March 24, 2019, 04:49:30 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Leicester  (Read 7547 times)

January 02, 2019, 02:18:19 AM
Reply #450

gizzblue

He came with no real credentials, but we knew that he was a risk, one window wouldn't have been enough for any manager on the planet to undo Koemans maraude into the market, he's the one that cost us very dear.  Keeping Brands sweet is probably more important than the manager over the coming couple of seasons, we don't need as many players as we did but still a good few in vital areas, and just as important a good few to off hire, which has made Silvas job no easy task.

Exactly this .....people forget we went this time last year on our knees to fucking Allardyce ....poles apart .just after one window (still a mountain to climb) ...although the same negative outlook is still harboured by quite a few on here ....ffs we still own Miralas, Schneiderlin, Bolasie etc etc .
Born not made a blue .

January 02, 2019, 02:25:35 AM
Reply #451

eyesalwaysblue

Exactly this .....people forget we went this time last year on our knees to fucking Allardyce ....poles apart .just after one window (still a mountain to climb) ...although the same negative outlook is still harboured by quite a few on here ....ffs we still own Miralas, Schneiderlin, Bolasie etc etc .
Yes exactly, clubs like any other business don't like to talk about what cost them dear, suppose it wouldn't be too hard to have a stab at what money we have binned on shit transfers and wages in recent seasons, the need to remind ourselves about them is some are still here, and are going to be hard to get rid of, they cloud day to day training and managing when it might be better if we could just bump them off.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 02, 2019, 02:32:53 AM
Reply #452

blueski

missed the game and know the result - should I watch it? leaning towards no at the moment
Nil Satis

January 02, 2019, 03:33:47 AM
Reply #453

Dr. Sponge

missed the game and know the result - should I watch it? leaning towards no at the moment

Fuck no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 02, 2019, 03:54:37 AM
Reply #454

KoemansNumberTens

Scope your eyes out with a rusty spoon and toss them in the fire

January 02, 2019, 04:49:07 AM
Reply #455

Evertonian in NC

There is nothing worth seeing.  I feel like we (in the match thread) deserved a medal for making it through all 90 minutes.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 02, 2019, 06:19:15 AM
Reply #456

Omar

Starting to think I chose the wrong club to support in the pool.

jk, better dead than red.
You come at the king, you best not miss.

January 02, 2019, 01:48:30 PM
Reply #457

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Kenny.

Plus it was a lovely winters day and Iíve had a lovely walk round Stanley park.

Some OK moments e.g a big tackle etc, but in general Coleman would have been slandered for that performance.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2019, 03:41:30 PM
Reply #458

Paddockoldie

Some OK moments e.g a big tackle etc, but in general Coleman would have been slandered for that performance.

Thought we couldn't mention big tackle anymore? 🤔 😉

January 02, 2019, 05:39:31 PM
Reply #459

boothill

McCarthy over Gomes because he's more consistent... He's barely had a kick in, what, 2 years? lolol
Sorry for liking,  but hes probably made just as many tackles as gomes this season.  Gomes is a lightweight,  hes made 2 good runs and a few outside of his boot passes.  Hes given us nothing else

Sent from my FLOW_5 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 02, 2019, 05:47:56 PM
Reply #460

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

Nah, if Coleman played like that at any point of the season people would be saying itís a return to form.

He wasnít even that good but defended well and was a lot, lot better on the ball than Coleman.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 02, 2019, 05:53:11 PM
Reply #461

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, if Coleman played like that at any point of the season people would be saying itís a return to form.

He wasnít even that good but defended well and was a lot, lot better on the ball than Coleman.

Thought he looked well below prem standard to be honest, and could have easily had been Coleman rather than Kenny and I wouldnít have noticed the difference.

Not his fault, heís a decent young player but we should get him somewhere he can play and sign a real RB ASAP.

Thereís probably ten teams in the league with better full back options than us atm and Leicester are deffo one of them.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2019, 06:01:07 PM
Reply #462

Gash

Global Moderator

Nah, if Coleman had played like that yesterday people would just put it down to another average Coleman performance. Topped off by that laughable cross that he arrowed straight into the Lower Gwladys.

I'm fully agreed that Coleman is in a period now that is more than just a dip in form or return from injury but lets not make out that Kenny put in a performance that was way above anything Coleman's done this season just because he put in a couple of Hibbert-esque sliding tackles. 

January 02, 2019, 06:10:00 PM
Reply #463

Alanvideo

Kenny was no worse than Coleman has been but neither was he any better. We still need a right sided version of Digne to come in .
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 02, 2019, 06:12:32 PM
Reply #464

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Seriously, lads?

Fair enough I but I massively disagree.  Iím not even saying he played well, but that was a level above anything Coleman has done this season.

He moves the ball a lot quicker for one. Coleman gets it, stops it, puts his hand out, then plays it square or loses it. Kenny gets it, plays a sharp pass and progress the play.

He can also put in a cross. His crosses arenít even that good but theyíre a lot better than the Coleman loft.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown