Rooney
Martina
Mangala
Bolasie
Schneiderlein
Williams
Steklenberg
Valencia

Author Topic: Moshiri's Top 3 Worst Signings  (Read 3643 times)

January 25, 2019, 03:04:52 AM
Read 3643 times

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Things have been a bit depressing on here so I thought I'd cheer everyone up by reflecting on the worst signings since we became fuckin' minted.

Define "worst" however you want.

For me it's:

3. Sandro. Someone who has looked utterly shite every time he gets within a foot of a ball.
2. Cuco Martina. Truly an awful footballer in every conceivable way. And that's without being played out of position.
1. Bolasie. Big money for someone who flattered to deceive his whole career. Was mostly crap for us too, then got injured and is now crocked.

With honourable mentions to Williams, Klassen, Schneiderlein, and Cenk.

I also thought Niasse was a Moshiri signing but turns out he arrived just a few weeks earlier. To be fair, nothing says Roberto Martinez more than the signing of Oumar Niasse.

January 25, 2019, 03:14:32 AM
Reply #1

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 25, 2019, 03:15:25 AM
Reply #2

TheTone

Koeman, Walsh and Allardyce

Set us back years this trio of incompetents

January 25, 2019, 03:22:02 AM
Reply #3

Mayor Farnum

Williams, wrong age, no pedigree and no other fucker wanted him.

January 25, 2019, 03:25:04 AM
Reply #4

toshyboy

Ronald Koeman

This and Walsh combined

To be fair to moshiri on the “player signings”  if someone of Koemans standing comes to you and tells u I want x y or z and then Steve Walsh tells u the terms are ok, as a non football man you sign it off. He’s ultimately responsible in general as he hired koeman and Walsh, but they’re to blame for specific poor signings and ridiculous contracts that were given out

January 25, 2019, 03:26:29 AM
Reply #5

KoemansNumberTens

Sigurdsson. Record signing. Performed exactly as expected. Still the wrong type of player, too old and not really good enough

January 25, 2019, 03:28:42 AM
Reply #6

eyesalwaysblue

All pretty shite apart from a couple of over priced average Herberts.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 25, 2019, 03:31:50 AM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
They were not Moshiri signings though were they.

January 25, 2019, 03:36:55 AM
Reply #8

Ramjam

Sigurdsson. Record signing. Performed exactly as expected. Still the wrong type of player, too old and not really good enough
Still our top scorer this season, without his goals we’d be in the mix with the bottom 5 or 6 teams

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 25, 2019, 03:37:29 AM
Reply #9

eyesalwaysblue

They were not Moshiri signings though were they.
No but he might have employed some of the tossers that recommended he  purchase a good few of them.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 25, 2019, 03:46:12 AM
Reply #10

boothill

koeman  BFS  walsh
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 03:48:22 AM by boothill »

January 25, 2019, 03:59:16 AM
Reply #11

Shogun

Administrator
Bolasie would have been an alright signing (though £30m on a player his age was stupid) had he not got injured imo
I never claimed to be a saint

January 25, 2019, 04:00:32 AM
Reply #12

Cozzie

Sandro, Williams and Klaassen.

Those 3 stick out for me.

Still genuinely laugh myself to sleep sometimes at the mere thought of Sandro actually trying to pass himself off as a footballer sometimes. Still haven't seen anything quite like him in the game.

January 25, 2019, 04:03:36 AM
Reply #13

Cozzie

Bolasie would have been an alright signing (though £30m on a player his age was stupid) had he not got injured imo

Agreed. He wasn't brilliant like but showed something at least before his injury.

I always hate the way people get pissed off with said player for being shit when he cost x amount.

That's nothing to do with the player themselves. It's between the two clubs and the representatives. It's not as if Siggurdson asked to cost £45M is it?

January 25, 2019, 04:06:51 AM
Reply #14

blueski

For me the two worst were Klassen and Williams.

Klassen because it was a big fee and totally unproven player with poor scouting thinking he had the remotest of chances of making it here and Williams because he was not quick, was not young, was not widely regarded in the league, was on a decent wedge and there had to be several better options we could have had.

Tosun is a fair shout too also come to think of it because of the fact that it seemed like he was the culmination of a long period of time to solve our problem up top and was touted as a solution when in fact he is at best mediochre, too slow and a poor finisher at this level. The ultimate statement of how poor our player acquisition strategy was.

The rest I think are defensible at least partially
Nil Satis