October 16, 2019, 07:27:42 PM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 97031 times)

January 27, 2019, 08:34:41 PM
Reply #195

KoemansNumberTens

I never said we did, I'm giving you a perspective to people outside of Everton.

But if the perspective is wrong then itís not a reason why we shouldnít sack silva.

Of the 4 silva Martinez allardyce and koeman the only 1 Iíve seen defended is allardyce. We were right to sack all 3 of them. We canít just stick with a manager because weíve sacked too many shit 1s already

January 27, 2019, 08:35:16 PM
Reply #196

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Can't argue with that, I think Pickford has a lot to do with our problems at the back as he isn't aggressive enough. I like a keeper to come and clean everyone out, win the ball and create fear in the opposition. I'm starting to think he is too small, his contribution in other areas is brilliant, but I really think his command and control of the box really hurts us

Sent from my CLT-L09 using NSNO Everton Forums mobile app

Just a quick point. Keepers also have to adhere to the zonal marking too. I actually think heís one of the more aggressive keepers in the league and him not displaying this trait for set pieces leads me to believe that heís got instructions as to which his zone is too.

Not a dig. Just an observation.

January 27, 2019, 08:40:50 PM
Reply #197

stirlingblue

Yeah fuck it, lets just keep sacking managers every six months. This thread sums up why people on the outside think we're a bunch of moaning, impatient, entitled twats with ideas above our station.

But why do you care what people who donít support our club and donít watch our games think?

Weíre no longer even the best of the rest that weíve been for so long, so why stick with a manager who has over £100m of new players and is doing worse than the manager before him did?

January 27, 2019, 08:42:23 PM
Reply #198

Gash

Global Moderator
But if the perspective is wrong then itís not a reason why we shouldnít sack silva.

No, but I can totally see why people would think of us like they do. Four managers since Moyes left, all of different personalities and styles and pretty much every one has had wide spread calls to be sacked as soon as we go on a poor run. No wonder people wonder what we want.

He's under pressure and rightly so but I don't think we should sack him, it would be very short sighted to do it. Given our pursuit of him as well I can't see us getting rid of him anytime soon but he needs to turn this run of form around quickly.

January 27, 2019, 08:42:53 PM
Reply #199

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Our fans the last 18 months have drove me away from Everton. I really dont love the club anymore. Its just so tedious isn't it. I can deal with losses, poor performances and heavy defeats, its just part of football. The short term toxicity of our fans just makes me miserable and like i said is pushing me away from caring about the club.

100% this. Petulant brats is another way Iíd describe some - not just here but across social media. Very little empathy from some towards sport and itís nature. Yes, none of us are happy with the current situation, but we have to give it a chance to be corrected otherwise we will be in the same place in 12 months time.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 27, 2019, 08:43:50 PM
Reply #200

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
But why do you care what people who donít support our club and donít watch our games think?

Weíre no longer even the best of the rest that weíve been for so long, so why stick with a manager who has over £100m of new players and is doing worse than the manager before him did?

Ask Fulham what £100m gets you

January 27, 2019, 08:43:51 PM
Reply #201

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I never said we did, I'm giving you a perspective to people outside of Everton.

Especially when giving the stuff re Allardyce and style of play as much, if not more than the results.

To outsiders, to then moan when you have a manager that isnít so defensive then people will ask what do you want?

Obviously better, but then thatís when the question of ďright to expectĒ would come in.

You see a similar thing at Leicester with Puel.

Media question what do people want.

Reality is if youíre an established PL side, unless youíre pushing too 6th, with teams showing you respect by getting behind the ball, youíre unlikely to play scintillating stuff and finish 7th.

Finishing 7th probably means lots of poor results which means lots of frustration.

January 27, 2019, 08:47:42 PM
Reply #202

stirlingblue

Ask Fulham what £100m gets you

Not exactly a fair comparison as Fulham have changed leagues.

Itís not like weíve sold good players and brought in £100m of replacements, the additions are on top of what we already had last year so surely as a minimum we should be doing just as well.

January 27, 2019, 08:51:57 PM
Reply #203

Gash

Global Moderator

I don't care, I'm just saying it's no surprise we're seen that way.

We're three points off seventh in the league a position most expected at the start of the season, we're likely to finish on or around 7th or within a handful points of 7th, it's stupid to even be considering sacking him.

We seem to go from 'no pressure' on a manager to 'sack him' without any middle ground. He's rightly under pressure but it's still an absolute mess of a squad with a big clear out still needed and some of the players need to take responsibilty. We proved over the last four years that sacking managers hasn't worked, we need a period of stability now to try and build on.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:53:01 PM by Gash »

January 27, 2019, 08:57:30 PM
Reply #204

gizzblue

Itís not like weíve sold good players and brought in £100m of replacements, the additions are on top of what we already had last year so surely as a minimum we should be doing just as well.

But it's impossible to know if we have done 'just as well ' as we are only half way through a season.. ..we're still within touching distance of our finish last year .
Born not made a blue .

January 27, 2019, 09:08:05 PM
Reply #205

KoemansNumberTens

No, but I can totally see why people would think of us like they do. Four managers since Moyes left, all of different personalities and styles and pretty much every one has had wide spread calls to be sacked as soon as we go on a poor run. No wonder people wonder what we want.

He's under pressure and rightly so but I don't think we should sack him, it would be very short sighted to do it. Given our pursuit of him as well I can't see us getting rid of him anytime soon but he needs to turn this run of form around quickly.

Think weíve managed to appoint some pretty dreadful managers. Martinez refuses to acknowledge the problems never mind learn and change
Koeman was lazy
Allardyce didnít get on with the fans though I maintain we didnít help
Does anyone on here think we were wrong to get rid of any of them? Our problem isnít sacking managers itís appointing the wrong 1s.

Iíve no problem with silva getting the rest of the season unless a fantastic option becomes available but he canít be allowed to take preseason or have any involvement in spending money unless thereís a vast improvement

No one has come on here and defended silva. The arguments seems to range between sack him and sacking him would be ridiculous because weíve had too many managers. No one is saying heís the right man.

Also... sack him now keep him til the end of the season. Keep him past that. Does anyone really have faith that we can make a clever appointment next anyway??

Weíve appointed Martinez (lunatic) koeman (lazy) allardyce (toxic) back to back. If silva fails too itís a pretty dreadful run of appointments

January 27, 2019, 09:19:07 PM
Reply #206

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Sacking him now achieves nothing.

Itís actually ludicrous to suggest it.

Take stock at the end of the season.
Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

January 27, 2019, 09:32:07 PM
Reply #207

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Huge cost to sack him, not my money though
Simply simply lovely

January 27, 2019, 09:33:04 PM
Reply #208

Mayor Farnum

The fact that the season has turned into a non-event gives us time to assess him at close quarters. We're paying him enough let him get on with it; we've got nothing to lose and may find out we've got a good enough manager anyway.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 27, 2019, 09:41:13 PM
Reply #209

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber

And of those who we bought the year before only three are effectively part of the club - Pickford, Keane and Sig. We have three new players in defensive positions (one of whom is not ours, one who has been injured and not yet up to speed) learning new combinations/partnerships. The players we have brought in are better than what we had but we are still missing the pieces of the jigsaw. Added to this an obvious soft underbelly then you will come under the type of pressure we find ourselves under.