October 16, 2019, 05:01:06 AM

Author Topic: [News]Richarlison wants Everton to sign a centre forward  (Read 2591 times)

January 23, 2019, 09:42:44 PM
Read 2591 times

NewsBot

Global Moderator
Richarlison wants Everton to sign a centre forward

Everton forward Richarlison says he wants the club to bring in another number 9 as he states that the Premier League demands a strong squad.

Source: Richarlison wants Everton to sign a centre forward

January 23, 2019, 10:10:35 PM
Reply #1

Macca77

I wanna fuck Emma Willis, that's not happening either

January 23, 2019, 10:42:27 PM
Reply #2

kramer0

Or we could just play Calvert-Lewin. That works too.

January 23, 2019, 10:46:51 PM
Reply #3

D15TIN

Or we could just play Calvert-Lewin. That works too.
hes not at the required standard, one decent finish against Bournemouth doesn't change that for me

January 23, 2019, 10:49:18 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

hes not at the required standard, one decent finish against Bournemouth doesn't change that for me

At this point he's right though (I think). Might as well persevere with him for the rest of the season, give him the chance to have good and bad days as part of a learning curve, and hope that the upside is that he really develops in that period, and is a better player for us in the future.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 23, 2019, 11:08:43 PM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If Richarlison moves back to the wing, where does that leave Bernard?

January 23, 2019, 11:09:25 PM
Reply #6

kramer0

I'm skeptical that there are any strikers out there, regardless of whether or not we can afford them, who can fix our inability to control a match by virtue of their hold-up play and movement alone. (Maybe Harry Kane?) No real point spending money on a forward right now when we aren't putting our forwards in a position to succeed.

Fix the midfield and add a right back, let Calvert-Lewin work on his game in the meantime (he actually does alright working off of scraps), then revisit this problem when we have a team that can build attacks and create good chances consistently.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:20:17 PM by kramer0 »

January 23, 2019, 11:11:37 PM
Reply #7

kramer0

If Richarlison moves back to the wing, where does that leave Bernard?

He can still start some on the left (I think Richarlison has played well on the right on the limited occasions he's been asked to) and he should get a shot at Sigurdsson's role as well (this is an experiment that needs to happen).

January 23, 2019, 11:41:55 PM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
He can still start some on the left (I think Richarlison has played well on the right on the limited occasions he's been asked to) and he should get a shot at Sigurdsson's role as well (this is an experiment that needs to happen).

Sigurdsson is clearly divisive, and I'd not be opposed to an experiment, but I'm not sure the distance he covers and the goals he brings would be compensated for by Bernard.

January 23, 2019, 11:48:37 PM
Reply #9

kramer0

Sigurdsson is clearly divisive, and I'd not be opposed to an experiment, but I'm not sure the distance he covers and the goals he brings would be compensated for by Bernard.

No one can say for sure if it would help but this is one of the things that's bothering me about Silva right now. There is no experimenting with the midfield going on even though we get dominated there every match. We have no information besides Gana-Gomes-Sigurdsson (I'm being kind including Sigurdsson since he's basically a forward) is totally fucked. That strikes me as poor problem-solving on his part.

One added thing about Sigurdsson -- what is that distance covered doing for us? I think he does fuck all in terms of helping us get the ball back and I don't think he takes up good positions in attack either. Not all hard work is equal in terms of benefit to the team.

January 24, 2019, 12:11:36 AM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
No one can say for sure if it would help but this is one of the things that's bothering me about Silva right now. There is no experimenting with the midfield going on even though we get dominated there every match. We have no information besides Gana-Gomes-Sigurdsson (I'm being kind including Sigurdsson since he's basically a forward) is totally fucked. That strikes me as poor problem-solving on his part.

One added thing about Sigurdsson -- what is that distance covered doing for us? I think he does fuck all in terms of helping us get the ball back and I don't think he takes up good positions in attack either. Not all hard work is equal in terms of benefit to the team.

If we're not pressing effectively as a team, that has to be on Silva though rather than Sigurdsson surely?

January 24, 2019, 12:12:41 AM
Reply #11

Silas

NSNO Subscriber

January 24, 2019, 12:24:06 AM
Reply #12

gizzblue

Bang on the money Richarlson lad ...we do need a striker .. .although when we actually played a striker earlier in the season we were picking up well more points ...Tosun wasnt scoring many but he was freeing up space for others to attack into ....since we stopped playing a proper forward we have regressed .attacking wise .
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 02:10:45 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

January 24, 2019, 12:35:28 AM
Reply #13

BlueForYou

1) 2019: Silva "We need to be more aggressive"

2) 2019: Richarlison "We need a centre-forward"

1a) Echoes of Koeman, 2017

2a) Echoes of Koeman, 2017

Rotation Rotation

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

January 24, 2019, 12:37:14 AM
Reply #14

sam of the south

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.
Henry David Thoreau