October 23, 2019, 05:26:09 PM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 57943 times)

January 18, 2019, 12:23:05 AM
Reply #540

Hawkandro

Guiseppe Rossi is without a club, on a free for 6 months anybody?

Nah, knees made of biscuits.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 18, 2019, 12:34:32 AM
Reply #541

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
What is so repulsive about the idea of Calvert-Lewin being our centre forward?

Yeah, his numbers are boosted some by sub effects, but he has a better goals/minutes ratio than everyone at the club not named Richarlison (and it's close between the two of them) for a side that provides next to nothing in terms of service to its strikers. And that's giving Gylfi credit for penalties, which he doesn't really deserve because anyone can score a penalty (Calvert-Lewin included).

Unless someone with obvious quality (and value beyond the next year or two) becomes available for a good price, we don't need to bother adding a CF. We can just develop the guy we already have, who's actually pretty good and could get much better.

What we really need is a midfield. I'd entertain short-term options in that position because the balance in there is totally fucked and it's really holding us back.

If everyone just accepted the ups and downs that would be fine.

But with a support meltdown never more than a terrible 45 mins away, thatís a lot of pressure for the player and a manager to keep sticking at it.

January 18, 2019, 12:42:10 AM
Reply #542

American Evertonian

Nah, knees made of biscuits.

I do like biscuits though
Are we there yet?

January 18, 2019, 02:32:31 AM
Reply #543

Juanito

Yeah, his numbers are boosted some by sub effects, but he has a better goals/minutes ratio than everyone at the club not named Richarlison (and it's close between the two of them) for a side that provides next to nothing in terms of service to its strikers. And that's giving Gylfi credit for penalties, which he doesn't really deserve because anyone can score a penalty (Calvert-Lewin included).

Unless someone with obvious quality (and value beyond the next year or two) becomes available for a good price, we don't need to bother adding a CF. We can just develop the guy we already have, who's actually pretty good and could get much better.

What we really need is a midfield. I'd entertain short-term options in that position because the balance in there is totally fucked and it's really holding us back.

Iím warming to the idea if he improves the way he holds the ball up.

January 18, 2019, 02:58:22 AM
Reply #545

mikey_blue

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1073879/Everton-transfer-news-Idrissa-Gueye-Abdoulaye-Doucoure-Marco-Silva

I donít think Doucoure would come here. He said last year that he doesnít see us as much of an improvement on Watford. Heíll hold out for top 6 or a CL team abroad.

January 18, 2019, 03:05:16 AM
Reply #546

Martip

January 18, 2019, 03:09:15 AM
Reply #547

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think he could potentially go to a CL club. Wouldnít want to spend £40m on him to be honest I think there would be better available for less.

That said, I do actually think heís pretty good and could see us being interested. Could also see him going somewhere better and being better and proving me wrong tbh.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 18, 2019, 03:30:41 AM
Reply #548

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I donít think Doucoure would come here. He said last year that he doesnít see us as much of an improvement on Watford. Heíll hold out for top 6 or a CL team abroad.

Wasnít that proven to be false?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 18, 2019, 03:36:08 AM
Reply #549

Sixx1402

I'd be happy with this, there is definitely a good all round CF in there if we can coax him out,

I'm sick of seeing us buy average players for big money and big wages in the desperate hope that a new average face will somehow make us better.

Get a shortlist of 4 or 5 for each position we're looking at, if none are available then don't buy anyone, simple.

Our transfer policy in recent seasons has been nothing short of pathetic  ::)
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 18, 2019, 03:39:24 AM
Reply #550

D15TIN

Doucoure really isn't that good

January 18, 2019, 03:48:58 AM
Reply #551

Cozzie

Wasnít that proven to be false?

A quote conjoured up by a bitter Watford fan over the whole Silva ordeal.

He never said anything close to that.

That being said I do think he is good enough for a  CL club, likely to be his next destination.

January 18, 2019, 03:52:19 AM
Reply #552

kramer0

I think Brands should back himself to find a better, less expensive option than Doucoure.

January 18, 2019, 07:12:39 AM
Reply #553

mikey_blue

A quote conjoured up by a bitter Watford fan over the whole Silva ordeal.

He never said anything close to that.

That being said I do think he is good enough for a  CL club, likely to be his next destination.

Ah right. ignore me, i'm fake news.

January 18, 2019, 11:51:51 AM
Reply #554

howard1334

When he starts, he is pretty ineffectual on a consistent basis.  I am warming to giving him some more game time, but you are overstating his case a bit.