November 19, 2018, 10:56:35 AM

Author Topic: To Tap Or Not To Tap  (Read 1475 times)

September 29, 2018, 01:15:32 AM
Read 1475 times

BlueForYou

Head of Academy Recruitment Martin Waldron suspended for tapping up Cardiff City schoolboy a couple of years ago

An academy transfer ban on the cards

Quote, Brian Clough "We tapped more than the severn-trent water board"
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

September 29, 2018, 01:42:28 AM
Reply #1

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Canít believe weíre out here about to catch a ban for tapping up talented school kids and none of the fuckers ever make it out the reserves anyway.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

September 29, 2018, 04:12:44 PM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Canít believe weíre out here about to catch a ban for tapping up talented school kids and none of the fuckers ever make it out the reserves anyway.

No but once a season they do a lap of Goodison with a trophy twice their size won in some tournament that included the likes of Barcelona and Bayern. Maybe we should branch out our tapping up operation to include players over the age of 21.

September 29, 2018, 04:41:09 PM
Reply #3

KoemansNumberTens

No but once a season they do a lap of Goodison with a trophy twice their size won in some tournament that included the likes of Barcelona and Bayern. Maybe we should branch out our tapping up operation to include players over the age of 21.

We do seem to create very good under age teams but no very good premier league players. We seem to produce lots footballers but not really many that would improve us

September 29, 2018, 05:18:20 PM
Reply #4

BlueBeagle

We seem to produce lots footballers but not really many that would improve us

Same at every club in the land, hence the lack of quality young English players.

September 29, 2018, 05:31:32 PM
Reply #5

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It won't exactly affect us then, will it? Who gives a shit.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

September 29, 2018, 05:42:54 PM
Reply #6

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Bit grim if we canít sign academy players tbh.

Also, Iím sure atletico got a transfer ban across the board for the same thing?

September 29, 2018, 05:58:53 PM
Reply #7

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Any ban wouldn't be for long. A year or so. Don't think it would make much difference in the grand scheme of things. Especially as very few are making it through our academy right now.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

September 29, 2018, 07:15:35 PM
Reply #8

KoemansNumberTens

No the bans in Spain were for bringing young foreign players in. You can only recruit within a certain distance under a certain age

September 29, 2018, 08:16:02 PM
Reply #9

eyesalwaysblue

We do what everyone else does but we seem to get caught lately.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 29, 2018, 08:25:46 PM
Reply #10

Jamokachi

What an odd viewpoint. I'm disappointed in the club if this is the case, I expect better.

September 29, 2018, 08:45:49 PM
Reply #11

eyesalwaysblue

What an odd viewpoint. I'm disappointed in the club if this is the case, I expect better.
Better by not doing it or better not get caught?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 29, 2018, 08:56:00 PM
Reply #12

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Gotta push things to the limits. If other clubs do it, do it too.

But given our lack of success in bringing top quality kids through to the first team in this manner it's not a biggie in the grand scheme of things.

September 29, 2018, 09:53:07 PM
Reply #13

Jamokachi

Gotta push things to the limits. If other clubs do it, do it too.

But given our lack of success in bringing top quality kids through to the first team in this manner it's not a biggie in the grand scheme of things.

Seems we've gone further than "pushing to the limits". Also, we have an excellent record of developing academy prospects, one of the best in the league.

September 29, 2018, 10:22:04 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Seems we've gone further than "pushing to the limits". Also, we have an excellent record of developing academy prospects, one of the best in the league.

Local kids who have come through the academy we do have a decent record in. Trying to think of any that we have bought or obtained from other clubs that have come through to be successful with us. Holgate is one I can think of. Garbutt another but the less said about him the better.