October 22, 2019, 01:35:56 PM

Author Topic: Vlasic Interview  (Read 5668 times)

January 10, 2019, 05:59:20 PM
Reply #15

Waltzer

Niasse looked like a world beater there.

FFS again!! Niasse never, ever, ever looked like a world beater in Russia, he never won Player of The Year, he had a purple patch where he scored a few goals, thats it

January 10, 2019, 06:02:50 PM
Reply #16

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Looked very average whenever he played, not arsed about his form in the Russian league, Niasse looked like a world beater there.

no he didnt...
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos l Everton!

January 10, 2019, 06:15:49 PM
Reply #17

sam of the south

Apologies, seen a few traditional news outlets running with more errr spicy headlines.

Oh yeah, the article itself is stirring a fair amount, but at least it quotes Vlasic correctly and in full
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau

January 10, 2019, 06:19:36 PM
Reply #18

Macca77

FFS again!! Niasse never, ever, ever looked like a world beater in Russia, he never won Player of The Year, he had a purple patch where he scored a few goals, thats it

Didn't say he won the player of the year, we bought him because he was scoring goals most weeks, lets be honest here, the Russian league is on a par with the Scottish Prem, its shite.

Now I'm not completely writing Vlasic off here, if he comes back and gets another chance then hopefully he will prove me and a lot of others wrong, just saying he's not a loss if we decide sell.

January 10, 2019, 06:20:54 PM
Reply #19

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Unless he turns out to be a good player, then hes a MASSIVE loss...

January 10, 2019, 06:47:45 PM
Reply #20

Waltzer

Didn't say he won the player of the year, we bought him because he was scoring goals most weeks, lets be honest here, the Russian league is on a par with the Scottish Prem, its shite.

Now I'm not completely writing Vlasic off here, if he comes back and gets another chance then hopefully he will prove me and a lot of others wrong, just saying he's not a loss if we decide sell.

I know you didnt, but thats usually chucked out with comments like he was tearing it up over there.
And it really isnt that weak, its not comparable in terms of depth as the Premiership but CSKA in particular regularly get to the group stages of the CL and Lokomotiv, Spartak and Zenit are decent sides.Celtic, on comparison have done twice in the previous 5 years and they're the only Scottish team that have got anywhere near it. Our arrogance would probably say we'd beat all of them easily, but im not sure, and Im pretty sure we wont ever do the double over Real in the Champions League like CSKA did this year

January 10, 2019, 06:56:04 PM
Reply #21

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I like Vlasic.

Seems to fall out fairly easily with managers though.

January 10, 2019, 07:36:50 PM
Reply #22

Hawkandro

Both Vlasic and Bernard could both potentially be the answer to our No.10 conundrum, if we do decide to sale Gylfi.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 10, 2019, 07:37:23 PM
Reply #23

kramer0

One of the few players in our squad I actually enjoyed watching last season.

His balance is impressive and the fact that he actually understood where his teammates were in the final third stuck out big time in last year's team.

January 10, 2019, 07:41:04 PM
Reply #24

arteta4spain

Gonna get shot down here but if I was Silva Id be like well he doesnt wanna fight for his place by the sounds of it and it sounds quite defeatist.
Unless Ive only got a small chunk of the interview through ssn then I apologise!

January 10, 2019, 08:06:30 PM
Reply #25

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I'm sure Silva's opinion of him is based on seeing him in training, games/footage and actually speaking to the lad, rather than going by what is quoted in media articles.

January 10, 2019, 08:09:53 PM
Reply #26

MmmblueBernard

We should give him a chance pre-season and maybe til chrimbo to prove himself. Then ship out if need be. If we dont make a tidy 100% plus profit then the club is run by mugs as hes a decent player.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

January 10, 2019, 08:11:06 PM
Reply #27

Heath

It appears to be a decent enough, and honest, interview. I would like to see Vlasic get a chance to prove himself under Marco Silva, but I don't see it happening. Mind you, the way football is these days, Marco Silva will probably be out of the Club before Vlasic.

January 10, 2019, 08:22:53 PM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Mentioned in the below article, small sample size however (CL group stage)

https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/loan-watch-how-are-premier-league-prospects-across-europe-faring/
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 10, 2019, 08:41:38 PM
Reply #29

sam of the south

Mentioned in the below article, small sample size however (CL group stage)

https://statsbomb.com/2019/01/loan-watch-how-are-premier-league-prospects-across-europe-faring/

Just like Id hoped:

Everton have a player with a very interesting skillset who is capable of taking on a more central role than the right wing position he was generally assigned last season.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau