October 18, 2019, 04:30:33 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Fulham - Saturday 3pm KO  (Read 12851 times)

September 30, 2018, 08:10:20 PM
Reply #420

benny

Only Fulham though innit
                if they hadn`t been so shit at shooting they could have been 0-3 up by half time  :whistle:

September 30, 2018, 08:53:39 PM
Reply #421

Simon Paul

Administrator
                if they hadn`t been so shit at shooting they could have been 0-3 up by half time  :whistle:
Yeah but they are. That was a game we all expected us to win and we did. Other than the second 45 minutes there's not a lot to talk about.

September 30, 2018, 09:07:11 PM
Reply #422

Mayor Farnum

Only Fulham though innit

If we'd beaten all the "only" teams over the last twenty-five years we wouldn't have gone through so many managers and would have had a solid platform to build from.
Something clever written by someone else.

September 30, 2018, 09:16:23 PM
Reply #423

eyesalwaysblue

No they only had 1 chance the whole game! Top teams don't look at negatives at all when they win, it just isn't the way to improve, everything is Pukka..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 30, 2018, 09:38:01 PM
Reply #424

Waltzer

They only had one clear cut chance. Couple of good situations they wasted with Schurrle and Vietto as well, but beyond that, we completely snuffed them out.

This isn't a pop at you personally but I think there's one thing that some people fail to understand. Teams create chances against everyone. City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc all get numerous chances made against them in every game. It's risk reward. If you play attacking football, you are going to leave yourself vulnerable at times. Every team in the league has players who can hurt you, given time and/or space, and you can't avoid that, no matter how well you play. The trick is to minimise the number and quality of them.

We didn't create much first half, but over the whole game we controlled and dominated Fulham and gave them very little to work with. Mitrovic was anonymous, having dominated other teams.
That's fair enough, but which was their only clear cut chance the 1 where they hit the bar or the 1 on 1 with pickford?
I agree teams will always create chances, you just don't see them cut open as much as us. The number of times we've had 3 or 4 against 1 in the previous 3 games is scary

September 30, 2018, 09:57:54 PM
Reply #425

eyesalwaysblue

Silva's building from the front, who's to say he's wrong as long as it all gets done in the end.
I still despise Clive Thomas..