Rooney
Martina
Mangala
Bolasie
Schneiderlein
Williams
Steklenberg
Valencia

Author Topic: Moshiri's Top 3 Worst Signings  (Read 3864 times)

January 25, 2019, 05:23:43 AM
Reply #30

Bluedylan

1) Allardyce
2) Walsh
3) Allowing Martinez to stay far too long.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

January 25, 2019, 05:35:36 AM
Reply #31

Gash

Global Moderator
1) Allardyce
2) Walsh
3) Allowing Martinez to stay far too long.

To be fair he binned Martinez in just over 2 months of taking over.

January 25, 2019, 05:45:32 AM
Reply #32

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
He really thought we were going to crash the top 6 didnít he? I reckon he well did.

Fuck me what a huge opportunity that was. Imagine having 150-200m to spend right now with the faith we have in Brands already - thatís 4 richarlison level players. Itís a new spine. I wonder if weíll see such an opportunity again? Moshiri himself said it was a small
window of time we had.

Hereís a question - if everyone is agreed that we bought varying degrees of truly crap players, and most of the players we had which were good we either sold or are now old - does anyone believe we still have the best squad outside the top 6?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 25, 2019, 05:47:33 AM
Reply #33

toffee_scot

Wow difficult to choose from so many either below average footballers or footballers absolutely nowhere near value for money.

Koeman, Allardyce and Walsh were a poisonous mix, it's because of their lack of vision and thought that our wage bill is incredibly bloated and we have to cut back significantly on spend.

As for the players:

3 - Williams: Did ok in his first season but his second season was one of the worst seasons I've ever seen for any defender - and I used to laugh at Bramble and Boumsong at Newcastle! I honestly cannot believe he was captain for Swansea and Wales, did he show any real leadership at Everton?

2 - Bolasie: Of course it wasn't his fault he had a hefty pricetag, however it was Tweedledee Koeman and Tweedledum Walsh who thought spending nearly £30m on him would be wise and thinking he would take us to the next level. He wasn't particularly great even before his injury. At the age we bought him we were never going to be able to sell him on for a good fee even if he proved decent and for a player who was one of the most expensive players in our history at the time, 2 years later he is playing on loan in the next division down. What a mess of a transfer and now he's back here thinking he can compete with Richarlison, Bernard, Lookman, Walcott and Sigurdsson for a place in the team?

1 - Klaassen: The biggest disappointment for me given his potential, apart from maybe spells against the 4th best team in Slovakia he never really looked comfortable and when 4 managers of completely different football styles, visions and personalities all very early on decide that you have no real place in the team then alarm bells ring. Having grown up watching Everton during the stingy Moyes era, I still have to wonder if I'm dreaming that Everton are in a position where they can simply drop a £25m player out of the 16 man squad.

Other dishonourable mentions:

Schneiderlin - Did quite well in the first 6 months but really don't know how he could have declined so badly. Again a big money signing very close to being 30, he just seems to be the kind of player who would only do well if the rest of the team is playing well. Seems too much like a passenger at times and doubt his heart has been in it at times. However this season it sounds like there have been some personal issues as well, perhaps it is best he's been kept out the spotlight by Silva.

Tosun - We've paid quite a lot of money for a striker that hardly gets used, even the last manager who brought him in bizarrely had deep reservations about him early on. It's very difficult to see how Tosun fits into the team so I can't see a future for him. He will also suffer slightly from the fact that he was brought in pretty much to replace Romelu Lukaku but if anything he's been James Beattie's successor.

Sigurdsson - Overall he's actually done pretty well for us however if you are going to break significantly your transfer record for a player especially at the value of £45m, they should meet 2 criteria - 1)They should be of a sufficient quality to take the club up to the next level and be a player that the top 6 are envious of; 2) The manager who wants the player to come in so desperately should be able to build the team around this player's strengths so that they are able to get the most out of them. However 1) While he is a good player, I don't really think he is anywhere near a world class player; 2) We already had Rooney playing in his favoured position so Koeman practically stuck Sigurdsson out on the wing and in his first season this attacking player struggled quite often in a team that became famous for not registering many shots on goal.

Hopefully now that Brands is there and Moshiri has re-evaluated the way we do transfer business, whilst it has been a very expensive lesson for everyone involved at the club, we should on the whole make much better decisions going forward.

January 25, 2019, 05:57:34 AM
Reply #34

Ross

ďAll Monopoly money init Jim....Ē

But.

1. Allardyce
2. Koeman
3. Rooney/Williams

At least with the others there was a small chance they might add some value to the club.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 25, 2019, 06:11:40 AM
Reply #35

Jamokachi

Oh good, more ďwoe is usĒ negativity.

This place is thoroughly unenjoyable at the moment.

January 25, 2019, 10:03:39 AM
Reply #36

Elgoodo1978

No brainer, Bolasie!  Part of me  thinks that Lakaku tried his luck with being an agent for a month when we signed him!  Shocking signing!!! (confused, weeping, hands on head emoji)

January 25, 2019, 10:16:18 AM
Reply #37

Elgoodo1978

Can't believe people are putting Gilfi's name forward. Wow some real deluded fans we have
1. Sigurdsson. Hated everything about this signing and still do. To pay 45mil for him when that money was needed elsewhere cemented my view that Koeman and Walsh didnít know what they were doing. Got told it doesnít matter because itís not my money though lol.

2. Bolasie. Again, hated everything about this. Itís like we couldnít be bothered scouting anyone so just plucked Bolasie out because he had a decent season and we could throw money about to sign him. Maybe his career wouldíve been different without the injury but I doubt it.

3 Williams. Was he ever that good for Swansea? Again, represented a lazy, dangerous transfer policy of signing players twenty seven and over on massive deals and weíre paying the price now and will be for a while.

Donít mind signings like klassen and Sandro, I could see the thinking behind them at least, and there was scope for them to get better.

But what were we expecting with the above signings? Add Morgan and Walcott as well.

!

Hated the Sigs signing at the time but to say he's the worst is absolutely ridiculous. 

January 25, 2019, 11:55:35 AM
Reply #38

KoemansNumberTens

thats what forums are for bud, to share our opinions. out of curiosity, who in your opinion has been our best player

Iíve maybe only watched half our games but digne or gueye for me

January 25, 2019, 11:56:56 AM
Reply #39

KoemansNumberTens

Can't believe people are putting Gilfi's name forward. Wow some real deluded fans we have!

Hated the Sigs signing at the time but to say he's the worst is absolutely ridiculous. 

Think itís more at a point of purchase thing. Can see why we signed klassen and Sandro. Canít see why we signed sigurdsson. There was no potential upside to that transfer and heís our record buy

January 25, 2019, 12:20:34 PM
Reply #40

Waltzer

A bit early to call this but Mina looks like a while lot of money compared to his actual ability

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

January 25, 2019, 12:33:20 PM
Reply #41

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
A bit early to call this but Mina looks like a while lot of money compared to his actual ability

Haha wow
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 25, 2019, 12:33:42 PM
Reply #42

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
No brainer, Bolasie!  Part of me  thinks that Lakaku tried his luck with being an agent for a month when we signed him!  Shocking signing!!! (confused, weeping, hands on head emoji)

are you spelling his name wrong on purpose??
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

January 25, 2019, 01:28:58 PM
Reply #43

Macca77

People actually saying Gylfi is one of the worst, absolutely staggering that

January 25, 2019, 02:28:42 PM
Reply #44

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Will be a massive success here. Champions League level centre back.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.