March 26, 2019, 10:06:42 PM

Author Topic: [News]PSG step up pursuit of Gana Gueye  (Read 15864 times)

January 28, 2019, 07:49:45 AM
Reply #75

TheTone

Yup sold on the last day for an undisclosed as Moshiri tries to get back some of the cash he has wasted so far, replaced with noone and they'll spin it saying player wanted to go and we didn't have time to get a replacement in

January 28, 2019, 11:46:50 AM
Reply #76

blue1948

................hmm well on closer inspection shouldn't it have been Brands's ?

No
if the word ends in s then just the apostrophe

January 28, 2019, 12:17:37 PM
Reply #77

Bluedylan

................hmm well on closer inspection shouldn't it have been Brands's ?

Nah, you can just put an apostrophe after the ‘s’ if the word early ends in ‘s’ anyway. So you can say ‘in Brands’ opinion’ rather than ‘in Brands’s opinion’ (although both are equally correct, I think)
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 28, 2019, 01:52:55 PM
Reply #78

Hesmenos

Now that there is an official bid, its not going to be an easy decision. A lot will depend on Gana. He doesn't seem like the kind to kick up a fuss but it is a dream move for him. Gets to move his family back to France and play for one of the biggest teams in Europe.
Where's his head going to be in 2 months time when we are fighting to finish in 10th place and PSG are in a Champions league semi final.
Of course as the price goes up the decision will get easier to make.

January 28, 2019, 01:57:58 PM
Reply #79

Cereal Killer

The chance to boot Neymar up in the air every day at training? How can you turn that down?!

January 28, 2019, 02:21:25 PM
Reply #80

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If they have made an official bid then they will have sorted personal terms with Gueye.

Obviously he’ll want to go, that’s perfectly understandable.

Doubt the price will go much higher as he’s a DM and however useful they are, they don’t attract the same fees as attackers.

If we accept then I’m confident that we think we’ve got a good deal.

Being business like with transfers works when buying and selling.

January 28, 2019, 02:55:11 PM
Reply #81

Waltzer

£21.5m is short of the mark, if we could get £30m for him or Munier and some cash I think it'd be a decent deal all round. Our season is over so we might as well start planning a little further ahead, give Baningime, McCarthy, Davies, Schneiderlin a go in there and see if any of them can take the chance, its pretty much last chance saloon for some of them anyway so they can either prove their worth or do one in the summer

January 28, 2019, 03:45:34 PM
Reply #82

Hesmenos

Watching how ineffectual our midfield is this season, I wonder if the plans for the summer where to upgrade Gana with someone who can do more with the ball. In that case I can't see us getting much more for him. He turns 30 in September, as someone said above, DMs don't cost that much unless they're a bit special. I would argue that Strootman is a better player and he went for about that much.
However if he is in our long term plans and we will be building a midfield around him, we need to tell them to do one.
I just hope Silva has a good plan to cover his loss tactically or we will be in for some thrashings until the end of the season.

January 28, 2019, 06:28:25 PM
Reply #83

Macca77

January 28, 2019, 06:49:47 PM
Reply #84

Shogun

Administrator
Silva said he’s an important player for us hence the rejected bid in his press conference.

I imagine we’ll keep rejecting until the last day.

They’ll be desperate to get him in for CL, he’s the sort of player they’ve been missing.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

January 28, 2019, 06:58:14 PM
Reply #85

Macca77

Sky sports are saying we want 40+ million for him. Guaranteed he won't play tomorrow due to an injury

January 28, 2019, 07:12:24 PM
Reply #86

Bluedylan

Sound. Perfectly normal. Make them pay over the odds if they want him, and have some options lined up to replace.

And if they don’t wanna pay over the odds, keep him and crack on.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 28, 2019, 07:22:12 PM
Reply #87

Lxxx

Haven't got a problem if he goes. He's holding the midfield together at the moment but that's because it's so dysfunctional as a unit. Plan for next season, take a good fee if we're offered one and wish him good luck. He's been great for us but time to find a younger model who is more comfortable with the ball.

January 28, 2019, 07:55:09 PM
Reply #88

blueski

he goes with no replacement coming in and we will see Silva sacked in the summer
Nil Satis

January 29, 2019, 03:41:26 AM
Reply #89

Waltzer

Handed in a transfer request apparently, well he's asked to leave, so as good as

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:42:43 AM by Waltzer »