October 23, 2019, 05:08:05 PM

Author Topic: Southampton v Everton  (Read 12507 times)

January 17, 2019, 08:29:29 AM
Reply #45

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Got some biffs these like.

Can’t imagine a lot of those playing tonight will play against us.

Reckon we should beat these tbh. Brighton aside we’ve played well away from home this season.

Can imagine these will leave some gaps and Bernard will pick them off on the counter.

I’d drop Sigurdsson for Davies myself. Make us a lot more compact in the midfield and we might even win a second ball

Not that I mind Davies, but until we have other reliable ways to score, I'm kinda loathed to drop Sigurdsson personally. He is also usually also a bit of a workhorse, in terms covering a lot of ground, which while we're still trying to grind out results isn't a bad thing.

January 17, 2019, 12:23:43 PM
Reply #46

Shogun

Administrator
Wouldn’t and don’t expect to change much.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Zouma Digne
Gana Gomes
Lookman Sigurdsson Richarlison
DCL

January 17, 2019, 02:28:47 PM
Reply #47

TSGun

Not really anticipating a great game to watch, at least for the first half anyway.

They'll be knackered and we'll be attempting to out counterattack them.

Predicting everything to happen from around 65 minutes onward.

Just keep building lads.

January 17, 2019, 03:18:27 PM
Reply #48

Hawkandro

This has got 'season defining win for Southampton' written all over it.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 17, 2019, 03:47:32 PM
Reply #49

Macca77

Shane Long will score, that's a given

January 17, 2019, 07:03:04 PM
Reply #50

Juanito

Pickford
Gana Gomes
DCL

Would have same 11 but Sigurdsson in the three of a 4-3-3.  Can see Southampton overloading us with their new found workrate

January 17, 2019, 07:39:37 PM
Reply #51

Lxxx

Whatever we do with Sig we need to see him as close to the opposition goal as possible in my opinion. His biggest attribute and where we are going to get the most value out of him is his ability to find the back of the net.

It makes no sense to play him where we do with a striker who doesn't go the other way otherwise they're stood on each others toes. I agree with a few other posters, stick him up top and get a load of pace and movement around him, if we're not going to be in the market for another striker this month.

January 17, 2019, 08:13:46 PM
Reply #52

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Shane Long will score, that's a given

Think that knee of his will be giving him right gip today, Ings will score though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 08:15:11 PM by Escla »

January 17, 2019, 08:50:05 PM
Reply #53

D15TIN

Pickford
Gana Gomes
DCL
wouldn't drop Bernard, calvert lewin has looked better off the bench all season

January 18, 2019, 01:56:14 AM
Reply #54

Paddockoldie

Think that knee of his will be giving him right gip today, Ings will score though.

If we don't stop their crosses in to our box he might. He'll try and expose our zonal marking... We need to manage that to stop him.

January 18, 2019, 03:10:23 AM
Reply #55

Bluedylan

Looking for a similar performance as away to Wolves here. Nice and compact, sit a bit deeper, and utilise space on the break. If they do play higher, don't be afraid to play a ball or two in behind/over their defence, and get them turned and running at their own goal.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 18, 2019, 03:36:26 PM
Reply #56

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Extract from their forum !

Everton Sold Out on 13:38 - Jan 8 by SaintNick

It bothers me because I wonder why Everton with an average attendance of only around 8,000 more than us can take more than three times the amount that we take to Goodison, after all these are bin dippers who are all on the dole and rely on hand outs to keep them going.

Well here’s one “bin dipper” that will be amongst the travelling fans that didn’t need a handout to get there !

January 18, 2019, 03:58:37 PM
Reply #57

di_guyo

It bothers me because I wonder why Everton with an average attendance of only around 8,000 more than us can take more than three times the amount that we take to Goodison, after all these are bin dippers who are all on the dole and rely on hand outs to keep them going.

Well here’s one “bin dipper” that will be amongst the travelling fans that didn’t need a handout to get there !

Ha. Let's smash these irrelevant cucks.
Everton & Atleti

January 18, 2019, 04:08:46 PM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Wouldn’t mind handing out a few a digs to that bad tory
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 18, 2019, 04:37:30 PM
Reply #59

School of Science

See Ings is supposedly over his hamstring injury, just in time to play us.....
Guaranteed the rat scores, but I will be very disappointed if we don't beat these, they played a full game, extra time and pens. They should be knackered.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15