March 25, 2019, 05:36:51 PM

Author Topic: Bernard = Football Einstein  (Read 2744 times)

January 08, 2019, 03:45:02 PM
Read 2744 times

sam of the south

I love this lad, and so does Baines.

I really want him to be a success here, and his ability to play between the lines is his greatest asset

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2019/01/05/baines-hails-amazing-teammate-bernard
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 08, 2019, 06:11:52 PM
Reply #1

Mac934

Now he's broken his goal duck, hopefully he will push on and grow in confidence.

January 08, 2019, 06:16:41 PM
Reply #2

School of Science

I really want him to be a success here, and his ability to play between the lines is his greatest asset

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2019/01/05/baines-hails-amazing-teammate-bernard

Echo this, really feel when he settles in completely, we'll have our version of Man City's David Silva.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 08, 2019, 06:20:48 PM
Reply #3

sam of the south

Echo this, really feel when he settles in completely, we'll have our version of Man City's David Silva.

If he turns out only half as good as Silva I will be chuffed

January 08, 2019, 06:31:14 PM
Reply #4

Trowel

I hope Santa brought him some boots with longer studs.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

January 08, 2019, 07:32:10 PM
Reply #5

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I think heís boss.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2019, 07:33:58 PM
Reply #6

gizzblue

Lads settling in nicely. ..he will get better to imho.
Born not made a blue .

January 08, 2019, 07:49:05 PM
Reply #7

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Players who canít just rely on physical attributes will often take time to find their feet (literally in his case some times :) ).

They have to get used to the pace of everything and find ways round it.

January 08, 2019, 10:04:37 PM
Reply #8

Toddacelli

Players who canít just rely on physical attributes will often take time to find their feet (literally in his case some times :) ).

They have to get used to the pace of everything and find ways round it.

To be fair he has seemed to cope quite well for someone his size. He doesn't shy out of tackles. He's been better at this than I expected.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

January 08, 2019, 10:08:51 PM
Reply #9

Toddacelli

I agree.

I just find interviews like this really annoying.

JOURNO: Would you agree with my pre-written agenda that X=Y
PLAYER: Yeah at the end of the day you can tell that X equals Y because of the way Y is the same as X

JOURNO: Would you agree with my pre-written agenda that Z is a good thing?
PLAYER: Yeah Z is a good thing it's a really good thing and that's what the gaffer says

Although it's nice seeing the players speak - we never actually get to find out what their own original thoughts are in these type of interviews. We only ever get to find out what the journo thinks, or what the club will let them ask etc

January 08, 2019, 11:05:57 PM
Reply #10

sam of the south

I agree.

I just find interviews like this really annoying.

JOURNO: Would you agree with my pre-written agenda that X=Y
PLAYER: Yeah at the end of the day you can tell that X equals Y because of the way Y is the same as X

JOURNO: Would you agree with my pre-written agenda that Z is a good thing?
PLAYER: Yeah Z is a good thing it's a really good thing and that's what the gaffer says

Although it's nice seeing the players speak - we never actually get to find out what their own original thoughts are in these type of interviews. We only ever get to find out what the journo thinks, or what the club will let them ask etc

I dunno, Baines mentioned Bernard before the interviewer did, plus he didnít have to wax lyrical as much as that, and he wouldnít have done unless he really rated him

January 09, 2019, 12:22:25 AM
Reply #11

mikey_blue

I think he's doing really well. Would love to see him have a go at the 10 position.

January 09, 2019, 12:43:26 AM
Reply #12

NickNack

I think heís tended to fade as games go on which is understandable until heís fully up to speed. I really like the look of him, could turn into a great little player for us

January 09, 2019, 04:39:43 AM
Reply #13

Toddacelli

I dunno, Baines mentioned Bernard before the interviewer did, plus he didnít have to wax lyrical as much as that, and he wouldnít have done unless he really rated him

Yeah you will get a bit more from players like Baines in this type of interview because they're mature and intelligent.

I imagine some of the younger ones who are similar twats to what I was at their age get told not to say a fucking word or stick to the script. That's why we hear the same things all the time.

January 09, 2019, 04:53:14 AM
Reply #14

Deano Blue Boy

I'm I right in saying you can't be in a paid position within a business whilst also being on the board?