March 19, 2019, 08:40:53 PM

Author Topic: Player Wages  (Read 2878 times)

January 26, 2019, 05:27:59 AM
Reply #75

Ross

Yeah sometimes I donít quote when I feel like I can guess or canít be arsed with the reply. Iíve been on here a few years. I can spot a troll a mile off.

You asked, actually, you stated the 80% figure earlier and then made some ridiculous comparison to Portsmouth etc. Somebody took 8 seconds out of their time to google your dodgy number and rumbled you.

You then swiftly moved onto pointing out that weíve overspent on players and then asked if anyone thought QPR and Sunderland overspent in the past.

So apologies, you didnít actually ask two different questions. You made one statement without bothering to look into if what you were saying was correct. Then bottled it and asked a weird question trying to deflect.

Whoever took 8 seconds should have looked at the trend maybe, yeah one season it dipped but itís obviously been increasing since.

The other points are obviously valid.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 26, 2019, 05:30:35 AM
Reply #76

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Whoever took 8 seconds should have looked at the trend maybe, yeah one season it dipped but itís obviously been increasing since.

The other points are obviously valid.

Yeah thatís why I didnít quote you in the first place.

January 26, 2019, 05:32:30 AM
Reply #77

Ross

Yeah thatís why I didnít quote you in the first place.

No, you didnít quote because as usual itís nothing more than sly insults to people you donít agree with.

Bit childish and troll like really.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

January 26, 2019, 05:32:33 AM
Reply #78

Gash

Global Moderator
Itíll take years to rectify this mess this squads in, during a time (or Ďsmall windowí) when weíre supposed to be taking on our biggest challenge ever as a club.

Really your backing the indefensible here. Weíve been very poorly run these last few years, you know it, I know it, everybody knows it.

Why not just say yeah ďweíve been poorly run and that starts fro the the top downĒ?

Like here you mean? Or plenty other times I've questioned the running of the club.

I've never said we've been run well, I don't think we have been. But it's clear to see that the club have seen the error of their ways and are trying to address it. 

It'll take another two or three windows to sort it out but as I've said several times already the club are making moves to address that and I'm sure they will. Your examples are way OTT and I've pointed out the reasons for it, that's all.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 07:06:03 AM by Gash »

January 26, 2019, 05:35:15 AM
Reply #79

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
No, you didnít quote because as usual itís nothing more than sly insults to people you donít agree with.

Bit childish and troll like really.

To be honest itís probably only you and Thomas that I donít quote. Usually just scan posts from you guys if theyíre over 3 sentences long, I can usually guess the rest of the post.

January 26, 2019, 05:35:44 AM
Reply #80

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Well that's just Bullshit. Never wanted Everton to fail, never will. What sort of Evertonain would?
I don't know what Evertonian would, I agree on that
Simply simply lovely

January 26, 2019, 05:36:26 AM
Reply #81

Ross

Like hear you mean? Or plenty other times I've questioned the running of the club.

It'll take another two or three windows to sort it out but as I've said several times already the club are making moves to address that and I'm sure they will. Your examples are way OTT and I've pointed out the reasons for it, that's all.

So yeah like the other clubs I mentioned who got new owners and then went down hill weíve been badly run. Thatís what I said originally.

January 26, 2019, 05:37:26 AM
Reply #82

Ross

To be honest itís probably only you and Thomas that I donít quote. Usually just scan posts from you guys if theyíre over 3 sentences long, I can usually guess the rest of the post.

Like I said just trolling then.

Hope it makes you happy.

January 26, 2019, 05:39:53 AM
Reply #83

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Like I said just trolling then.

Hope it makes you happy.

Not really. Iím busy going back and forth with you when I could be reading something interesting elsewhere. Like I said, itís why I never quoted you in the first place. Almost all of your posts end up with you getting into it with someone. Just like Thomas, which is why I never quote him either.

January 26, 2019, 05:42:05 AM
Reply #84

Ross

Not really. Iím busy going back and forth with you when I could be reading something interesting elsewhere. Like I said, itís why I never quoted you in the first place. Almost all of your posts end up with you getting into it with someone. Just like Thomas, which is why I never quote him either.

The irony of this is beyond almost ridiculous.

January 26, 2019, 05:42:57 AM
Reply #85

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Urgh. How do I go back in time and not quote this guy?

January 26, 2019, 05:49:28 AM
Reply #86

Gash

Global Moderator
So yeah like the other clubs I mentioned who got new owners and then went down hill weíve been badly run. Thatís what I said originally.

lolol

No, you compared us to several clubs that got relegated and ended up in the 3rd and 4th tier of English football as unlike us they did nothing to rectify the issues, a completely over the top comparison. As for downhill, we were 11th then 11th with your mate in charge then in the full seasons since Moshiri took over we've gone 7th then 8th and even this season we could be top 7 or 8 so it's hardly "downhill" or heading to League One.

There's issues needing addressed no one's denying that but it's quite obvious that moves are being made to change what's happened over the last couple of years.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:50:51 AM by Gash »

January 26, 2019, 05:57:31 AM
Reply #87

Ross

lolol

No, you compared us to several clubs that got relegated and ended up in the 3rd and 4th tier of English football as unlike us they did nothing to rectify the issues, a completely over the top comparison. As for downhill, we were 11th then 11th with your mate in charge then in the full seasons since Moshiri took over we've gone 7th then 8th and even this season we could be top 7 or 8 so it's hardly "downhill" or heading to League One.

There's issues needing addressed no one's denying that but it's quite obvious that moves are being made to change what's happened over the last couple of years.

ďyour mateĒ haha brilliant.

But obviously letís not forget that since ďmyĒ mate went weíve spent a shit load of money (fundamentally) what this thread is about, and got seemingly worse, while losing our highly respected players long the way.

Edit. Iíve also never said weíre heading down to league one.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:59:14 AM by Ross »

January 26, 2019, 06:03:32 AM
Reply #88

Evertonian in NC

I would go back to what I said at the time - one more season of Allardyce and/or Walsh, and we would have been cripplingly in the shit.

As opposed to current reality, we stopped in the nick of time, on the precipice of disaster.

Still, lots of hard work ahead and long-term thinking (Brands gets it, I hope the supporters can keep their heads and give Silva room to breathe) is desperately needed.

Would be nice if us Blues could manage to be decent to one another in the interim.  We're all in this ship together.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

January 26, 2019, 06:07:28 AM
Reply #89

Gash

Global Moderator
ďyour mateĒ haha brilliant.

But obviously letís not forget that since ďmyĒ mate went weíve spent a shit load of money (fundamentally) what this thread is about, and got seemingly worse, while losing our highly respected players long the way.

Edit. Iíve also never said weíre heading down to league one.

Not directly but you tried to compare us to several clubs that went in that direction so lets not split hairs, even though we're no where near going in that direction.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 06:08:50 AM by Gash »