November 21, 2018, 04:19:21 AM

Author Topic: Fans  (Read 2990 times)

October 19, 2018, 06:35:38 PM
Reply #30

Alanvideo

Think itís an intrinsic culture issue.

Worth trying stuff deffo, and an area dedicated to Ďultrasí would help, and yeah as jamo says get the ale back, let people stand up, swerve kids in the gwladys, swerve complaints about swearing or OTT stewards and yeah youíd probably be on your way.

I once got admonished by some posh twat sat behind my in the main stand because I was sat on the top of my seat during the warm up.

Game hasnít even started, just having a scouse pie on the top of my seat and she tapped me on the shoulder and told me off. When I ignored her her fella got involved and started telling me off.

One of my great regrets in life is that I didnít slap my scouse pie right in both of their faces the fucking idiots.
...................I'm in MS3  and just about everybody stands up or sits on the seat-back till actual kick-off ,never been a problem. Same at half-time .
We are special ,we are Everton.

October 19, 2018, 06:43:57 PM
Reply #31

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
...................I'm in MS3  and just about everybody stands up or sits on the seat-back till actual kick-off ,never been a problem. Same at half-time .

Ah, well if it didn't happen immediately in front of you then @brap2 is almost certainly lying for no reason.

Like all those people that lie and say the fans give our own players stick sometimes.

October 19, 2018, 06:47:21 PM
Reply #32

Jamokachi

Such a Goodison apologist.

October 19, 2018, 07:02:51 PM
Reply #33

Alanvideo

Ah, well if it didn't happen immediately in front of you then @brap2 is almost certainly lying for no reason.

Like all those people that lie and say the fans give our own players stick sometimes.

Such a Goodison apologist.
...............I'm slightly baffled at your replies.
I only commented because I was surprised anyone would make an issue of standing before the game starts.

October 19, 2018, 07:04:28 PM
Reply #34

Jamokachi

...............I'm slightly baffled at your replies.
I only commented because I was surprised anyone would make an issue of standing before the game starts.

Anytime anyone mentions booing, or abuse, or racism or anything negative you're one of the first to respond with "it doesn't happen near me". It's an ostrich approach.

October 19, 2018, 07:30:10 PM
Reply #35

Alanvideo

Anytime anyone mentions booing, or abuse, or racism or anything negative you're one of the first to respond with "it doesn't happen near me". It's an ostrich approach.
..................don't think I've commented on racism but no I never hear any booing near me . I didn't say it doesn't happen at Goodison.  I'm pretty sure though I would rebuke anyone who booed ,especially if they were standing up in front of me. 

October 19, 2018, 07:34:04 PM
Reply #36

Jamokachi

..................don't think I've commented on racism but no I never hear any booing near me . I didn't say it doesn't happen at Goodison.  I'm pretty sure though I would rebuke anyone who booed ,especially if they were standing up in front of me. 

I guess it's just that every time you say it doesn't happen near you it comes across as though you're disagreeing with the claim. I'm not suggesting that's your intention, but that's how it reads.

October 19, 2018, 07:38:15 PM
Reply #37

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah same, it was in my old season ticket with my ahl fella. Had it for years but for whatever reason on that game there was a couple of tits behind us.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 19, 2018, 07:51:23 PM
Reply #38

Mouse

Thereís nothing I love more than a fucking narky Goodison, and when that period of sustained narkiness ends in a goal tell you what thereís nothing like it.

Donít think Iíd be up for 90 minute drums and choreographed singing etc.
This, always. Love that moment when you can just feel the whole stadium click together. Pure passion with a hint of anger and outrage (throw in floodlights and it's Nirvana). I've got nothing against singing sections, not my thing, but we all have our own ways of enjoying the game. What I don't particularly get is singing and flag waving that doesn't reflect what's happening on the pitch.

October 19, 2018, 10:19:15 PM
Reply #39

Evertonian in NC

Pyromania is an impulsive desire to set fires

Should light up the atmosphere

As the Dead Milkmen say, if you love somebody, set them on fire!

"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 19, 2018, 10:27:24 PM
Reply #40

mikey_blue

As a kid, my mum had my uncle (who was a fireman) have a word with me about my uncontrollable urge to set fires, and the untold damage that I could cause. The stories he told me made the hairs on my neck stand up.

I'm all for pyros. Just don't tell me ma.

October 19, 2018, 10:31:52 PM
Reply #41

Simon Paul

Administrator
Pyros are sound as long as its not after a late equaliser against Fulham or someone

October 21, 2018, 05:38:31 AM
Reply #42

Mayor Farnum

I don't agree with the notion that flags and banners constitute kopite behaviour. After all, there are not many other objects you can take into the confined space of a football crowd. We wouldn't be copying, just making use of the limited tools at our disposal.

Singing is always good and should never be discouraged but if it's in a designated area and simply continues whatever course the match is taking it is bound to lose some impact.

We all agree that if the team is positive and performing the atmosphere takes care of itself. Rather that try to replicate this atmosphere throughout (which I think is probably impossible) we should be concentrating on creating a more positive atmosphere when the match is at a lull. We should strive to keep the moans and groans to a minimum, be more aware of how, when the crowd is quiet, those groans are amplified to the general detriment of the team's confidence.

We need to be more aware of the difference we can individually make to the atmosphere by being a lot more patient and not try to show those fans around us that we are better supporters because we are the first to get upset.

If we are more positive, more forgiving of small mistakes the underlying atmosphere will improve, and from my point of view it's always been the underlying atmosphere that has let us down.

October 21, 2018, 05:48:44 AM
Reply #43

Shogun

Administrator

Goal disallowed (not shown in this clip)
3rd choice keeper sent off
Another goal disallowed

and then a Beattie goal that we basically defended for an hour.

Glorious stuff

How the fuck has McFadden missed that
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 21, 2018, 02:42:30 PM
Reply #44

Simon Paul

Administrator
How the fuck has McFadden missed that

Because McFadden.