October 20, 2019, 11:38:46 PM

Author Topic: Millwall v Everton  (Read 18078 times)

January 26, 2019, 02:59:46 AM
Reply #75

Macca77

Easy win this

January 26, 2019, 03:02:33 AM
Reply #76

kramer0

Gomes-Sigurdsson is a poor midfield pairing with or without three CBs. I'm not convinced that either of them have any idea where their teammates are most times they receive the ball, which is why you see both players play the ball right back where it came from so much (even when they're under no pressure). It's a waste because you do get some moments of real quality when they can be bothered to turn and try something. They should both be embarrassed at how often Gana and the CBs are forced to try to make something happen during build-ups.

For this match, I'd like to see Mina at CB (needs games, don't care if he's a risk to get sent off), Baines at LB (best passer at the club, waning athleticism won't be exposed in this one), and Gana-Davies-Bernard in the middle (Davies to bring some extra grit, Bernard to cause problems in the space between their midfield and defense).

January 26, 2019, 03:06:58 AM
Reply #77

Mayor Farnum

Play a full strength team. There's fifteen or so largely meaningless league games to experiment with formations and partnerships. Let's try and salvage some joy from this season.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 26, 2019, 03:13:09 AM
Reply #78

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hi mate. What is control the midfield?

Like when gueye makes 490 tackles over 90 minutes and Andre Gomes looks off into the distance in a very thoughtful way.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 26, 2019, 03:15:41 AM
Reply #79

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Like when gueye makes 490 tackles over 90 minutes and Andre Gomes looks off into the distance in a very thoughtful way.

Donít want Andre Gomes anywhere near that pitch tomorrow.

Get West derbys finest in there.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 26, 2019, 03:20:30 AM
Reply #80

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít want Andre Gomes anywhere near that pitch tomorrow.

Get West derbys finest in there.

Haha maybe if we had gueye and McCarthy snapping people behind him.

They are going to be bad grocks, and I donít want anyone important anywhere near them but unfortunately we gotta win the fucker.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 26, 2019, 03:29:01 AM
Reply #81

Martip

Yerry in for this one I reckon

January 26, 2019, 03:36:36 AM
Reply #82

Mayor Farnum

Haha maybe if we had gueye and McCarthy snapping people behind him.

They are going to be bad grocks, and I donít want anyone important anywhere near them but unfortunately we gotta win the fucker.

You can't just kick better teams off the park these days.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 26, 2019, 03:53:00 AM
Reply #83

School of Science

Play a full strength team. There's fifteen or so largely meaningless league games to experiment with formations and partnerships. Let's try and salvage some joy from this season.

Exactly right, will not be happy if Silva puts a weakened team out and we go out.
Sick of season being over in January.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

January 26, 2019, 04:24:39 AM
Reply #84

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
You can't just kick good teams off the park these days.

January 26, 2019, 04:40:27 AM
Reply #85

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Should win this really. Will take a replay if need be and if that is still even a thing these days. Season is over if we go out

It's nice to have that FA Cup hope isn't it

Early 2 goal lead would be nice. Just don't fancy our chances if we are chasing the game
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 26, 2019, 04:50:53 AM
Reply #86

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Lot of outdated stereotypes about Millwall and their fans.

Theyíre all a bunch of minges these days.

January 26, 2019, 05:13:45 AM
Reply #87

Alanvideo

Had a look on the Millwall forums ,they going on about ' little firms ' coming out of the flats etc. and worried about blocks of scousers in the home end. One of them is upset because Wolves ' was walking round untouched ' It's like reading a script from the Football Factory.  ::)
We are special ,we are Everton.

January 26, 2019, 05:23:36 AM
Reply #88

Ross

Interview with a 6'4'' grock form Millwall

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/24/millwall-everton-fa-cup-jake-cooper-interview

Surely nothing more inevitable than a goal from a set piece tomorrow is there?
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 26, 2019, 06:17:33 AM
Reply #89

sam of the south

Gomes-Sigurdsson is a poor midfield pairing with or without three CBs. I'm not convinced that either of them have any idea where their teammates are most times they receive the ball, which is why you see both players play the ball right back where it came from so much (even when they're under no pressure). It's a waste because you do get some moments of real quality when they can be bothered to turn and try something. They should both be embarrassed at how often Gana and the CBs are forced to try to make something happen during build-ups.

For this match, I'd like to see Mina at CB (needs games, don't care if he's a risk to get sent off), Baines at LB (best passer at the club, waning athleticism won't be exposed in this one), and Gana-Davies-Bernard in the middle (Davies to bring some extra grit, Bernard to cause problems in the space between their midfield and defense).

So, something like this, then..

Pickford
             Coleman Mina Zouma Baines
                          Gana Davies
             Lookman Bernard Richarlison
                               DCL
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau