October 19, 2019, 06:49:49 PM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 57799 times)

January 06, 2019, 11:51:58 PM
Reply #390

Bluedylan

Solanke’s a good player. Good signing for Bournemouth imo.

Some of our fans can never honestly appraise, or give any credit to, anything associated with Liverpool.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 06, 2019, 11:55:45 PM
Reply #391

Martip

Some of our fans can never honestly appraise, or give any credit to, anything associated with Liverpool.
Salah is half decent I suppose.

January 07, 2019, 12:00:21 AM
Reply #392

School of Science

Only going off what I've seen and that's not enough, because the fella hardly plays. Saying that when Harry Kane played for the England U 21's , I used to think he was crap and a greedy, selfish little shit  :blush: So it shows you what I know.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 07, 2019, 12:09:45 AM
Reply #393

Cozzie

Wasn't Solanke only signed so Liverpool could hit the quota of home grown players or something?

Could be wrong there.

Nothing to do with the fact he is from the shite or played for them just reckon DCL has more to his game.

January 07, 2019, 12:14:24 AM
Reply #394

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
No he wouldn't, not with their front three, but there is a lot more to DCL's game in my opinion than Solanke's. For one he is far pacifier and two more mobile.
Honestly who would you have out of the two ?

To score goals? Solanke
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 07, 2019, 12:40:52 AM
Reply #395

School of Science

To score goals? Solanke

Really ? How many has he scored then, thought DCL had scored more myself and for the under 21s as well.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 07, 2019, 12:44:50 AM
Reply #396

Macca77

Another thread turned into a DCL debate ffs

January 07, 2019, 12:45:03 AM
Reply #397

Makis

Salah is half decent I suppose.
That Dutch fella they have in defense isn't bad either.

January 07, 2019, 01:01:24 AM
Reply #398

Alanvideo

................slightly off topic but  have you upset the Guardian mods ? I got kicked off months ago . :whistle:
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 07, 2019, 01:17:44 AM
Reply #399

Bluedylan

................slightly off topic but  have you upset the Guardian mods ? I got kicked off months ago . :whistle:

No. Just pointed out yesterday that the writer of the Everton match report is a Liverpool obsessive, and that it came through strongly in his writing, and they modded the comment.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 07, 2019, 01:40:55 AM
Reply #400

Juanito

Oh, personal insults because of a difference of opinion. Well done, kid.

Time will tell.

I also think Salanke looks better than DCL. DCL doesn’t seem even able to run with the ball and his finishing has at times been almost Stuart Barlow like. I hope he improves but I also hope we are not relying on him for the rest of the season. Another player than needs to go on loan.

January 07, 2019, 02:02:41 AM
Reply #401

Shogun

Administrator
5 starts and 16 subs for Solanke in the PL last year. 1 Goal and 1 Assist.

Absolutely no doubt DCL would better than in that Liverpool side.

January 07, 2019, 02:14:29 AM
Reply #402

sam of the south

No. Just pointed out yesterday that the writer of the Everton match report is a Liverpool obsessive, and that it came through strongly in his writing, and they modded the comment.

Keep on fighting the good fight, brother 👊🏼
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 07, 2019, 03:16:27 AM
Reply #403

Nicco

I also think Salanke looks better than DCL.

No way!
Just looked at pictures and compared them two guys.
DCL is looking way way better! No room for  discussion!

Sent from my FRD-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Jönköpings Södra IF

January 07, 2019, 03:19:19 AM
Reply #404

Lxxx

No one really has any idea if Solanke is better than DCL because no-one’s seen enough of him. It’s a punt of a signing based on hope as much as anything.