March 27, 2019, 03:11:20 AM

Author Topic: Michy Batshuayi  (Read 15978 times)

January 31, 2019, 01:14:50 AM
Reply #180

Macca77

Sky saying West Ham want him on loan

January 31, 2019, 01:15:52 AM
Reply #181

D15TIN

Kristoff terreur is usually on the money.

Id be fine with this like. Got to try something different up front.
Play to his strengths and he'd do well I think, was brilliant at Dortmund last season, Valencia probably piss about with the ball too much and he probably wants it more direct

January 31, 2019, 01:19:46 AM
Reply #182

Waltzer

Hope we don't sign him, give Tosun a run of games and DCL. We need to establish once and for all whether either are good enough, personally don't think so, but I don't think Batshauyi is a massive upgrade either. Feels like buying for the sake of buying

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 31, 2019, 01:29:22 AM
Reply #183

sam of the south

Play to his strengths and he'd do well I think, was brilliant at Dortmund last season, Valencia probably piss about with the ball too much and he probably wants it more direct

What are his strengths? I know heís a good finisher, but I donít know much else.

How is he in the air? Is he quick and powerful? What about his hold-up and link play?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 31, 2019, 01:34:47 AM
Reply #184

mikey_blue

What are his strengths? I know heís a good finisher, but I donít know much else.

How is he in the air? Is he quick and powerful? What about his hold-up and link play?

Pacy, strong, athletic and a good finisher. From what I've seen he's pretty poor at link up play. I like him as a player, but we don't create a lot for a player like him. 35m is way too much for him though.

January 31, 2019, 01:44:45 AM
Reply #185

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

To be honest Iíve always had his all round game as rubbish; well, worse than Lukakuís anyway so depending on how you judge him...

Havenít seen him play for Dortmund or Valencia so donít know if itís improved.

Would be interesting to know what was different at Dortmund.

January 31, 2019, 01:46:29 AM
Reply #186

Martip

I reckon hed be quite isolated up top from what I've seen and probably doesn't have the hold up game we need.

January 31, 2019, 01:56:37 AM
Reply #187

Waltzer

I don't think he is a great finisher, yes his record at Dortmund was good, but he only played 10 games. It was roughly 1 in every 2+ games at Liege and Marseille despite playing in the stronger teams in a weak league. Didn't have many opportunities at Chelsea but again it was 7 in 32. None of these are great, they're average, and that's what he is.

January 31, 2019, 02:03:10 AM
Reply #188

D15TIN

If Brands wants him, I trust his judgement

January 31, 2019, 02:06:54 AM
Reply #189

Waltzer

If Brands wants him, I trust his judgement
I have confidence in brands too, but I thought his introduction was to open up different channels, get in the next superstar from abroad, unknown talent etc? I get that it takes time to implement and he hasn't been here long but this strikes me as a desperate, lazy signing, if at all true that we'd have been looking at under Walsh, and I actually think we were?

January 31, 2019, 02:10:53 AM
Reply #190

Mayor Farnum

1 in 3.8 strike rate since leaving the comfort of the French League.

January 31, 2019, 02:14:35 AM
Reply #191

bluenuck

I really don't get this one.

We'd have plenty up front for the short term if we had the right mid fielders imo.

Batshuayi will just be so isolated up top and look so bad.

January 31, 2019, 02:18:32 AM
Reply #192

gizzblue

I have confidence in brands too, but I thought his introduction was to open up different channels, get in the next superstar from abroad, unknown talent etc? I get that it takes time to implement and he hasn't been here long but this strikes me as a desperate, lazy signing, if at all true that we'd have been looking at under Walsh, and I actually think we were?

Had anyone from the club said we're linked or is it just paper and internet bollocks though .....rekon brands will have his own list .
Born not made a blue .

January 31, 2019, 03:02:12 AM
Reply #193

Lxxx

His hold up play was very Lukaku-esque at Chelsea. Their fans were pissed off with the ball bouncing off him all the time, according to a pal who supports them.

Doesnít sound like what we need up top. Richarlison is a better finisher and his link up play with his back to goal is equally as suspect.

January 31, 2019, 03:08:59 AM
Reply #194

American Evertonian

Would prefer Timo Werner personally
Are we there yet?