October 23, 2019, 06:28:21 PM

Author Topic: Millwall v Everton  (Read 18250 times)

January 27, 2019, 01:44:26 AM
Reply #525

Sixx1402

I'm not surprised at this result in the slightest

I actually thought we'd lose 2 or 3 nil just didn't want to say anything as the atmosphere in here has been pretty dire recently

It was always going to be a tough game at a ground like that, with a shithouse pitch and the weather, it is what it is

And we were robbed to be fair, just one of those days

But the team has to massively improve and Silva HAS to start motivating these players better, there's no fight since that derby defeat, heads totally gone since then, it's no coincidence
Ahh.....Boucheenie i presume

January 27, 2019, 01:44:49 AM
Reply #526

sam of the south

You would think a club of our standing would have the midfield to control the game against a side like Millwall and create a fair few chances
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

January 27, 2019, 01:45:44 AM
Reply #527

KingdingalingNL

I think I am going to stop watching for a while, time away from this shit! Canít stand watching it at the moment and canít see anything changing without some serious shake up. Tactics are shit the players show no heart, just look at how many loose balls fall to opposition players week in week out, is it a coincedance or is it just that the opposition players are just trying more. We head the ball up in the air too many times fail to control the ball countless times. Itís not just today or the past weeks this has been all this season. Why also do we never seem to be able to grasp the very simple triangle??? When a player is on the ball he walks towards the opposition and finds himself with less space to play the ball than he started out with, the other teams players donít even need to close us down our players do it for them. Why when a player is on the ball are there no players constantly creating space and giving the player on the ball an option to play to him? Simple triangles that you learn at amateur level, there is so much wrong at the moment I just cannot see it being turned around anytime soon.

January 27, 2019, 01:46:38 AM
Reply #528

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone saying that we were poor going forward is spouting utter crap. To score 2 goals in those conditions is a good effort. This loss comes SOLELY down to poor defending.

We are struggling massively at the back and Silva doesn't seem to have the answers. The players also need to look in the mirror at how they are playing, as this isn't just Marco's doing by any stretch.

January 27, 2019, 01:46:47 AM
Reply #529

bluenuck

Iíve lost patience.

Should we be dropping Gana for these types of games where we have all the ball and the only threat to us are set pieces???

January 27, 2019, 01:47:26 AM
Reply #530

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
It's a shame that Digne gave away those free kicks, over the season he's been one of the few bright sparks and he's been a great signing.

I like Richarlison, there is potential there for more. Definitely needs to be kept out wide though.

Gueye is dependable.

So many problems all around the rest of the pitch though. Our midfield is so out of sorts. I dislike all our striking options. Then there is the defence who seemingly can't defend a set piece.

January 27, 2019, 01:47:50 AM
Reply #531

sam of the south

We play with absolutely no tempo to our game when we are playing it out from the back or through midfield
ďI went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.Ē
Henry David Thoreau

January 27, 2019, 01:49:07 AM
Reply #532

TSGun

Oh well, that's the FA Cup and all its drama.

Glad Tosun scored.

January 27, 2019, 01:49:15 AM
Reply #533

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Everyone saying that we were poor going forward is spouting utter crap. To score 2 goals in those conditions is a good effort. This loss comes SOLELY down to poor defending.

We are struggling massively at the back and Silva doesn't seem to have the answers. The players also need to look in the mirror at how they are playing, as this isn't just Marco's doing by any stretch.

Thought we were poor going forward for a good chunk of the game. I mean the first goal is a bit of a fluke. I really don't think DCL has any business starting ahead of Tosun.

January 27, 2019, 01:51:32 AM
Reply #534

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Just feels that absolutely nothing is working at the moment

The zonal marking isn't working. We're not adapting to it at all

We don't move the ball fast enough, we've got no protection from central midfield for the defence

We aren't clinical at all and have no shape in the attack

It may be slightly prettier than the Allardyce football but only just

My fear now is that the season will fade out, we will spend millions in the summer, start next season badly and sack Silva in December/Jan next year and be even further behind the pack we are trying to chase
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

January 27, 2019, 01:52:13 AM
Reply #535

Shogun

Administrator
We play with absolutely no tempo to our game when we are playing it out from the back or through midfield

We can't play it through midfield because Gana can't play a through ball and Sigurdsson doesn't want anything to do with the ball unless it's in the final third.

Instead we just put it out wide and whip in a cross or float in a cross if it's Coleman.

All very predictable.

I think we're actually quite good defensively from open play but we need to fix the Gana/Sigurdsson problem and obviously the set pieces.

January 27, 2019, 01:52:41 AM
Reply #536

Fieldy618

I don't agree with you unfortunately mate, to have that little amount of shots on target against a championship team that doesn't even have their full strength team out is seriously worrying. Our inability to control or create anything in midfield is also really worrying.

January 27, 2019, 01:54:13 AM
Reply #537

sam of the south

We can't play it through midfield because Gana can't play a through ball and Sigurdsson doesn't want anything to do with the ball unless it's in the final third.

Instead we just put it out wide and whip in a cross or float in a cross if it's Coleman.

All very predictable.

I think we're actually quite good defensively from open play but we need to fix the Gana/Sigurdsson problem and obviously the set pieces.

Absolutely.

Gomesí good performances were glossing over this previously, but now he has lost his touch as well.
Henry David Thoreau

January 27, 2019, 01:56:17 AM
Reply #538

Waltzer

You could apply this to every game I've seen recently

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 27, 2019, 01:58:07 AM
Reply #539

KoemansNumberTens

Here it is lads.

Least you finally admitted it.

Why would I not admit it. I was sticking in hope but this is fucking shite. The set piece thing is ridiculous. Itís like turning up and declaring you want right footers on the left wing and insisting they all learn the new skill. Silva alone has butchered our set piece defending. Heís meant to make us better