October 20, 2019, 11:59:42 PM

Author Topic: [News]Silva: Not the right conditions to bring in players  (Read 2382 times)

January 20, 2019, 01:37:19 AM
Reply #15

eyesalwaysblue

What good would that do? Imo we need a bit of stability and need to stick with Silva, plus you need to take into account the last 3 managers have all been Moshiris pick, what makes you think he's do any better next time?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

I think he's gone along, i'm pinning me hopes on Brands finding more than players now, maybe desperate but who knows, we do have a stable and consistent level of pure shite for a few years now, and sorry but the guy seems fucking tactically clueless.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2019, 01:51:46 AM
Reply #16

sam of the south

In before the Martinez shou....

Oh, I’m too late. Bugger.

Yeah, that is the laziest comparison going.

Their approach to the game is totally different.

Neither approach has fully inspired me yet, granted, but they were still different.

Martinez’ was all about keeping the ball and endlesslesy searching to manufacture forward passing openings through lateral passing but no pressing, and Silva’s thus far has been about getting into crossing positions and then pressuring the opposition full-backs when they have the ball out wide.

I think.

I don’t know, I’m kinda losing interest.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2019, 01:51:53 AM
Reply #17

SANA_DR0

Someone is going all in for Marco. I hope your right pal because its not looking great at the moment.

we have been abysmal since start of December.. I guess its ok for Evertonians to be content with crap performances losses to those at the bottom of the league and below us...

I like Marco, I wanted him in, but during this run he has shown he ineptitude at changing players/formations, let alone making changes during a game, which he does around the 60 min mark, when everyone can see what the issues are in the first half.

I hope he turns it round, and if he doesn't, I wish we bring in an experienced manager, not someone who wants has Everton as their biggest job on their resume.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 20, 2019, 01:55:06 AM
Reply #18

Bluedylan

Someone is going all in for Marco. I hope your right pal because its not looking great at the moment.

Hardly going all in for Marco. Just pointing out a factual error in that post. If people are going to slag him off, slag him off for summat that's actually his fault.

People can criticise the manager for his performance. That's sound. It'd be weird if they didn't, and six months or so is enough time to ask questions.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 20, 2019, 02:01:42 AM
Reply #19

SANA_DR0

Yeah, that is the laziest comparison going.

Their approach to the game is totally different.

Neither approach has fully inspired me yet, granted, but they were still different.

Martinez’ was all about keeping the ball and endlesslesy searching to manufacture forward passing openings through lateral passing but no pressing, and Silva’s thus far has been about getting into crossing positions and then pressuring the opposition full-backs when they have the ball out wide.

I think.

I don’t know, I’m kinda losing interest.

that's what we do, lateral and backwards passing going no were, we have so much possession but the last 2 maybe 3 games no shots on target in the first half.

yes we press now and Martinezs' team didn't.

its not a lazy comparison as I said we pass endlessly going no were, hell ive seen us in the attacking half then pass all the way back to the keeper countless times.

its like Schneiderlin coaches our midfielders and defenders the art of passing.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 20, 2019, 02:04:36 AM
Reply #20

sam of the south

that's what we do, lateral and backwards passing going no were, we have so much possession but the last 2 maybe 3 games no shots on target in the first half.

its not a lazy comparison as I said we pass endlessly going no were, hell ive seen us in the attacking half then pass all the way back to the keeper countless times.

It is pretty lazy, Martinez was mainly about working it methodically through the middle, and Silva seems to want us to create situations where we break at pace down the flanks and sling crosses in
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2019, 02:10:00 AM
Reply #21

eyesalwaysblue

The last line filled me with the fear of  Christ, when you get visions like that please keep them to yourself mate, we have enough to cope with.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2019, 04:21:13 AM
Reply #22

Lxxx

It’s not really lazy when people spot a similar ‘style over substance’ and tactical naivety in two of our last four managers.

It’s a very relevant observation, nothing to do with their latin backgrounds or handsome features.

Some fans are just fearful that history may be repeating. At one of the most critical times in our history.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:36:54 AM by Lxxx »

January 20, 2019, 04:32:49 AM
Reply #23

Thomas

Can't blame moshiri for not chucking more money at this atm until Silva shows him signs that he's the man to spend it.

Thats a good read of the situation I never thought of that.

