October 23, 2019, 06:08:22 PM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 97918 times)

January 27, 2019, 10:36:23 PM
Reply #225

Macca77

It's ridiculous to even suggest sacking him now, have a bit of patience

January 27, 2019, 10:40:34 PM
Reply #226

Mayor Farnum

I know Silva has input but when you've got someone like Brands at the helm then the strategy around players we buy and the type of players we buy should stay the same regardless of who is manager.

That is the ideal scenario but is more difficult to implement if you are unable to afford the top players. If you are restricted financially and have to compromise one position to strengthen another the coach will need greater input. Therefore, when changing coach there will need to be a re-think on what is needed in the squad.
Something clever written by someone else.

January 27, 2019, 10:46:37 PM
Reply #227

sirblue57

The issue is, he foes not seem to be addressing the issue in front of him, ans pickford, the defence. Every top manager knows the first thing tonsort is the defence.
Since the derby ours has just become a joke, and I cannot see any improvement at all.
If the problem is the zonal marking , he needs to sort it, or change the system, its that simple, if he cant do that , then he has to go .
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

January 27, 2019, 10:51:48 PM
Reply #228

KoemansNumberTens

No, he just the humility to know he's not all knowing and can be wrong.

You should try it.

I accept I can be wrong but surely we can only offer solutions based on our opinions of what/who the problems are

January 27, 2019, 10:52:19 PM
Reply #229

Gash

Global Moderator
Do you not think Brands had a big say in Silva?

He was clearly involved with us several months before the summer.

I think he said that himself, that he'd been involved in the choice of manager and was fully behind it?

January 27, 2019, 11:03:33 PM
Reply #230

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think people questioning whether Silva should be sacked should be automatically branded petulant brats because others believe he should be given more time without any real justification.

Im not saying Silva won't turn it around but generally giving a manger who is incapable of doing the job he is paid for an uneccessary amount of time and resources does not make someone a better supporter than another.

I’m referring to more than the ‘Silva Out’ brigade. It seems that whatever the club does in most aspects is not good enough for a certain percentage of our fan base - the stadium (plans, seating numbers) being another one.

Going through another manager and all that goes with it is just suicide in my humble. 
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

January 27, 2019, 11:07:57 PM
Reply #231

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Do you not think Brands had a big say in Silva?

He was clearly involved with us several months before the summer.

No not really, might have given the nod but don’t think it was his man.

That said it’s all conjecture really, just a bit suspicious we happen to hire the man moshiri wanted.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 27, 2019, 11:10:22 PM
Reply #232

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I think he said that himself, that he'd been involved in the choice of manager and was fully behind it?

To be fair he wouldn’t say otherwise, but equally I doubt he’d come if he thought the manager was completely useless and he wasn’t being listened to.

January 27, 2019, 11:13:01 PM
Reply #233

Gary1878

NSNO Subscriber
Its insane to talk of sacking him. Yes there are many issues but what football club apart from maybe City don't have football related problems?

You can't keep sacking managers and expect instant success (unless your Chelsea or success means staying in the PL, i.e. Watford).

The players need to stand up and be counted. There is far too little productivity coming from certain people like Siggy and Walcott. They are paid the big bucks to perform, and yet we blame the manager? There is only so much the guy can do in half a season, and non-performance of our players is a big problem.

January 27, 2019, 11:16:53 PM
Reply #234

Mayor Farnum

I’m referring to more than the ‘Silva Out’ brigade. It seems that whatever the club does in most aspects is not good enough for a certain percentage of our fan base - the stadium (plans, seating numbers) being another one.

Going through another manager and all that goes with it is just suicide in my humble. 

Suicide. As in that's it, the end, no coming back?

January 27, 2019, 11:19:59 PM
Reply #235

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Suicide. As in that's it, the end, no coming back?

As in we keep making the same mistakes until it’s past saving. We’ve already got our owner closing the purse for spending because of what’s gone before. How long before he says ‘you know what? Fuck it’ and cuts his losses, as unlikely as it might seem at the moment.

January 27, 2019, 11:24:00 PM
Reply #236

eyesalwaysblue

Not many in the Silva out brigade mate it's more of a he dosen't look good but no point sacking him at the moment brigade, and most realise the amount of shit he's inherited despite the "they are all great players" brigade.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

January 27, 2019, 11:29:23 PM
Reply #237

Mayor Farnum

I love the word brigade. A perfectly good word that is now almost exclusively used as an insult.

January 27, 2019, 11:31:41 PM
Reply #238

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Not many in the Silva out brigade mate it's more of a he dosen't look good but no point sacking him at the moment brigade, and most realise the amount of shit he's inherited despite the "they are all great players" brigade.

There are plenty on social media mate. That’s why I said ‘not just on here’ in my original post

January 27, 2019, 11:36:01 PM
Reply #239

sam of the south

To be honest, I find that supporters of other clubs are exactly the same, neurotic, pessimistic, rabid, entitled.

Just look over the park when they want rid of a manager.
“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.”
Henry David Thoreau