October 16, 2019, 04:41:24 AM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 96978 times)

January 27, 2019, 12:23:13 PM
Reply #135

Lazarou

I wonder what Brands makes of what he is seeing from the manager, was he really on board with it?

I have not got a clue what we should do stick or twist, but I do know if he went I would not care at all if he went. We are a joke of a club at the moment, we are in the process of throwing away our best opportunity in 30 years to actually move forward as a club.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 12:31:32 PM by Lazarou »
"I'm not worrying, I'm not worrying, well I am worrying, I am worrying, I am worrying." Guy Martin

January 27, 2019, 12:26:05 PM
Reply #136

Ramjam

I wonder what Brands makes of what he is seeing from the manager, was he really on board with it?

I have not got a clue what we should do stick or twist, but I do know if he went I would not care at all if he went. We are a joke of a club at the moment, we are in the process of throwing our best opportunity in 30 years to actually move forward as a club.
My biggest worry would be if Moshiri himself decided to pull the plug on all investments until he found a new buyer

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

January 27, 2019, 02:13:30 PM
Reply #137

TheTone

They can all do one aswell if they are legging it off to Dubai for a nice little warm weather break when the next round kicks off

January 27, 2019, 02:14:30 PM
Reply #138

Morta75

No, think that’s a bit early. Come back next season this time if it’s the same. He need the chance to get things right. I however agree that has not been great so fare, but patient my friends, patient...

January 27, 2019, 02:16:30 PM
Reply #139

Lxxx

All we needed was a bit of stability this season.

New stadium on the horizon, bed some talented players in, buy a holding season to implement a certain style of play, a summer to shift out more dead wood and finally get a squad fit for purpose back for next season...

We could still get back on track I suppose but the vultures will be circling now, the media will smell blood and the pressure on every game will crank up now.

January 27, 2019, 02:23:25 PM
Reply #140

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
They can all do one aswell if they are legging it off to Dubai for a nice little warm weather break when the next round kicks off

Don’t mind as they’re good training camps.

Club media department needs to swerve posting pictures of them doing anything other than training though.

January 27, 2019, 02:38:13 PM
Reply #141

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Re the positives, looking now it’s hard because we’re in a terrible run.

If you go back to 95 mins at Anfield, you’d say that our shape was very good, it was difficult in open play to score against us, and when there was a bit more space we played some exciting stuff.

Individuals were much improved too, with Sig producing, Keane rescued from disaster last season.

Issues were set pieces and amount of play through the middle when the game was stodgy.

Overall set pieces have been the biggest downfall.

Which you’d hope would be more solvable.

January 27, 2019, 02:50:15 PM
Reply #142

Lxxx

Couple of back to back victories (very achievable) and we’re probably sat in 7th, admittedly we may as well be in a different league to the six teams above us but the table papers over the cracks and the media hype disappears.

He’s got work to do of course but it’s not a sackable offence by a long shot. We just need to readjust expectations and assume Brands is a man with a plan.

January 27, 2019, 02:52:46 PM
Reply #143

sirblue57

Moyes is the reason we’re a bunch of bottlers
Absolute bollox. Moyes had his issues, but we invariably over performed. What he did with fuck all was admirable.
The malaise over our club began after kendall left, and apart from Royle and Moyes, no manager has gotten close to giving us a glimpse of the heady Kendall era.
If we could get a manager of Moyes drive and organisation, i would be happy. Just look back at the players he brought to the club, now imagine if he had the resources that managers have had since.
I think he would have achieved a trophy or two.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 27, 2019, 02:58:01 PM
Reply #144

Martip

Fuck me you're boring.
Pot, kettle and all that

January 27, 2019, 02:58:42 PM
Reply #145

Simon Paul

Administrator
Absolute bollox. Moyes had his issues, but we invariably over performed. What he did with fuck all was admirable.
The malaise over our club began after kendall left, and apart from Royle and Moyes, no manager has gotten close to giving us a glimpse of the heady Kendall era.
If we could get a manager of Moyes drive and organisation, i would be happy. Just look back at the players he brought to the club, now imagine if he had the resources that managers have had since.
I think he would have achieved a trophy or two.
When he was given money to spend be was shite. He only knows "best of the rest" players and that's not good enough.

Without missing any seasons out, have a look at where we finished under Moyes. We were where we should have been almost every season. Even the sesson we finished fourth we were the only team to qualify for the Champions League in this country ever to have done so with a negative goal difference. The League was so bad that year and we were the best of the rest.

But Moyes with money is woeful, just ask United.

We need better than a Moyes type of manager. We just need to find him.

January 27, 2019, 03:00:10 PM
Reply #146

Blue Lagoon

NSNO Subscriber
We should in truth give him a bit more time but if he went right now I’d be fine with it.
Problem is I can’t see any sign of him turning it round. Thankfully there’s a fucking chasm between us and the bottom three, as our form now has me worried. I think we’ll stumble to safety and finish bottom half. For me he then has the summer to get our shit together and a quarter of next season to show it, or it’s the door.
That said, if there’s a manager of known quality available in the summer - take it.

Sent from my iPhone using NSNO Everton Forums
(Zoolander)

January 27, 2019, 03:03:06 PM
Reply #147

sirblue57

When he was given money to spend be was shite. He only knows "best of the rest" players and that's not good enough.

Without missing any seasons out, have a look at where we finished under Moyes. We were where we should have been almost every season. Even the sesson we finished fourth we were the only team to qualify for the Champions League in this country ever to have done so with a negative goal difference. The League was so bad that year and we were the best of the rest.

But Moyes with money is woeful, just ask United.

We need better than a Moyes type of manager. We just need to find him.
Ask Utd? The guy they had in place, woodward, who was supposed to facilitate buying those players, has proved to be fucking useless. Even utd fans hate him.
Overall, Moyes was a better manager than those since, and many before.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 27, 2019, 03:04:59 PM
Reply #148

Tinga

Our confidence is also so fucking brittle, we genuinely played well in the derby but since then we've been dreadful, it's incredible, just get over it lads.. lolol

January 27, 2019, 03:13:44 PM
Reply #149

Redartin

First thing Monday morning Marco needs to sack whoever he put in charge of defence.

If he doesn't, and things don't improve all around by Easter, Marco himself should go.

I don't agree with giving him money to spend over the summer and if it doesn't work out by October then sack him. To me that's a waste of time. Get a new guy in pre summer and let him have his chance.

I hope Moshiri takes a back seat at the next appointment and Brands takes a bit more control. Marco was Moshiri's choice, he chased him since last January, but Brands didn't exactly dissuade him when he arrived, he just appeared to run with the decision, I hope that was a one-off.