October 22, 2019, 10:58:15 PM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 57903 times)

January 12, 2019, 11:46:52 PM
Reply #465

KoemansNumberTens

Still think its a massive mistake not to be starting Tosan. DCL is shite and wed carry much more of a threat with a target man and richarlison being in his rightly position on the wing

January 13, 2019, 12:57:02 AM
Reply #466

Waltzer

Still think it's a massive mistake not to be starting Tosan. DCL is shite and we'd carry much more of a threat with a target man and richarlison being in his rightly position on the wing
I agree, Tosun ain't great but he's better than DCL. Apart from the fact DCL runs a lot I genuinely struggle to see what he offers, we might as well sign Mo Farah if that's all we want

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 13, 2019, 01:03:02 AM
Reply #467

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah DCL has never done a tap 🙄

January 13, 2019, 01:33:19 AM
Reply #468

Lxxx

Spellcheck?

Haha. Even Apple is guilty of a Freudian slip.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 01:35:23 AM by Lxxx »

January 13, 2019, 02:15:28 AM
Reply #469

kramer0

We have no territorial control over matches when Tosun starts. He's not quick enough to trouble defenders chasing balls into the channels, he's not strong enough in the air to win enough headers for us to play off of, and he takes up a lot of the same (bad) positions as Sigurdsson.

There's a reason he's barely started since the beginning of the season. Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison have major shortcomings as CFs but the way they harass defenders and chase lost causes at least earns us some opportunities in the final third. Tosun, on the other hand, is a passenger.

Playing a 4-2-4 with Sigurdsson and Tosun in the team is like playing a 4-2-2 (with the ball, at least). Everyone else has to do a ton of heavy lifting to get them on the ball in the crap positions they take up and we've seen over and over that we don't have the players to make that work.

January 13, 2019, 04:05:43 AM
Reply #470

bigmanbob

Amen brother Kramer

January 13, 2019, 07:02:55 PM
Reply #471

irishtoffee

We have no territorial control over matches when Tosun starts. He's not quick enough to trouble defenders chasing balls into the channels, he's not strong enough in the air to win enough headers for us to play off of, and he takes up a lot of the same (bad) positions as Sigurdsson.

There's a reason he's barely started since the beginning of the season. Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison have major shortcomings as CFs but the way they harass defenders and chase lost causes at least earns us some opportunities in the final third. Tosun, on the other hand, is a passenger.

Playing a 4-2-4 with Sigurdsson and Tosun in the team is like playing a 4-2-2 (with the ball, at least). Everyone else has to do a ton of heavy lifting to get them on the ball in the crap positions they take up and we've seen over and over that we don't have the players to make that work.
I'm not overly worried about territorial control as far as a striker is concerned. I'd like a striker to score goals rather than a striker who is playing for his ability to harass a defender. If dcl and tosun were given equal starting minutes I'd back cenk to out score dcl every season. Richarlison's best threat for me is not as a center forward so out of the other options we have I'd go cenk.

January 13, 2019, 07:18:09 PM
Reply #472

stirlingblue

I'm not overly worried about territorial control as far as a striker is concerned. I'd like a striker to score goals rather than a striker who is playing for his ability to harass a defender. If dcl and tosun were given equal starting minutes I'd back cenk to out score dcl every season. Richarlison's best threat for me is not as a center forward so out of the other options we have I'd go cenk.

But the point is that you need territorial control for the team to play well and create chances for the striker.

Football has moved beyond looking at players in isolation, theres no point Cenk scoring 10 goals a season at the cost of the teams strategy

January 13, 2019, 07:20:42 PM
Reply #473

Lxxx

The fact we're debating whether we'd be better off with Tosun or DCL shows how bad our options are up top. 

January 13, 2019, 11:49:34 PM
Reply #474

TheTone

Centre midfield is a bigger issue than a striker for me

January 13, 2019, 11:55:54 PM
Reply #475

Cozzie

This.

We need an absolute twat in the middle.

Sick of being bullied.

January 14, 2019, 12:00:40 AM
Reply #476

Dr. Sponge

I disagree, a handy striker is our number 1 priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 14, 2019, 12:52:45 AM
Reply #477

sam of the south

I think they are both pretty glaring
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

January 14, 2019, 03:44:24 AM
Reply #478

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Couple of Poles ive spoken to today seem to reckon a young Polish lad who plays for Genoa is the next Ronaldo. Sign him up
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 03:56:05 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 14, 2019, 04:32:57 AM
Reply #479

irishtoffee

Couple of Poles ive spoken to today seem to reckon a young Polish lad who plays for Genoa is the next Ronaldo. Sign him up
Piatek. He's being banging them in this year alright. First year in a top league but his value has shot up already