November 17, 2018, 05:06:09 AM

Author Topic: Ratings versus Arsenal  (Read 1190 times)

September 24, 2018, 12:55:43 AM
Read 1190 times

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 6 - a better performance than of late. Still not at his best though

Digne 7 - tired but defensively did well and looked good at times going forward

Zouma 6 - at times great at others shaky. Showed moments of class.

Keane 7 - thought he was very good in terms of his positioning and tackling

Kenny 7 - a lot of pressure on him down his side but coped really well. Faded a little bit worked hard

Richarlison 7 - he was a little selfish at times but our greatest threat

Gueye 7 - he was excellent first half flagged second but broke up play and vital defensively

Davies 7 - did his best to provide a forward impetus while offering a solid base

Walcott 6 - a threat but a little off at times and left Kenny a little stranded. Suffered a nasty knock though

Sigurdsson 6 - when he has the ball and uses it its great. No one can say he doesn't work hard but question marks over what he provides remain

Calvert Lewin 4 - thought he would be great today and he really was poor. Big shame because he's shown more in other games

Subs

Bernard 6 - I'm not as sold on him as others but he can carry and play a ball and showed flashes of that

Tosun 6 - offered a better outlet

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:59:53 AM by Silas »

September 24, 2018, 12:57:48 AM
Reply #1

Martip

Really liked digne and richarlison.

September 24, 2018, 01:17:07 AM
Reply #2

School of Science

Thought Pickford deserved an 8 today, made one excellent save and showed good handling of the ball, neither goal was his fault 8
Kenny again played well, mostly sound defensively, got forward and linked play to good effect 7.5

Keane played well dominant in the air unlucky not to score, great save off Cech.
Zooma, played well slightly at fault with one of their goals 7
Digne excellent defended well attacked well. 8
Walcott Can do better, battled hard but drifted out of the game, missed a good chance. 6
Davies were good and influential game from Tom, his best in a long time, tackled and closed do we well also I thought passed it well. Mom 8.5
Gueye. Detailed well with Tom worked like a demon to win back possess, much better with the ball today. 7.5
DCL Not his best game, missed a few good chances, rightly pulled off. 6
Sigurdsson. Played okay, and played Walcott through after a beautiful nutmeg and through pass, tried hard, but must be involved more in what is a focal position.
Richarlison. Fine game, our biggest threat, Cech made most of his saves against him. Strong, pacy what's there not to like. Second only to Tom. 8. Bernard and Tosun not enough time really but done okay.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

September 24, 2018, 02:48:08 PM
Reply #3

Hawkandro

Gylfi is an enigma. I was over the moon when we signed him, and he hasn't played badly for us, quite the opposite really, but still, I just think he is a player we won't be able to get the best out of, as he isn't what we need really.

At this time we need someone like a young Yaya Toure; someone who can sit deep and dictate play, as well as being able to take the ball past players if needed. Hopefully Brands has his eye one or two younger players who may be able to do this role for us in future.

I can see us selling Gylfi at the end of the season, and he would go with the fans best wishes if he did, as he has not let us down once.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 24, 2018, 02:58:19 PM
Reply #4

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Wonder what we'd get for Gylfi?
We're still in a stupid market so if another PL club wanted him maybe £25m? £30m maybe?
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

September 24, 2018, 03:01:26 PM
Reply #5

Hawkandro

£25m probably.

September 24, 2018, 03:14:51 PM
Reply #6

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I think some people need to forget the idea of getting rid of Sigurdsson. EVEN if hes not good enough to start with everyone fit, we still need a strong squad if we want to compete. Id be more tempted to get a world class defensive mid, so we dont have to play 2 average ones, which would free up a more attacking mid slot. I honestly think we are a decent side and with 1 or 2 tweaks we can still push the top 6, if not, be right behind them, especially if we keep Richarlison, Walcott and Bernard fit.

September 24, 2018, 03:22:07 PM
Reply #7

Hawkandro

I think some people need to forget the idea of getting rid of Sigurdsson. EVEN if hes not good enough to start with everyone fit, we still need a strong squad if we want to compete. Id be more tempted to get a world class defensive mid, so we dont have to play 2 average ones, which would free up a more attacking mid slot. I honestly think we are a decent side and with 1 or 2 tweaks we can still push the top 6, if not, be right behind them, especially if we keep Richarlison, Walcott and Bernard fit.

I think it would be his wages for me; if he isn't starting then he is on too much to be a back-up or a bench warmer.

September 24, 2018, 04:20:23 PM
Reply #8

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One thing Iíd say about the result was - it wasnít unlucky or anything. We deserved to lose.

We allowed them to have big chances, including a 3v1 with only Jon joe Kenny in the box. Okay they got a lucky offside call, but 99 times out of 100 they score there so...

We also avoided a simple tap in when Keane managed to get a toe on a square ball across the box, and Pickford made a good save.

The good thing is we made a few chances, but they have elite passers of the ball and whenever they wanted to they made very good scoring chances. We were comfortably beaten, it just wasnít as much of a bumming as I was expecting.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2018, 04:58:16 PM
Reply #9

sam of the south

One thing Iíd say about the result was - it wasnít unlucky or anything. We deserved to lose.

We allowed them to have big chances, including a 3v1 with only Jon joe Kenny in the box. Okay they got a lucky offside call, but 99 times out of 100 they score there so...

We also avoided a simple tap in when Keane managed to get a toe on a square ball across the box, and Pickford made a good save.

The good thing is we made a few chances, but they have elite passers of the ball and whenever they wanted to they made very good scoring chances. We were comfortably beaten, it just wasnít as much of a bumming as I was expecting.

But do you think one of the reasons they had those big chances is because they have elite passers that manufactured those situations against a rookie right-back, and two cbís finding fitness that also havenít played together before?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 24, 2018, 05:03:14 PM
Reply #10

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
But do you think one of the reasons they had those big chances is because they have elite passers that manufactured those situations against a rookie right-back, and two cbís finding fitness that also havenít played together before?

Yes, but I donít see what your point is.

All I mean is, itís not like we were robbed here, they will look back on it as a nice afternoonís work. We made a few chances and we should be happy, but the contrast in quality was still stark.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 24, 2018, 05:19:02 PM
Reply #11

sam of the south

Yes, but I donít see what your point is.

All I mean is, itís not like we were robbed here, they will look back on it as a nice afternoonís work. We made a few chances and we should be happy, but the contrast in quality was still stark.

My point is I didnít get to see the game, so I was just asking if you thought we gifted those chances due to inherent flaws in Silvaís system, or if it was a more palatable combination of our players deficiencies and their players qualities? 

September 24, 2018, 05:41:38 PM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
My point is I didnít get to see the game, so I was just asking if you thought we gifted those chances due to inherent flaws in Silvaís system, or if it was a more palatable combination of our players deficiencies and their players qualities? 

Swap lacazzete for DCL and we win that game.

Through the 3rds we were the better team up until 1-0.

Positives to be taken from that performance.

September 24, 2018, 05:43:18 PM
Reply #13

sam of the south

Thank you, mate, thatís what I hoped to hear

September 24, 2018, 05:44:10 PM
Reply #14

sam of the south

Was Sigurdsson still largely anonymous, though?