March 21, 2019, 03:29:56 PM

Author Topic: [News]Silva: Not the right conditions to bring in players  (Read 1705 times)

January 19, 2019, 11:48:54 PM
Read 1705 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Silva: Not the right conditions to bring in players

Everton boss Marco Silva says that the conditions in January are not conducive to buying players and that Everton fans should not expect any incomings this month.

Source: Silva: Not the right conditions to bring in players

January 19, 2019, 11:57:17 PM
Reply #1

BlueForYou

OK - recondition the players we have, then
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 20, 2019, 12:00:23 AM
Reply #2

Mac934

So Mr Silva, what are the right conditions? When we are further down the league table, or when you've somehow miraculously done a Fat Sam and got us up to 8th?

January 20, 2019, 12:02:11 AM
Reply #3

Toffee1

I knew either wrong snow and leaves on the fax machine would be to blame.

January 20, 2019, 12:10:11 AM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

To be fair January is usually the time for sides in real trouble to gamble on someone that's not getting a game somewhere else. No reason why we can't go for an experienced striker to tide us over and maybe play a part in a cup run though.
 Otherwise it's going to be grim for the foreseeable.

January 20, 2019, 12:10:52 AM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

So Mr Silva, what are the right conditions? When we are further down the league table, or when you've somehow miraculously done a Fat Sam and got us up to 8th?

The message was from the board, not Silva. He just relayed it to the media. ‘Not the right financial conditions’ I think was the wording.

But crack on with slagging Silva off for it. Seems to be in keeping with the mood.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 20, 2019, 12:15:20 AM
Reply #6

BlueBeagle

Perfectly happy not to waste money in this window but there's got to be some kind of improvement with the current squad

January 20, 2019, 12:19:18 AM
Reply #7

Waltzer

To be fair he probably right, financially and team morale wise. During the summer we could maybe attract a better calibre of player and say we're gonna give it a serious go, now we'd just get laughed at, even more. Plus it's difficult to see where we start, why does every other team seem to do better with change than us, we seem to be stuck in some shit, treacle, time warp where no matter what you do, nothing changes

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 20, 2019, 01:02:20 AM
Reply #8

eyesalwaysblue

More like Moshiri's shut the Wallet for now and who could blame him..Ally Campbell spin from Silva..
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2019, 01:08:50 AM
Reply #9

SANA_DR0

The message was from the board, not Silva. He just relayed it to the media. ‘Not the right financial conditions’ I think was the wording.

But crack on with slagging Silva off for it. Seems to be in keeping with the mood.

yep msg from the board, we have literally spent 300 million ish (360 I think the total is) on players since Moshiri took over.

why would he want to spunk more money, when we seem to be going no were at all or even backwards in some fans eyes.

lower 'level' teams seem to have got good value for money, and made a TEAM with less than half of what we have spent.

I like Silva, but I doubt he has the tactical ability to turn things round, or even set us up to play differently or to our strengths.

its starting to look a lot like Martinez V 2.0... least Martinez had a pretty good first 18 months.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 20, 2019, 01:10:17 AM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

In before the Martinez shou....

Oh, I’m too late. Bugger.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 20, 2019, 01:25:47 AM
Reply #11

eyesalwaysblue

yep msg from the board, we have literally spent 300 million ish (360 I think the total is) on players since Moshiri took over.

why would he want to spunk more money, when we seem to be going no were at all or even backwards in some fans eyes.

lower 'level' teams seem to have got good value for money, and made a TEAM with less than half of what we have spent.

I like Silva, but I doubt he has the tactical ability to turn things round, or even set us up to play differently or to our strengths.

its starting to look a lot like Martinez V 2.0... least Martinez had a pretty good first 18 months.
Very Koeman like as well basically blaming the players by saying he needs more but "conditions" not being right bollocks, we were as bad as it gets and wouldn't blame a single player, just naive, pedestrian, unimaginative tactical shite from a manager who's starting to look as many feared he would.. Moshiri fired a warning shot last week, hope he's re loaded.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2019, 01:30:00 AM
Reply #12

Waltzer

Very Koeman like as well basically blaming the players by saying he needs more but "conditions" not being right bollocks, we were as bad as it gets and wouldn't blame a single player, just naive, pedestrian, unimaginative tactical shite from a manager who's starting to look as many feared he would.. Moshiri fired a warning shot last week, hope he's re loaded.
What good would that do? Imo we need a bit of stability and need to stick with Silva, plus you need to take into account the last 3 managers have all been Moshiris pick, what makes you think he's do any better next time?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 20, 2019, 01:31:52 AM
Reply #13

Thomas

Someone is going all in for Marco. I hope your right pal because its not looking great at the moment.
Not at all interested in being popular

Very interested in saying/doing what's right for Everton FC.

We may agree/disagree but its all about opinions/debate and thats what makes football/supporting Everton amazing.

January 20, 2019, 01:33:12 AM
Reply #14

Martip

Can't blame moshiri for not chucking more money at this atm until Silva shows him signs that he's the man to spend it.