October 16, 2019, 01:50:50 PM

Author Topic: [News]Silva: We have to fight  (Read 2543 times)

January 20, 2019, 12:18:18 AM
Read 2543 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Silva: We have to fight

Everton boss Marco Silva says his side lacked fight against Southampton and that as the season goes on they will have to show more aggression and determination to win points.

Source: Silva: We have to fight

January 20, 2019, 12:20:47 AM
Reply #1

Waltzer

Read this at first glance and thought it said 'Silva: We have no fight', which would've been more accurate

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 20, 2019, 12:28:35 AM
Reply #2

Macca77

Need players than can fight, none of ours are capable

January 20, 2019, 01:04:21 AM
Reply #3

eyesalwaysblue

I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 20, 2019, 01:15:30 AM
Reply #4

gizzblue

Think he's bang on the money tbh. ...we were second best all over the park today...they all need to be a bit more aggressive.

The one thing I will say for Davies is he's a snide who works hard ....we could have done with that today .
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 01:22:12 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

January 20, 2019, 01:18:42 AM
Reply #5

SANA_DR0

the players can fight, from the looks of them they don't understand the plan or idea that Silva is trying to put across.

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 20, 2019, 01:48:30 AM
Reply #6

BlueForYou

No determination - yep, gotta fight like dogs, Marco

A Den of Lions next week - a good place to start
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 20, 2019, 02:16:58 AM
Reply #7

everton1952

Fought last week and won against a good side, so why not today? I don't know. I wish Marco knew.

January 20, 2019, 02:22:34 AM
Reply #8

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I’ve noticed a number of times this season during games or at half time that he’s clearly had a go at the team for being too passive.

From aggression in pressing up front, tackles in midfield (eg for all Gueyes tackles he is small so sometimes is too easily knocked out the way, as happened today), or the CBs allowing the opposition attack too easy a time when controlling passes into them.

We lose lots of 50:50s too, happened quite a lot last week where a their player was in a poor position but we don’t come out with the ball.

January 20, 2019, 02:22:49 AM
Reply #9

School of Science

Think he's bang on the money tbh. ...we were second best all over the park today...they all need to be a bit more aggressive.

The one thing I will say for Davies is he's a snide who works hard ....we could have done with that today .

Been like that most of the season, soon as the opposition throw a few tackles in we vanish.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 20, 2019, 02:25:51 AM
Reply #10

sam of the south

I’ve noticed a number of times this season during games or at half time that he’s clearly had a go at the team for being too passive.

From aggression in pressing up front, tackles in midfield (eg for all Gueyes tackles he is small so sometimes is too easily knocked out the way, as happened today), or the CBs allowing the opposition attack too easy a time when controlling passes into them.

We lose lots of 50:50s too, happened quite a lot last week where a their player was in a poor position but we don’t come out with the ball.

Yes, I’ve noticed how we’re second to lose balls more often than not
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2019, 02:34:51 AM
Reply #11

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yes, I’ve noticed how we’re second to lose balls more often than not

It’s not like the players don’t work hard.

But Sigurdsson is “nice”, Gueye isn’t that big as said but is also “nice” for a DM. Keane, apart from walloping that guy when he lost the ball last week, seems “nice”.

The PL is still physical.

Look at City when Ferndinho isn’t there, or Kompany.

Even Aguero is really, really strong for his size.

L’pool, Spurs are obviously aggressive in a good way mostly.

Arsenal have struggled with this since they were the opposite of what they became.

Seems like Sarri is saying the same things re Chelsea.

As I said, just examples, but Sig and Gueye do huge amounts of running. Can’t fault their effort at all.

But we’d be better if we had a unit in the attacking third and a massive grock, who teams had to run 10 yards further to get round, in midfield.

It’s this type of balance that can suddenly change the performance of the other players.

January 20, 2019, 02:41:37 AM
Reply #12

sam of the south

It’s not like the players don’t work hard.

But Sigurdsson is “nice”, Gueye isn’t that big as said but is also “nice” for a DM. Keane, apart from walloping that guy when he lost the ball last week, seems “nice”.

The PL is still physical.

Look at City when Ferndinho isn’t there, or Kompany.

Even Aguero is really, really strong for his size.

L’pool, Spurs are obviously aggressive in a good way mostly.

Arsenal have struggled with this since they were the opposite of what they became.

Seems like Sarri is saying the same things re Chelsea.

As I said, just examples, but Sig and Gueye do huge amounts of running. Can’t fault their effort at all.

But we’d be better if we had a unit in the attacking third and a massive grock, who teams had to run 10 yards further to get round, in midfield.

It’s this type of balance that can suddenly change the performance of the other players.

Dost, Carvalho, and Nzonzi it is then ;)
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau

January 20, 2019, 02:49:17 AM
Reply #13

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Dost, Carvalho, and Nzonzi it is then ;)

Ha yes.

You’ve got to be able to move generally too though ;)

January 20, 2019, 02:54:27 AM
Reply #14

sam of the south

Ha yes.

You’ve got to be able to move generally too though ;)

Ay, there’s the rub
Henry David Thoreau