March 25, 2019, 05:54:30 PM

Author Topic: Vlasic Interview  (Read 4416 times)

January 12, 2019, 07:49:46 PM
Reply #45

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Silva saying hes being watched every game and that he does figure in his future plans
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 12, 2019, 09:37:42 PM
Reply #46

Major Clanger

I think the only thing he's wrong in is about him not being rated because of where he came from.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

January 13, 2019, 06:55:47 AM
Reply #47

UnsyisaRhino

I think he offers more than Walcott

January 13, 2019, 05:23:01 PM
Reply #48

sam of the south

I think he offers more than Walcott

I think his time at Spartak (and before at Split) have shown that he is primarily an attacking midfielder with some versatility, and isnt a winger/forward like he was sparingly used in his time here
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 13, 2019, 05:34:54 PM
Reply #49

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think his time at Spartak (and before at Split) have shown that he is primarily an attacking midfielder with some versatility, and isnt a winger/forward like he was sparingly used in his time here

Thought his time here showed that as well!

January 13, 2019, 05:46:01 PM
Reply #50

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
He's not quick or tricky enough to be a winger. He's all about strength and good movement. He's much better suited to the centre. Whether we need him is another question but he's a decent player.

January 13, 2019, 05:49:06 PM
Reply #51

sam of the south

Thought his time here showed that as well!

Yeah, conclusively 😁 It was bemusing to me that he was used that way.

Although, the only credit I will give Koeman was when he remarked what a good 10 Vlasic could be, but then that just added fuel to the too many 10s fire that was already raging against him
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 13, 2019, 05:52:50 PM
Reply #52

Bob Sacamano

His one-on-one finishing is arguably top 3 at the club imo. Lots to be said about that amount of composure at such a young age.

January 14, 2019, 02:31:32 AM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Off topic but I remember Walsh saying Lookman was close to Lukaku in terms of
Finishing ability.

I know, Walsh like, but encouraging that, and hes definitely showed end product in his career so far.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 14, 2019, 04:10:59 AM
Reply #54

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Off topic but I remember Walsh saying Lookman was close to Lukaku in terms of
Finishing ability.

I know, Walsh like, but encouraging that, and hes definitely showed end product in his career so far.

Big Steve Walsh knows a player when he sees one to be fair.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 14, 2019, 03:16:37 PM
Reply #55

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
I think the only thing he's wrong in is about him not being rated because of where he came from.

Not being one to want to over-generalise,

But Croatia as a whole seems to have a bit of a persecution complex.
Granted, there's probably very sound reasons over it for large portions of multiple populations of the Balkans

But adding to Vlasic "the don't think i'm good because i'm from Croatia" you have the national teams pearl-clutching at the World Cup because of the excitement building in England and the 3-lions song being belted out everywhere.

I find it all very odd.

January 14, 2019, 03:28:18 PM
Reply #56

Gary1878

We definitely have some decisions to make this summer, with Dowell and Vlasic both looking to play regular football. As they are both central attacking midfielders, it seems like they might actually be competing against each other for one place in the squad, so could be very interesting in terms of their performances between now and the end of the season.

January 14, 2019, 04:00:17 PM
Reply #57

Waltzer

We definitely have some decisions to make this summer, with Dowell and Vlasic both looking to play regular football. As they are both central attacking midfielders, it seems like they might actually be competing against each other for one place in the squad, so could be very interesting in terms of their performances between now and the end of the season.

I dont think Vlasic and Dowell are really comparable in terms of quality. If they said one has to go and one can stay id be amazed if anyone chose Dowell, could be wrong though?

January 14, 2019, 06:29:43 PM
Reply #58

Mouse

I dont think Vlasic and Dowell are really comparable in terms of quality. If they said one has to go and one can stay id be amazed if anyone chose Dowell, could be wrong though?
This, as much as it would be brilliant to see Dowell bossing games in the Prem, I've seen nothing from him in a first team shirt that makes me think it possible.

January 14, 2019, 10:58:45 PM
Reply #59

Gary1878

Vlasic has been playing at a higher level, has more experience, and has seemingly performed well at CSKA. Dowell has done OK at Nottingham Forest as well, albeit not set the world alight. I would like to see him start really influencing matches at Champ level on a consistent basis before he could be considered for the match day squad with us.

Same age, same height, and you would expect one of them to kick on now, with Vlasic being the favourite.

By the way, we sometimes forget that Tom Davies is a year younger than the two above. I think fans are a little quick to give the boy stick, when it is a real achievement for him to have made 68 appearances already at such a young age. I think the lad will be a superb player for us, given the time and space to develop.