March 24, 2019, 04:27:22 AM

Author Topic: Everton v Lincoln FA Cup 3rd Round - Saturday 3pm KO  (Read 8353 times)

January 05, 2019, 11:37:12 PM
Reply #345

WeimaranerBlues

Since December Bournemouth is 2-7-1. I don't think one draw against Watford counts as turning the corner when they followed that up with a 1-3 defeat to BHA.
. Game against these could be similar to the 6-3 game couple of seasons ago

January 05, 2019, 11:41:09 PM
Reply #346

eyesalwaysblue

New players that were playing well dropping off to last years level has to be a worry.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 05, 2019, 11:44:07 PM
Reply #347

American Evertonian

. Game against these could be similar to the 6-3 game couple of seasons ago

Just not sure if we will be the 6 or the 3. :X
Are we there yet?

January 05, 2019, 11:46:28 PM
Reply #348

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
The one random thing that bothered me, we don't get enough players into the box a lot of the time. Toward the very end we did better on that as it got a little more frenetic, but there were quite a few times we went to cross the ball and stopped because there was perhaps just Tosun surrounded by 4 defenders.

January 05, 2019, 11:47:23 PM
Reply #349

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, both points are true.

That’s why I wouldn’t mind him played upfront in a 4-3-3

Touch isn’t consistent enough for a ST and the physical aspect is completely different (both hold up play and running channels).

We’d have to play some sort of weird inverted diamond, I think

January 05, 2019, 11:50:52 PM
Reply #350

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
New players that were playing well dropping off to last years level has to be a worry.

Very few players aren’t affected by the overall performance/ confidence levels of the teams as a group.

January 05, 2019, 11:51:25 PM
Reply #351

Bally

Administrator
Sigurdsson was fucking absent today, Zouma looked frightened

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

January 05, 2019, 11:56:14 PM
Reply #352

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson was fucking absent today, Zouma looked frightened

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Zouma doesn’t seem to read the ball too well all the time.

As a result he gets caught under the flight or bounce, or gets slightly out of shape/ off balance making him easy to nudge aside.

January 06, 2019, 12:11:14 AM
Reply #353

sam of the south

Touch isn’t consistent enough for a ST and the physical aspect is completely different (both hold up play and running channels).

We’d have to play some sort of weird inverted diamond, I think

His touch can’t be worse than DCL’s lately.

I dunno, he spends enough time during games as the furthest man forward, at least if he was the #9 we could either get another midfielder on the field, or have a three behind him of Richarlison, Bernard and Lookman/Walcott
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 06, 2019, 12:14:15 AM
Reply #354

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
His touch can’t be worse than DCL’s lately.

I dunno, he spends enough time during games as the furthest man forward, at least if he was the #9 we could either get another midfielder on the field, or have a three behind him of Richarlison, Bernard and Lookman/Walcott

Yeah I suppose, but if we played 3 behind it wouldn’t be any different from now, other than if Bernard was at 10 but then they’d probably get in each other’s way a bit.

In reality another midfielder would probably just mean Davies and say Richarlison and Walcott wide

Midfield balance behind (and prob needs different players to what we have) will force a decision on Sig.

January 06, 2019, 12:15:41 AM
Reply #355

sam of the south

Yeah I suppose, but if we played 3 behind it wouldn’t be any different from now, other than if Bernard was at 10 but then they’d probably get in each other’s way a bit.

In reality another midfielder would probably just mean Davies and say Richarlison and Walcott wide

Midfield balance behind (and prob needs different players to what we have) will force a decision on Sig.

Yeah, I would prefer a 4-3-3 to be honest, especially now when we are struggling
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 06, 2019, 12:30:50 AM
Reply #356

TheTone

Think we should do a sweep on how many slips Bernard has in a game

January 06, 2019, 12:53:48 AM
Reply #357

Toddacelli

They can choose between them or rotate or whatever- I don't care- but Baines and Digne should be our left and right backs.

No way should we have to keep a consistent  performer on the bench when we're crying out for their attitude and aptitude on the pitch.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 06, 2019, 12:55:36 AM
Reply #358

gizzblue

Baines was like he's never been away .
Born not made a blue .

January 06, 2019, 01:06:18 AM
Reply #359

Lincs Toffee

Think we really need to ditch the zonal marking, time and time again we have been caught out
“I used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.” - Dixie Dean