March 26, 2019, 10:54:53 PM

Author Topic: January transfer window  (Read 51254 times)

January 24, 2019, 11:47:55 PM
Reply #645

kramer0

Our recruitment really was a perfect storm of bad age profiles and insane player valuations, all in service of some regressive ideas about how football should be played.

I think we're going to have to wait for a lot of bad contracts to expire before we can have "normal" windows where we can move quickly on players we like.

January 25, 2019, 12:28:07 AM
Reply #646

KoemansNumberTens

Our recruitment really was a perfect storm of bad age profiles and insane player valuations, all in service of some regressive ideas about how football should be played.

I think we're going to have to wait for a lot of bad contracts to expire before we can have "normal" windows where we can move quickly on players we like.

Been some ridiculous signings. Truly inept.

January 25, 2019, 12:51:07 AM
Reply #647

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber

Aye. The contracts some of the fuckers are on is going to make it hard to shift them.
Problem is some of them are that bad you couldn’t get rid of them at a car boot sale

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 25, 2019, 04:57:39 PM
Reply #648

Macca77

Sky Sports desperately trying to keep people interested in this transfer window is painful to watch, nobody is doing any business at all and yet they keep harping on about who needs what, who's spent the most etc...deadline day will be a complete non event next week.

January 25, 2019, 06:10:19 PM
Reply #649

sirblue57

Cue " greatest transfer deadline days" on sky sports 2, showing all the great transfers and almost transfers
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 25, 2019, 06:11:45 PM
Reply #650

BlueBeagle

Sky Sports desperately trying to keep people interested in this transfer window is painful to watch, nobody is doing any business at all and yet they keep harping on about who needs what, who's spent the most etc...deadline day will be a complete non event next week.

Jan deadline day has been a non-event for a few years now.

Made up tbh, the whole Sky sensationalism over it is a joke.

January 25, 2019, 06:17:17 PM
Reply #651

Alanvideo

Jan deadline day has been a non-event for a few years now.

Made up tbh, the whole Sky sensationalism over it is a joke.
............that presenter Rob Wotton is even more annoying than Jim White  :Sick:
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 25, 2019, 06:44:21 PM
Reply #652

TheTone

............that presenter Rob Wotton is even more annoying than Jim White  :Sick:

Looks and sounds a massive wanker

Drives me mad the way he interviews someone and keeps looking at the camera instead of who he's actually talking to, there's another guy on there who does the same and gets really enthusiastic about virtually everything, annoying cunts, the women presenters are great imo

January 25, 2019, 06:57:52 PM
Reply #653

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Aye. The contracts some of the fuckers are on is going to make it hard to shift them.
Problem is some of them are that bad you couldn’t get rid of them at a car boot sale

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

Even if we did sell them, if they sign a contract with another club that pays them less in wages, we are the mugs who have to continue paying the difference until their contract with us would have naturally run out.

We genuinely have to just batten down the hatches and grind out a top 8 finish this & next season before we can stand up, have a look around and see how everything stands with the rest of the league.

Bit of a metaphor for a no deal Brexit really.

January 25, 2019, 07:17:11 PM
Reply #654

toffee_scot

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-not-buying-january-transfer-15730981

Unbelievable, amazing how irresponsible some individuals have been at the club.

Not surprised in the least about lack of money. Good luck to Brands in the summer to try and offload many of these players

January 25, 2019, 07:20:48 PM
Reply #655

Bluenose 91

Kevin Mirallas on 75k a week for gods sake.

January 25, 2019, 07:25:55 PM
Reply #656

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro 120k a week lol
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 25, 2019, 07:32:28 PM
Reply #657

Waltzer

Sandro 120k a week lol

Wages are crazy, although from what ive just been reading Coleman seriously needs to think about getting a new agent, says hes 'only' on 38k, pretty much every other first teamer is on at least double that!!

January 25, 2019, 07:36:14 PM
Reply #658

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-not-buying-january-transfer-15730981

Unbelievable, amazing how irresponsible some individuals have been at the club.

Not surprised in the least about lack of money. Good luck to Brands in the summer to try and offload many of these players

That's out of order them putting that about Onyekuru at the top of the report.

January 25, 2019, 07:36:16 PM
Reply #659

Macca77

Moshiri has learnt a harsh lesson hasn't he. Hopefully the days of us throwing stupid money at average players are in the past now, probably why we have to get rid of a few players before we're able to strengthen