Reply #2

Zoolander

NSNO Subscriber
Nice

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums

January 19, 2019, 12:48:36 AM
Reply #3

boothill

The way he took that goal on the run on sunday was pure class,  just need to get him to do it more often,  its obviously there

Sent from my FLOW_5 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 19, 2019, 12:55:50 AM
Reply #4

kramer0

He's proven many times that he's good enough to be on the pitch for us.

Play him a lot, deal with the odd stinker, watch him grow into a quality player.

January 19, 2019, 01:00:20 AM
Reply #5

Waltzer

He's proven many times that he's good enough to be on the pitch for us.

Play him a lot, deal with the odd stinker, watch him grow into a quality player.
It's that consistency thing though as I think he's proven many more times he's not good enough to be on the pitch for us.

Hope I'm wrong, as I am with any Everton player im critical of, but A BT award won't change my opinion of him yet

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 19, 2019, 01:03:52 AM
Reply #6

kramer0

It's that consistency thing though

A.K.A. being 21 in a strong league.

He's not going to sort his consistency playing sporadically. You need to roll with him through the bad stuff to get to the fully formed player on the other side.

Remember everyone -- Rooney was the exception, not the rule.

January 19, 2019, 01:05:19 AM
Reply #7

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Love him, hope he gets a chance here.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 19, 2019, 01:07:36 AM
Reply #8

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
It's that consistency thing though

Yet you rate McCarthy....who is probably the most inconsistent player we have.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 19, 2019, 01:23:44 AM
Reply #9

toshyboy

January 19, 2019, 01:31:27 AM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm hoping DCL ends up in my worst Everton shouts mentions in a few years.

January 19, 2019, 01:49:54 AM
Reply #11

KoemansNumberTens

A.K.A. being 21 in a strong league.

He's not going to sort his consistency playing sporadically. You need to roll with him through the bad stuff to get to the fully formed player on the other side.

Remember everyone -- Rooney was the exception, not the rule.

The likes of Rooney and Owen are the exception but then thatís why they played. Thereís not many players with such inconsistencies that play regular for decent teams

January 19, 2019, 01:56:10 AM
Reply #12

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
His goal took a deflection the other week btw.

Not too sure it was on target.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 19, 2019, 02:20:05 AM
Reply #13

kramer0

The likes of Rooney and Owen are the exception but then thatís why they played. Thereís not many players with such inconsistencies that play regular for decent teams

Which is the real reason why Premier League teams are terrible at developing players. It's not because the country's young players aren't good enough or because we don't have B teams playing in the lower leagues. It's because PL clubs are too scared to develop them on their own.

I get the argument for relegation battlers because relegation is costly. And title contenders are going to do whatever they please spending-wise. But say you're a comfortable mid-table club, not anywhere close to the top sides, and you have a few young players that show a lot of promise but still have rough edges. What do you have to lose by playing them? If even one of those players develops some consistency with regular game time, the money you might lose from a lower league position will be more than offset by the money you save not having to buy an expensive player in the next transfer window.

My hope for us every year is that the board and manager will get on the same page and risk a few points here and there to develop the talent we have and every year it's the same shit, trotting out at least one or two average guys who are never going to be part of a successful Everton team when there are players with genuine promise hanging around, getting the odd game here or there but mostly sitting on their asses.

To Silva's credit, he's worked out that Calvert-Lewin is better than Tosun (I don't care who the better finisher is, no defender in this league is remotely troubled marking Tosun) and he might finally be coming around on Lookman. But we've wasted too many minutes on Tosun and a declining Walcott and for what? So we can spend a lot more money on forwards this summer and still not know how good the guys we already have are?

Silva would win me over big time if he committed to giving regular minutes to the "good enough" kids for the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 02:24:06 AM by kramer0 »

January 19, 2019, 02:24:20 AM
Reply #14

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
His goal took a deflection the other week btw.

Not too sure it was on target.

Yeah, I don't think it would've beaten the keeper without it the deflection as the keeper looked in good position to cover it then had to adjust. Didn't see the angle in terms of whether the deflection put it on target.