March 21, 2019, 03:32:02 PM

Author Topic: Everton v Bournemouth  (Read 9029 times)

January 13, 2019, 10:39:02 PM
Reply #480

Mayor Farnum

Dragged ourselves into a game despite low confidence, clean sheet, improvement in the second half, young players impressing and the first time a Premier League player has celebrated scoring by kissing his gloves!

Confidence is built not conjured. On to next week.

January 13, 2019, 10:39:20 PM
Reply #481

Major Clanger

Happy with that. Got the win and looked very good in parts, although it turned into a dog of a game 2nd half.

Interested to hear what people thought about the ref?

To me he was woeful, let cook get away with all kinds on Richarlison and seemed to lose complete control of the game when he started waving the yellow to our players.

Dont have the benefit of replays at the game though

Even with replays I still don't know why Zouma was booked.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 13, 2019, 10:39:32 PM
Reply #482

Shogun

Administrator
RE: Gomes

The first yellow card he got was bullshit anyway
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 13, 2019, 10:40:22 PM
Reply #483

eyesalwaysblue

Vital 3 points, but playing a team on a worse run than us, system is too predictable by far and we will get spanked more often than not if we carry on this way, so pedestrian...
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 13, 2019, 10:40:49 PM
Reply #484

Gary1878

Yeah Him and Bernard was great today - don't know why Gomez was allowed to play the full game.. both by Silva and the ref

Agree, was a risk from Silva to keep Gomes on, especially when the rain came down and made the pitch an ice rink.

I think the ref just lost control of the game by that point and the crowd was baying for blood. If the ref had a decent game, then he may have been able to make that decision with a clear mind and send Gomes off.

January 13, 2019, 10:41:16 PM
Reply #485

Lxxx

Without Richarlison staying up top, how do we get all three in to the side?

You give Sig a spell on the bench and move Bernard inside. Might not be too popular but it's Silva's job to make the right decisions not the most popular ones. It's worth a try, Sig was anonymous apart from a few touches in the second half when they were chasing the game and vacated the defensive part of their midfield.

January 13, 2019, 10:41:16 PM
Reply #486

Bally

Administrator
Hardest 2-0 win I've ever witnessed

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

It's the roll I way

January 13, 2019, 10:41:17 PM
Reply #487

sam of the south

Maybe a diamond, with one DM almost splitting the CBs, two CMs just in front, and a 10 (Bernard) at the tip, with Richarlison and Lookman roaming and running the channels ahead
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 13, 2019, 10:41:53 PM
Reply #488

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

We shouldn't be trying to, should always be a fresh quality winger on the bench

January 13, 2019, 10:42:13 PM
Reply #489

cantoffee

Lots of games where Bernard hasnt been up to it and he will need days off.

Honestly think Rich is staying up top for the rest of the season though. Might see DCL there when we feel we'll need more hold up play and physical presence.

Still think Sig could be dropped but doubt Marco has that in his plans based on what we've seen so far.

Possible we will see Sig beside Gana in home games against teams that sit back though.

Sent from my SM-G950W using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 13, 2019, 10:43:12 PM
Reply #490

sam of the south

Dragged ourselves into a game despite low confidence, clean sheet, improvement in the second half, young players impressing and the first time a Premier League player has celebrated scoring by kissing his gloves!

Confidence is built not conjured. On to next week.

That sounded a bit Spinal Tap
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 13, 2019, 10:43:26 PM
Reply #491

Gary1878

Whether Richarlison likes it or not, he has to stay up top. Nearly all of our results this season have come from Richarlison playing as a striker, so he is clearly a player than other teams are frightened of.

January 13, 2019, 10:44:11 PM
Reply #492

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
RE: Gomes

The first yellow card he got was bullshit anyway

Looked overly fired up all day though. Pushing people after decisions were given etc.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 13, 2019, 10:45:45 PM
Reply #493

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Richarlison will likely stay up top to be honest. Although DCL staked a further claim again with his goal.
The only option is moving Bernard central behind the striker - most likely at the expense of Gylfi

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 13, 2019, 10:46:27 PM
Reply #494

Shogun

Administrator
Looked overly fired up all day though. Pushing people after decisions were given etc.

Good
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth