October 21, 2019, 12:25:35 PM

Author Topic: [News]McCarthy could be on verge of Celtic move  (Read 6674 times)

January 18, 2019, 02:22:19 AM
Reply #30

Elgoodo1978

Would be a bit gutted to see him go TBH, think he's had a lot of stick here, largely unfairly so.

January 18, 2019, 05:19:45 AM
Reply #31

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Been waiting for this fella to do one for two years now.

Same with Mirallas.

January 18, 2019, 08:02:35 PM
Reply #32

Dr. Sponge

He had a really good first season alongside Barry. I miss Barry.

Since then, heís been 50% shit and 50% injured. Being largely shit just before you get injured for an eternity doesnít do much for your reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

January 18, 2019, 08:16:08 PM
Reply #33

formerKHL

I really liked McCarthy when he played first..... very good season. Also people forget he was injured when Martinez, who bought him, was sacked so had to prove himself over again....fought his way back to fitness got in the squad/first team and was injured again on international duty.....fought his way back into contention with another new manager and subsequently got injured again....

Hardly his fault being injured...... and fighting back all the time is hardly the sign of someone who is useless to the club..(my terminology) in getting back to fitness and playing again....

IMO injuries aside I reckon this lad would have been an everton regular and fans favourite over the past 3 years...

January 18, 2019, 08:39:41 PM
Reply #34

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I really liked McCarthy when he played first..... very good season. Also people forget he was injured when Martinez, who bought him, was sacked so had to prove himself over again....fought his way back to fitness got in the squad/first team and was injured again on international duty.....fought his way back into contention with another new manager and subsequently got injured again....

Hardly his fault being injured...... and fighting back all the time is hardly the sign of someone who is useless to the club..(my terminology) in getting back to fitness and playing again....

IMO injuries aside I reckon this lad would have been an everton regular and fans favourite over the past 3 years...

It was his fault however that he reported for International duty not fully fit and against the advice of our medical team, had time for him before that.

January 18, 2019, 08:43:47 PM
Reply #35

formerKHL

It was his fault however that he reported for International duty not fully fit and against the advice of our medical team, had time for him before that.

If I remember correctly he was told to report by Irish FA for medical checks as he was training in the first team squad getting fitness back...our medical team argued against him going but they put the international call up precedence on him ie we have the right to check him..and everton relented....he went and the rest is history.....

we shuda dug our heels in and said no...I agree..... like Liverpool seem to be able to....

January 18, 2019, 08:45:31 PM
Reply #36

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Should note that it was McCarthy who was dropped for tom Davies in Koemans first season.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 18, 2019, 08:47:39 PM
Reply #37

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

If I remember correctly he was told to report by Irish FA for medical checks as he was training in the first team squad getting fitness back...our medical team argued against him going but they put the international call up precedence on him ie we have the right to check him..and everton relented....he went and the rest is history.....

we shuda dug our heels in and said no...I agree..... like Liverpool seem to be able to....

I see it as Mcarthy should have prioritised the club that pays his wages and continued his training.

January 18, 2019, 09:02:38 PM
Reply #38

eugene

Heís shit let him go donít even know why we are bothering. Move on nothing to see hear.

January 18, 2019, 09:17:09 PM
Reply #39

Lxxx

Would be a bit gutted to see him go TBH, think he's had a lot of stick here, largely unfairly so.

You must have been gutted for the past three years then as heís done nothing in that time. He may as well have not been here.

January 18, 2019, 09:21:50 PM
Reply #40

TheTone

Was horrendous for Ireland when he played in the later years ,constantly hiding from the ball, don't know what happened to the lad, confidence looked shot 

January 18, 2019, 09:26:26 PM
Reply #41

Waltzer

You cant argue with the facts that McCarthy hasnt played enough and for that reason alone I think we should let him go.
I think the debate is some really rate him, like me, and others really dont. I honestly think he would get into our team on his best form, but its pretty much irrelevant as hes rarely fit enough to do that. We need a bit of stability and consistency, so despite really liking him, we need to move on, but we shouldnt be letting him go on loan IMO.

January 19, 2019, 01:30:37 AM
Reply #42

eugene

You cant argue with the facts that McCarthy hasnt played enough and for that reason alone I think we should let him go.
I think the debate is some really rate him, like me, and others really dont. I honestly think he would get into our team on his best form, but its pretty much irrelevant as hes rarely fit enough to do that. We need a bit of stability and consistency, so despite really liking him, we need to move on, but we shouldnt be letting him go on loan IMO.
As I said earlier itís a free all day long to Celtic

January 19, 2019, 03:32:06 AM
Reply #43

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I’d give some of these chumps away on ‘undisclosed fees’

First refusal on U21 transfers to clubs with good academies or loan partnerships with clubs in strong leagues who can play them. £10m here or £15m there won’t do us any good. An extra £500kpw in wages can get you new midfield and a couple of future potential stars.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 03:37:17 AM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 19, 2019, 03:33:19 AM
Reply #44

Elgoodo1978

You must have been gutted for the past three years then as heís done nothing in that time. He may as well have not been here.

I have been, mainly due to the injuries he's had, the last one in particular was a freak, horrible injury.  He's not had much luck.

When he came back before the leg break, I thought he looked great and added something to our midfield. Have been hoping he'd do the same this time and let us see what he's like within Siva's team