March 21, 2019, 03:29:54 PM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 50993 times)

January 02, 2019, 04:04:55 PM
Reply #195

stirlingblue

I got loads of stick on here after Gomes' first few games when I said I wasn't sure what he brings to the team.

He's obviously very technically gifted and looks great on the eye but doesn't actually achieve that much.

Defensively he's lax, I'd say that the much maligned Schniederlin is better than him in that department. Offensively he's good at dribbling out of pressure but as good as his passes may look, they're mostly just into the feet of the fullbacks and don't create anything.

There was a stats article doing the rounds last year showing that although he has good pass accuracy, he has a tiny amount of key and forward passes. Even in his best season at Valencia he only got three assists.

I really hope that we don't blow big money on him, as we need somebody more creative in that role if we're going to stick with 4-2-3-1.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 04:10:31 PM by stirlingblue »

January 02, 2019, 04:49:14 PM
Reply #196

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think it would be sound if we just fucked Gylfi off and had another box to box the other side of Gana.

When they press Gomes it takes him, Gana and Gylfi all out the game at once. Not that it takes much to take Gylfi out the game like.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2019, 07:04:52 PM
Reply #197

Hawkandro

Wolves have had an 18m bid for Tammy Abraham accepted apparently.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 02, 2019, 07:09:38 PM
Reply #198

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wolves have had an 18m bid for Tammy Abraham accepted apparently.

For that price we should 100% match it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2019, 07:14:57 PM
Reply #199

Juanito

Gomes was the best player on the park in the derby and is not used to playing so much football. With a rest, he will be the best player on the park in most matches we play this season.

I do hope we sign a striker and a right back this window but seems unlikely.

January 02, 2019, 07:24:18 PM
Reply #200

Waltzer

For that price we should 100% match it.

Why? His record in the top flight is 5 goals in 31 appearances albeit mainly for Swansea, thats about the same as DCL. Granted hes done well in the Championship but so have many other players that have failed to deliver in the Premiership.

January 02, 2019, 07:40:36 PM
Reply #201

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, let wolves have him.

We need someone with a proven record.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 02, 2019, 07:52:49 PM
Reply #202

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Dont think well get a proven prem goal scorer to be honest, have to wait and see what brands has planned. Doubt well be going for Theo Walcott style proven players.

January 02, 2019, 07:54:49 PM
Reply #203

BlueBeagle

Very little between DCL and Abraham for me.

Brings no real improvement on what's already here.

January 02, 2019, 08:13:48 PM
Reply #204

KoemansNumberTens

Im very sceptical DCL would have much of a goal scoring record in the championship. At 18m Abraham is worth a punt and wed get most of it back from a championship club if he failed anyway

January 02, 2019, 08:22:45 PM
Reply #205

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Dont think well get a proven prem goal scorer to be honest, have to wait and see what brands has planned. Doubt well be going for Theo Walcott style proven players.

Id like to think whoever we get to eventually lead the line theyll be better than Tammy Abrahams.

January 02, 2019, 08:23:31 PM
Reply #206

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Im very sceptical DCL would have much of a goal scoring record in the championship. At 18m Abraham is worth a punt and wed get most of it back from a championship club if he failed anyway

Id also like to think the phrase worth a punt never gets mentioned in the scouting room.

January 02, 2019, 08:32:19 PM
Reply #207

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Id like to think whoever we get to eventually lead the line theyll be better than Tammy Abrahams.

Aye maybe, hope so anyway.

For 18m hed be a solid investment but Im not married to the idea like. Ive only watched him once as well so he might be a shite player I really dunno.

I think theres something in the Jean Kevin Augustin / Lookman deal.

January 02, 2019, 09:05:31 PM
Reply #208

D15TIN

Abraham isn't good enough, calvert-lewin probably as good if not better, and he's shit.

January 02, 2019, 09:27:24 PM
Reply #209

D15TIN

I think there’s something in the Jean Kevin Augustin / Lookman deal.

So do I, lookman situations a strange one - I don't even think he's injured