March 25, 2019, 05:51:23 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 7569 times)

January 01, 2019, 09:04:17 PM
Reply #405

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Can’t believe anyone came away from that with positives. Abject stuff from the top down.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:15:03 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 01, 2019, 09:05:23 PM
Reply #406

DanDan

NSNO Subscriber
Shocked to see so many praising Kenny. I thought he was very poor going forward today

January 01, 2019, 09:06:22 PM
Reply #407

Stumpy

DCL will leave us and never ever ever make it in the premiership, he is so ordinary its unbelievable anyone thinks any different

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I honestly believe if we made him available to go out on loan now(we won't)few if any premiership teams would touch him.Since he 1st appeared under koeman I've not rated him at all,just don't know what he brings to the team.It's always disappointing when young players fail to live up to expectations but we have to except that we will get nowhere while he leads the line.It's not just him,theres a few others that need a kick up the arse,but the biggest problem is we don't have a striker worthy of the name in the club.If it isn't addressed in this transfer window(even a stop gap brought in)then it's another nothing season just drifting away.

January 01, 2019, 09:07:12 PM
Reply #408

KoemansNumberTens

Yes we tried to play and win, and therefore give ourselves a chance of progressing higher up the league

If you're content with never being better than 7th and never even trying to better that, then we can go back to someone who pretty much sacrifices games against the top 6

We can pretend all we like but results against the top 6 and in general are worse.

We havenít been unlucky either. We didnít deserve to win against any of the top 6.

January 01, 2019, 09:07:24 PM
Reply #409

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Canít believe anyone came away from that with positives. Abject stuff Rom the top down.

I thought Kenny did OK and Gueye

January 01, 2019, 09:07:42 PM
Reply #410

indiantoffee1975

Key elements of a game from nearly all players are missing, passion, determination, drive and committment. I don't see these areas being evident for sometime amd whose responsibility is it to instill these?

January 01, 2019, 09:09:06 PM
Reply #411

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Shocked to see so many praising Kenny. I thought he was very poor going forward today

Yeah, I think the Kenny praise was not warranted. He was more mobile, but that was about it. I missed the first 20 minutes in fairness, so maybe he started well? I don't think he did particularly worse than Coleman has of late, so maybe he can build on it. We're clearly having issues in terms of who is in front of him too though.

January 01, 2019, 09:12:52 PM
Reply #412

Martip

Yes we tried to play and win, and therefore give ourselves a chance of progressing higher up the league

If you're content with never being better than 7th and never even trying to better that, then we can go back to someone who pretty much sacrifices games against the top 6
I don't think it's good enough to give anyone a free pass because there is some attacking intent. We need to be winning games against the dross and then building on that. That is the bread and butter.

Also we need to pick our battles and box smart rather than just playing the same each week- we all knew we d get fucked against spurs after seeing the team sheet etc. Silva has made some terrible mistakes at times which generally have been punished impacting confidence.

January 01, 2019, 09:14:36 PM
Reply #413

Bwana

the only positive from today was that i didnt pay to watch it

Because we were so bad, I'm actually demanding my money back. And I was streaming...
Well there may be no score, but there's certainly no lack of excitement here. As you can see, Nietzsche has just been booked for arguing with the referee. He accused Confucius of having no free will, and Confucius he say, "Name go in book". And this is Nietzsche's third booking in four games.

January 01, 2019, 09:17:12 PM
Reply #414

Gash

Global Moderator

I didn't think he was too bad but he certainly didn't do enough to stake a claim to the position.

January 01, 2019, 09:25:24 PM
Reply #415

Paddockoldie

Well, I think Silva has had enough time now and unless we put a good run together and snatch the prem from the Jaws of defeat and add a cup to the trophy cabinet we may as well sack him and all go home. Why oh why do we keep hiring managers who don't win anything in their first season... Typical Everton that. The fans are being cheated.

January 01, 2019, 09:29:52 PM
Reply #416

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I didn't think he was too bad but he certainly didn't do enough to stake a claim to the position.

Yeah he was ok.

Seems to get knackered after 75 mins (not just this game when heís been out for a bit) which is a concern in the modern role of an FB.

January 01, 2019, 09:31:29 PM
Reply #417

Mayor Farnum

Well, I think Silva has had enough time now and unless we put a good run together and snatch the prem from the Jaws of defeat and add a cup to the trophy cabinet we may as well sack him and all go home. Why oh why do we keep hiring managers who don't win anything in their first season... Typical Everton that. The fans are being cheated.

If you replace snatch the prem and add a cup with look at least half competent at home against poor teams with half our spend and less ambition you'll have a post on your hands!

January 01, 2019, 09:31:46 PM
Reply #418

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Iím taking this as a joke?

If so, yes.

I thought the summer narrative was a reset, as in canít be so short term and need to give everyone a chance?

As usual a few months in when itís not even confirmed that weíre not going to finish 7th and thereís mass moaning.

January 01, 2019, 09:32:15 PM
Reply #419

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Heís just obviously not good enough to be a prem full back, let alone Colemanís heir.

Not a priority but a gaping hole in a squad of gaping holes.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.