March 19, 2019, 09:37:05 PM

Author Topic: [News]Will Everton improve on Last Season's Premier League Performance?  (Read 834 times)

January 03, 2019, 04:45:01 PM
Read 834 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Will Everton improve on Last Season's Premier League Performance?

This time last season the Goodison faithful were just getting to grips with new manager Sam Allardyce. The disgraced former England gaffer led the Toffees to a 2-0 victory in his first game in charge against Huddersfield Town

Source: Will Everton improve on Last Season's Premier League Performance?

January 03, 2019, 05:01:14 PM
Reply #1

Ramjam

Shouldn’t be getting 7th but think we need a sports psychologist on board if we don’t already have one, if we do have one he needs sacking and replaced
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 03, 2019, 06:02:40 PM
Reply #2

Mac934

Shouldn’t be getting 7th but think we need a sports psychologist on board if we don’t already have one, if we do have one he needs sacking and replaced
What we need is a manager that can manage/ coach players and players that can play football. Where does psychologists fit into football. Is this a new age thing. The great players from the past would never need one to play the game.

January 03, 2019, 06:08:58 PM
Reply #3

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
What we need is a manager that can manage/ coach players and players that can play football. Where does psychologists fit into football. Is this a new age thing. The great players from the past would never need one to play the game.

'better in my day'
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

January 03, 2019, 06:42:46 PM
Reply #4

Alanvideo

....................that may be true but we can't live in the past.
What I would say is we have a squad which is probably the best outside the top 6 but we can't beat the teams above us and we struggle against many of the teams below us . We will undoubtedly struggle against Lincoln too.
So maybe it's a mental block that goes with Everton despite massive changes in players and management. 
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 03, 2019, 09:31:19 PM
Reply #5

Mac934

....................that may be true but we can't live in the past.
What I would say is we have a squad which is probably the best outside the top 6 but we can't beat the teams above us and we struggle against many of the teams below us . We will undoubtedly struggle against Lincoln too.
So maybe it's a mental block that goes with Everton despite massive changes in players and management.
We can't possibly be the best squad outside the top 6 if we can't beat the teams above us and struggle against the teams below us. If it were true, then we would be beating the teams below us usually and occasionally beat the top sides. Then and only then can we say we are the best of the rest. The majority of players and cosseted and pampered beyond belief, then when the going gets tough they start crying. Give me the good old days, if only..........

January 03, 2019, 10:22:21 PM
Reply #6

D15TIN

Get back to basics, start keeping clean sheets again and sign a striker and we should see good form return, become consistent again like we were before the derby and we can still get 7th

January 04, 2019, 02:37:02 AM
Reply #7

Frevski

Tennis players have been doing this for god knows how long, golf players do it, and part of a football managers job is to coach.

Sports psychology isn't laying on a couch talking about your parents, it can be as simple as reinforcing good things and changing negative ones.

If it gets an extra 2% out of any player it pretty much pays for itself. 

Oh and if you are interested in coaching look at the difference between Sir Clive Woodward and Eddie Jones, they both get results but in a different way. So one approach doesn't always work.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

January 04, 2019, 02:52:25 AM
Reply #8

SANA_DR0

I don't mind if we don't finish 7th, top 10 would be good, but what does concern me is, not being able to beat, Newcastle, Watford , Bighton.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 04, 2019, 02:55:01 AM
Reply #9

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't mind if we don't finish 7th, top 10 would be good, but what does concern me is, not being able to beat, Newcastle, Watford , Bighton.

If you’re only finishing 10th there’s a more than good chance that you’re not winning some of those types of games.

January 04, 2019, 02:55:38 AM
Reply #10

SANA_DR0

If you’re only finishing 10th there’s a more than good chance that you’re not winning some of those types of games.

if we don't win them sort of games, we're finishing below 10th.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 04, 2019, 02:59:50 AM
Reply #11

Mayor Farnum

Plenty of time to improve upon last season. If we have a good second half to the season or even a strong last ten games we can be in a better position going into next season.

January 04, 2019, 03:00:38 AM
Reply #12

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
if we don't win them sort of games, we're finishing below 10th.

We have won some of those types of games though.

But whoever finishes 10th to 7th will not have won lots of those types of games, especially away.

January 04, 2019, 04:52:13 AM
Reply #13

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

Nope, not new age. Been around for at least the last twenty years. It’s used at all levels of sport too. It’s really good actually if done right.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 04, 2019, 05:40:44 AM
Reply #14

Dr. Sponge

We’ve improved performances. Results are similar, although less hammerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk