October 20, 2019, 09:54:25 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Fulham - Saturday 3pm KO  (Read 12914 times)

September 30, 2018, 03:13:21 AM
Reply #390

Moshdosh5

Keane looks more comfortable playing as the right sided centre back, like he was at Burnley. still has his moments, but much improved.

September 30, 2018, 04:22:15 AM
Reply #391

Waltzer

I don't think the first half was as bad as some are making out. I think we worked hard and created a few decent chances in the first 25.

Unfortunately the longer we went without creating the more the team and the fans got nervous...then we started to try and force it and pressed in a more frantic and disjointed way...creating holes they exploited.

Second half was much better, but I didn't get the booing at half time.
Thought it was similar to the west ham game, we didn't play well, especially in the first half and if they took their chances it would've been different. The amount of times they had 3 or 4 against 1 is worrying and if we carry on like that were gonna get a serious hiding sooner or later.

September 30, 2018, 05:35:54 AM
Reply #392

eyesalwaysblue

Coleman was pretty much universally wanted as captain going into this season, though. Hopefully he has another few seasons left in him, but it's definitely encouraging that Kenny is becoming a more reliable deputy.
Good to see Kenny get rewards second half after a rough ride in the 1st, he may be needed a lot this season, Coleman will come back ok hopefully but at least we've got a back up in Kenny if he dosen't like you say.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 30, 2018, 06:50:06 AM
Reply #393

stirlingblue

Mad to see people saying Sigurdsson doesn’t contribute from open play, after a game in which he scored two from open play!

Sig’s biggest problem this season for me is that he’s playing too far forward and too close to the striker.

September 30, 2018, 08:54:50 AM
Reply #394

Mac934

Vastly improved second half. Good to see they kept their heads up after the penalty miss.                  Note to Marco... More corner kick practise required.

September 30, 2018, 11:24:26 AM
Reply #395

Bluedylan

The corners were good. It's just a lottery whether you get on the end of them or not, but they were pretty much all well delivered into dangerous areas.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

September 30, 2018, 12:47:46 PM
Reply #396

Ramjam

Marco gets a big tick for his half time team talk, whatever he had to say got the required response from the off in the second half, he'll do well for us.
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

September 30, 2018, 01:07:42 PM
Reply #397

eugene

So, do we think Sigurdsson has to be our #10 now after his brace today?

Or could he do a job as #8 alongside maybe Bernard in the #10?

Or would you prefer Bernard to stay as a super sub, or come into the starting eleven on the left-wing, with Richarlison moving inside to CF?

Or do you think Tosun will turn it around now with his goal?

Was DCL a bit poo again, continuing to exhibit the touch of a rapist?

And is Digne our undisputed LB now?

And is Kenny making a strong claim as our starting RB, or does Coleman come straight back in once fully fit?

And has Keane really turned a corner?
Yes we’ve got competition for positions at long last

September 30, 2018, 01:14:02 PM
Reply #398

eugene

Coleman is miles better than Kenny, think it's mad anyone could think otherwise.
Lost some form this season prior to injury tho mate

September 30, 2018, 02:54:01 PM
Reply #399

Mac934

The corners were good. It's just a lottery whether you get on the end of them or not, but they were pretty much all well delivered into dangerous areas.
I agree, much better delivery. I don't recall one hitting the first man. Just need better end product. Imagine if Mina had been on the end of some of them.

September 30, 2018, 02:57:24 PM
Reply #400

eyesalwaysblue

We have to work on shape/positioning when we don't have the ball, we still gave acres to a poor side in midfield and the back, that would have been punished by a lot of teams yesterday, this side of us has to be tackled for us to progress, good going forward 2nd half though and nice to get 3 points.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 30, 2018, 03:02:25 PM
Reply #401

Mac934

Yes we’ve got competition for positions at long last
Yes
              No
              Not sure
              Yes
              Yes
              Yes
              Coleman
              Yes, hopefully

September 30, 2018, 03:45:07 PM
Reply #402

gizzblue

Good to see your still watching the games  :thumbsup:
Born not made a blue .

September 30, 2018, 04:04:27 PM
Reply #403

Martip

Mad to see people saying Sigurdsson doesn’t contribute from open play, after a game in which he scored two from open play!

Sig’s biggest problem this season for me is that he’s playing too far forward and too close to the striker.
I wonder if that's because he's conscious of our strikers having been so ineffective so trying to step up

September 30, 2018, 04:21:03 PM
Reply #404

Bluedylan

Good to see your still watching the games  :thumbsup:

Yeah course. Just blowing off steam.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.