November 15, 2018, 04:39:25 AM

Author Topic: What striker do we go for?  (Read 7413 times)

September 28, 2018, 03:26:05 PM
Reply #90

Macca77

I know where were going if we sack Silva now pal  ;)

Couldn't afford me

September 29, 2018, 02:44:05 AM
Reply #91

stirlingblue

The one thing that we absolutely must avoid is some sort of slow striker, pace puts so much fear into centre backs

September 29, 2018, 02:52:51 AM
Reply #92

Morta75

Sadly I think there are two chances of us signing Werner; slim and none. As soon as he is made available, we will be at the back of the queue.
I agree that the chances are slim. But it's all about the money. Big wages and a real plan could tempt anybody to come in my opinion, but first off all its all about the money... Moshri show me the money!

September 29, 2018, 01:52:24 PM
Reply #93

eyesalwaysblue

Can't knock Moshiri for putting the money up last window, especially after how much was mostly wasted pre Brands/Silva, fair play to him.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 29, 2018, 03:21:56 PM
Reply #94

Toffee1

The one thing that we absolutely must avoid is some sort of slow striker, pace puts so much fear into centre backs

If he could also be a striker who can defend from the front - the 'press game' that Silva likes will be more effective.

September 29, 2018, 04:02:56 PM
Reply #95

Mayor Farnum

Genoa signed a polish striker for 4.5mil in the summer who’s gone on to score 6 goals in 6 league games, as well as scoring four in a cup game.

May well be a flash in the pan , but all the talk is he’s going to be a very good striker.

Just goes to show the talent is out there if you look in the right places.

You need a longer track record than that. Remember when everyone thought we'd missed a trick with Manolo Gabbiadini.

September 29, 2018, 04:10:54 PM
Reply #96

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You need a longer track record than that. Remember when everyone thought we'd missed a trick with Manolo Gabbiadini.

Including Lukaku!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2018, 04:14:02 PM
Reply #97

Mayor Farnum

Including Lukaku!

Same Lukaku that had scored twenty odd goals for West Brom in the Premier League?

September 29, 2018, 04:14:50 PM
Reply #98

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Unless your names DCL.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

September 29, 2018, 04:20:56 PM
Reply #99

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Same Lukaku that had scored twenty odd goals for West Brom in the Premier League?

No I mean lukaku came out and made a comment about us not signing players who ‘right now are scoring in the premier league’ widely thought to be Manolo Gabbiadini
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:23:57 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2018, 04:22:25 PM
Reply #100

Mayor Farnum

No I mean lukaku came out and made a comment about us not signing players who ‘right now are scoring in the premier league’ widely thought to be Manila Gabbiadini

Oh sorry. Didn't see that quote.

September 30, 2018, 06:58:26 PM
Reply #101

Tony Clifton

September 30, 2018, 07:04:49 PM
Reply #102

Toddacelli

Jolson Lescott suggesting Troy Deeney as Lukaku replacement...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/troy-deeney-could-romelu-lukaku-15216036

It's obvious, isn't it? They're practically the same player.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

September 30, 2018, 07:06:21 PM
Reply #103

Tony Clifton

September 30, 2018, 07:17:34 PM
Reply #104

Bluedylan

I don't think we should buy him for a second, but I do think Deeney is a good, underrated player who doesn't get the credit he deserves.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.