October 22, 2019, 11:25:10 PM

Author Topic: [News]McCarthy could be on verge of Celtic move  (Read 6685 times)

January 17, 2019, 03:57:21 PM
Read 6685 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
McCarthy could be on verge of Celtic move

It has been claimed today that James McCarthy is on the verge of a move from Everton to Celtic as Sky Sports reporter and all-round transfer enthusiast Jim White states on his radio show. McCarthy has struggled to find a way back into the first team since returning from an horrific injury that saw him […]

Source: McCarthy could be on verge of Celtic move

January 17, 2019, 04:07:38 PM
Reply #1

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

I've always liked McCarthy, but if we need to make a bit of space then we're not going to miss him too much, and he will be a great fit up there - especially with Scott Brown approaching 34. So if he goes, good look to the lad, he'll always get a thumbs up from me for his effort and tenacity and 100% commitment in a blue shirt.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 04:09:10 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

January 17, 2019, 04:30:11 PM
Reply #2

di_guyo

Could be a good move for him, this. He will be a quality player in that league. I still think he could offer something in the Prem, but Celtic does make a lot of sense for him.
Everton & Atleti

January 17, 2019, 05:16:40 PM
Reply #3

Cereal Killer

Let's hope it doesn't end up as another loan.... we'll have as many players out on loan as Chelsea, except ours would be shit that nobody wants to buy rather than youngsters with potential....

January 17, 2019, 05:35:35 PM
Reply #4

Waltzer

Loans dont help, he goes permanently or keep him, I don't see the benefit to us

January 17, 2019, 05:36:33 PM
Reply #5

Macca77

Loans dont help, he goes permanently or keep him, I don't see the benefit to us

Celtic can't afford him on a permanent deal

January 17, 2019, 05:37:48 PM
Reply #6

Waltzer

Celtic can't afford him on a permanent deal

Thats not our issue, ship him out to someone that can. I doubt they can afford his wages either so dont really see the point in this, if it is true?

January 17, 2019, 05:54:35 PM
Reply #7

mikey_blue

Thats not our issue, ship him out to someone that can. I doubt they can afford his wages either so dont really see the point in this, if it is true?

More likely just getting him off the wage bill for 6 months, get his fitness up by actually playing games and sell him in the summer.

January 17, 2019, 05:58:02 PM
Reply #8

Waltzer

More likely just getting him off the wage bill for 6 months, get his fitness up by actually playing games and sell him in the summer.

Hes on double what their current top earner is, if he goes there we'd be paying at least half his wages. There are teams in the Prem that would pay him in full and be crying out for someone like him

January 17, 2019, 06:09:42 PM
Reply #9

Shogun

Administrator
Called it

Be at Celtic ASAP

We'll shift McCarthy as well, probably to Celtic on loan.

Would also like to go record to say I reckon he's a bit of a bell and never put his heart into Everton. He's probably rejected PL Clubs coming in for him for this loan as well.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:17:53 PM by Shogun »

January 17, 2019, 06:59:53 PM
Reply #10

Juanito

Looked a great player with huge potential in his first season but never was able to take the game by the scruff of the neck yet seemed to have the potential to do so. Same complaint with the national team.

January 17, 2019, 07:10:50 PM
Reply #11

Gash

Global Moderator

January 17, 2019, 07:23:48 PM
Reply #12

Lxxx

He's far better than Celtic.

Is he? No-one really knows it's been so long since he managed to string a few games together. This will get him in the shop window in a less physically demanding league, so less chance of him breaking down again. He might even play through the pain barrier too in that shirt.

January 17, 2019, 07:24:23 PM
Reply #13

Shogun

Administrator
He's far better than Celtic.

Supports them though, even pictured at their matches in recent years.

There's no doubt him and his agent have made this happen. I'm pretty sure Crystal Palace were/are all over him.

January 17, 2019, 07:44:01 PM
Reply #14

kramer0

Loans do help. Subtracting wages from what we're currently paying is a good thing.

Also, don't underestimate how hard it must be for Brands to sell some of these players. Especially McCarthy, who's hardly been fit for the past three seasons.