October 22, 2019, 11:07:33 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Lincoln FA Cup 3rd Round - Saturday 3pm KO  (Read 13034 times)

January 05, 2019, 11:02:42 PM
Reply #330

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
They’re the sort of pressing sides that worry me right now

Everyone presses to a certain extent these days.

Even Newcastle etc.

January 05, 2019, 11:03:20 PM
Reply #331

School of Science

Thank the lord that is over .... not the result or performance, but listening to the commentator and pundit who so wanted us to come unstuck was like Chinese water torture... wish they would just read the names out and keep opinions to themselves.

Tossers.

Everton for the cup - COYB

Yeah you must wonder what these commentators say when the likes of Salah is throwing himself around every week, winning fucking penalties. Thought that was a definite pen on Baines, yet he went down too easy, fuck off and watch Salah's " earned" penalties.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:05:07 PM by School of Science »
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 05, 2019, 11:04:52 PM
Reply #332

TheTone

We'd smash league 2 no problem though

January 05, 2019, 11:05:33 PM
Reply #333

sam of the south

Everyone presses to a certain extent these days.

Even Newcastle etc.

Exactly. Everyone worries me.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 05, 2019, 11:05:35 PM
Reply #334

American Evertonian

It was the theatrics, man, he’s doing it all the time, and he’s getting nowhere with them.

He was definitely harshly treated at the start of the season, so I understand where his frustration is coming from, but he is starting to get a boy who cried wolf rep

He is definitely gaining that reputation. Won't argue that with you. And a lot of the times he is over the top.

In this situation I just view it more as time wasting than anything else. However, more times than not when he goes down now and moans I just want hime to get up and go on with it. I def get your point of view on it.
Are we there yet?

January 05, 2019, 11:05:55 PM
Reply #335

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Got into some good positions on the break but some woeful decisions/ executions of the moves.

January 05, 2019, 11:06:52 PM
Reply #336

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Haha. Fair enough.

There aren’t any easy games when you’re at our level, certainly not at the start.

January 05, 2019, 11:08:23 PM
Reply #337

sam of the south

He is definitely gaining that reputation. Won't argue that with you. And a lot of the times he is over the top.

In this situation I just view it more as time wasting than anything else. However, more times than not when he goes down now and moans I just want hime to get up and go on with it. I def get your point of view on it.

Yeah, it’s both cringe and ineffective
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 05, 2019, 11:11:53 PM
Reply #338

eyesalwaysblue

We aren't much better than anyone at the moment, it's just a fact...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 05, 2019, 11:12:11 PM
Reply #339

stirlingblue

A spiraling Bournemouth at home next week then away to Southampton and Huddersfield. Good opportunity to get in a rhythm.

Alternatively:

A Southampton side under a new manager who has them well drilled, who just held Chelsea to a point at home.

A free scoring Bournemouth side who just turned the corner by coming back from 2-0 down to Watford, with one of the leagues most in-form strikers.

January 05, 2019, 11:16:15 PM
Reply #340

Macca77

Lost count of the amount of times we were in decent positions out wide but only had one in the box

January 05, 2019, 11:21:07 PM
Reply #341

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It was a pretty comfortable win but we are poor in the final third. While I don't disagree that Sigurdsson can be anonymous we have so little chance of scoring without him it's ridiculous

January 05, 2019, 11:27:32 PM
Reply #342

American Evertonian

Alternatively:

A Southampton side under a new manager who has them well drilled, who just held Chelsea to a point at home.

A free scoring Bournemouth side who just turned the corner by coming back from 2-0 down to Watford, with one of the leagues most in-form strikers.

Since December Bournemouth is 2-7-1. I don't think one draw against Watford counts as turning the corner when they followed that up with a 1-3 defeat to BHA.
Are we there yet?

January 05, 2019, 11:28:21 PM
Reply #343

sam of the south

Haha. Fair enough.

There aren’t any easy games when you’re at our level, certainly not at the start.

There aren’t any easy games when your attacking play is predictable with little end product
Henry David Thoreau

January 05, 2019, 11:29:47 PM
Reply #344

sam of the south

It was a pretty comfortable win but we are poor in the final third. While I don't disagree that Sigurdsson can be anonymous we have so little chance of scoring without him it's ridiculous

Yeah, both points are true.

That’s why I wouldn’t mind him played upfront in a 4-3-3
Henry David Thoreau