Rooney
Martina
Mangala
Bolasie
Schneiderlein
Williams
Steklenberg
Valencia

Author Topic: Moshiri's Top 3 Worst Signings  (Read 3856 times)

January 25, 2019, 04:11:39 AM
Reply #15

boothill

Sigurdsson. Record signing. Performed exactly as expected. Still the wrong type of player, too old and not really good enough

isnt gylfis fault we paid that much for him, or made him record buy, i reckon hes been our best player this season too , tbh

January 25, 2019, 04:11:57 AM
Reply #16

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Surely any player signing isnt down to moshiri, if they are then we really are in a mess
Simply simply lovely

January 25, 2019, 04:15:43 AM
Reply #17

Mayor Farnum

I doubt the OP thought Moshiri has had more than a minimal say on who we've bought. By Moshiri's signings he just means the ones since he took over and provided the funds for.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 25, 2019, 04:25:28 AM
Reply #18

KoemansNumberTens

isnt gylfis fault we paid that much for him, or made him record buy, i reckon hes been our best player this season too , tbh

Obviously heís not close to being the worst value. Just feel while others under achieved he did exactly what was expected of him and heís still too old too expensive and a bad fit for the role. None of itís his fault but it was a crazy signing with no real upside. No way heís been our best player in my opinion

January 25, 2019, 04:31:19 AM
Reply #19

Toffee Tuesdays

Klaassen - bizarre to spend so much on a player and then completely write him off after a couple of substitute appearances.

big sam.

Torn between sandro and rooney for the third.  Small fee, albeit high wages for Sandro.  A gamble that didn't pay off.  But trying to  replace Lukaku with Rooney who had one eye on retirement had predictable results and shouldn't have happened.

January 25, 2019, 04:37:57 AM
Reply #20

boothill

Obviously heís not close to being the worst value. Just feel while others under achieved he did exactly what was expected of him and heís still too old too expensive and a bad fit for the role. None of itís his fault but it was a crazy signing with no real upside. No way heís been our best player in my opinion

thats what forums are for bud, to share our opinions. out of curiosity, who in your opinion has been our best player

January 25, 2019, 04:38:48 AM
Reply #21

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
I doubt the OP thought Moshiri has had more than a minimal say on who we've bought. By Moshiri's signings he just means the ones since he took over and provided the funds for.

Yeah Iím not trying to pin blame on Moshiri at all. Can see how it comes across that way though.

January 25, 2019, 04:45:50 AM
Reply #22

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Wow it's all about opinions but Sigurddsson worst signing with that list of players?

January 25, 2019, 04:46:37 AM
Reply #23

Gash

Global Moderator
Has to be Klaassen. Must have cost about £20k a minute the amount we lost on him compared to the minutes he played.

January 25, 2019, 04:49:04 AM
Reply #24

Gash

Global Moderator
Wow it's all about opinions but Sigurddsson worst signing with that list of players?

Don't encourage him, he's already mentioned the fee about 3 billion times in the last 18 months.

January 25, 2019, 04:51:32 AM
Reply #25

boothill

i must have missed something, who was Valencia ?

January 25, 2019, 04:53:03 AM
Reply #26

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
1. Sigurdsson. Hated everything about this signing and still do. To pay 45mil for him when that money was needed elsewhere cemented my view that Koeman and Walsh didnít know what they were doing. Got told it doesnít matter because itís not my money though lol.

2. Bolasie. Again, hated everything about this. Itís like we couldnít be bothered scouting anyone so just plucked Bolasie out because he had a decent season and we could throw money about to sign him. Maybe his career wouldíve been different without the injury but I doubt it.

3 Williams. Was he ever that good for Swansea? Again, represented a lazy, dangerous transfer policy of signing players twenty seven and over on massive deals and weíre paying the price now and will be for a while.

Donít mind signings like klassen and Sandro, I could see the thinking behind them at least, and there was scope for them to get better.

But what were we expecting with the above signings? Add Morgan and Walcott as well.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 25, 2019, 04:58:15 AM
Reply #27

kramer0

Worst Footballers

3. Sandro (could hardly control the ball or stay on his feet at times)
2. Williams (awful, rash defender)
1. Martina (nice guy, tried hard, never good enough for the league)

Worst Use of Money

3. Williams (he was in his 30's and wasn't even good)
2. Sigurdsson (has a low-involvement, high-efficiency style that's great for teams who have to play without the ball but problematic for a team with ambition, he's not bad but I wish he was a different type of player)
1. Tosun (came when the squad was already fucked, came from a league where players like Gomis, Rodallega, and past-it van Persie, Eto'o, and Vagner Love have shown well on the scoring charts over the past five years)

I left Schneiderlin (seems to have personal issues, ended up being a bad fit with Gana) and Bolasie (bad injury robbed him of his pace) out because even though they weren't great value, they could have been fine given different circumstances.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 06:17:45 AM by kramer0 »

January 25, 2019, 05:01:09 AM
Reply #28

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro came through the Barcelona academy.

Mad that. Every bit as bad as Niasse him.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 25, 2019, 05:02:49 AM
Reply #29

Gash

Global Moderator
i must have missed something, who was Valencia ?

Enner Valencia. We only had him on loan so no great expense amd he did reasonably well.