January 20, 2019, 04:36:38 AM
Reply #24

Ramjam

It is pretty lazy, Martinez was mainly about working it methodically through the middle, and Silva seems to want us to create situations where we break at pace down the flanks and sling crosses in
Yet he plays our best winger at centre forward, confusing to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 20, 2019, 04:41:04 AM
Reply #25

Thomas

Bit of a 'basic' question but what I cant understand is, if he did that at Watford and it (mostly) worked and it nearly worked at Hull, why isn't it working with better players? 

Also are we over egging it to say if we go away to Brighton and Southampton we should win? I think we should but no easy games these days.

January 20, 2019, 04:54:54 AM
Reply #26

sam of the south

Bit of a 'basic' question but what I cant understand is, if he did that at Watford and it (mostly) worked and it nearly worked at Hull, why isn't it working with better players? 

Also are we over egging it to say if we go away to Brighton and Southampton we should win? I think we should but no easy games these days.

It’s a good question.

I know that Watford certainly had/have far more physical and energetic players than us, particularly in midfield and up top, and the Hull players probably just had a big new manager bounce, particularly with Silva’s huge attention to detail inspiring them all.

Also, our expectation levels are way above both of those clubs.

And no, we shouldn’t expect to routinely win at Brighton and Southampton.

This is our all time record against Southampton
Games won:   48
Games drawn:   22
Games lost:   31

And this is our all time record against Brighton
Games won:   7
Games drawn:   5
Games lost:   3

And considering we’ve always been ‘superior’ to both those clubs we barely have a 50% win record against either.

Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2019, 04:58:36 AM
Reply #27

Thomas

It’s a good question.

I know that Watford certainly had/have far more physical and energetic players than us, particularly in midfield and up top, and the Hull players probably just had a big new manager bounce, particularly with Silva’s huge attention to detail inspiring them all.

Also, our expectation levels are way above both of those clubs.

And no, we shouldn’t expect to routinely win at Brighton and Southampton.

This is our all time record against Southampton
Games won:   48
Games drawn:   22
Games lost:   31

And this is our all time record against Brighton
Games won:   7
Games drawn:   5
Games lost:   3

And considering we’ve always been ‘superior’ to both those clubs we barely have a 50% win record against either.

Wow. Good facts there pal. Dose of reality. Shocking how shit we are vs Southampton. It was 4-1 to them last year right?

The other points you make is sure its probably down to getting the balance. Maybe poor form as others have said too.

Finally is it me lad or can you just not define where we are going at the minute? Up, Down, Forwards, Backwards, Sideways.....over the Irish sea even? Its all a bit flat.

January 20, 2019, 05:12:03 AM
Reply #28

sam of the south

Wow. Good facts there pal. Dose of reality. Shocking how shit we are vs Southampton. It was 4-1 to them last year right?

The other points you make is sure its probably down to getting the balance. Maybe poor form as others have said too.

Finally is it me lad or can you just not define where we are going at the minute? Up, Down, Forwards, Backwards, Sideways.....over the Irish sea even? Its all a bit flat.

Off the pitch we are certainly moving forward, getting more professional, organised, and progressive in every area.

On the pitch it has certainly looked better than last year when it’s clicked, which has occured on more occasions than most would admit on here; OK, we haven’t had a flawless 90 minute performance, but what side outside of the Top 6 does?

I think Gomes was covering for Sigurdsson’s/Silva’s positional failings when he was playing well up until The Derby, but since he has nosedived so have our team performances, and our midfield has been exposed as the barely functioning thing that it actually is.

It also doesn’t help that our most potent player, Richarlison, is being played as the striker which has nullified his threat and stunted us as an attacking unit.
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2019, 05:14:43 AM
Reply #29

Thomas

Off the pitch we are certainly moving forward, getting more professional, organised, and progressive in every area.

On the pitch it has certainly looked better than last year when it’s clicked, which has occured on more occasions than most would admit on here; OK, we haven’t had a flawless 90 minute performance, but what side outside of the Top 6 does?

I think Gomes was covering for Sigurdsson’s/Silva’s positional failings when he was playing well up until The Derby, but since he has nosedived so have our team performances, and our midfield has been exposed as the barely functioning thing that it actually is.

It also doesn’t help that our most potent player, Richarlison, is being played as the striker which has nullified his threat and stunted us as an attacking unit.

Aye our 'lynchpin' and goal threat have dissapeared. Gomes form has dipped so badly you wonder if he is even good, which he is, but your like what is going on.

The only other thing that sprung to mind about our off the pitch vs on the pitch stuff - when City got all that money and had Mark Hughes where did they finish?