmbassy

I thin that's the same with most players in the league when there is nothing to play for.

yeah thats probably true. I know Moyes had his faults but I did get the impression our lot would put the effort in right up to the end of the season under him though. Thats prob due to the characters in the side at the time, Cahill, Hibbert etc,

September 26, 2018, 11:11:17 PM
Reply #13

Danny

Iíd take a team that plays well until march at this point!

September 26, 2018, 11:23:23 PM
Reply #14

Gary1878

Training should be tough, and it should be a struggle. That is where you really find out which players want it the most, and who you can trust to perform.