March 25, 2019, 08:07:47 AM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 56886 times)

February 05, 2019, 07:50:47 PM
Reply #720

BlueBeagle

I dont think its really announcing anything, I get the fact that JW is annoying, but I dont mind getting information about the club, regardless of source. Whether its true or not we'll find out in the coming weeks!

There's no breaking news I agree but Moshiri knows full well that the sensationalist bell end will be straight on Talksport spouting off as if he's got the inside track on all things Everton.

Just ignore the cunt. No other club gives him the time of day.

February 05, 2019, 07:51:36 PM
Reply #721

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
"It is a project. The Everton fans quite rightly demand young football," Moshiri told talkSPORT.

"We want young players to develop - they need to play. Marco Silva is a talented coach but he's planning long-term.

"He will coach and develop those young players and every year those same young players will become stronger.

"In this business, you have to hold your nerve."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11628768/farhad-moshiri-gives-backing-to-everton-manager-marco-silva

Did note that we finished the match on Saturday with 5 outfield players 21 and under, with Pickford relatively young for a top flight keeper.

February 05, 2019, 08:29:59 PM
Reply #722

gizzblue

Wether it's true or not remains to be seen ....I for one hope it's on the letter ...good for the club and the young squad too ....long term is the way to go ,after all we now know short cuts are the longest distance between two places .

Not so good for the want everythibg now and him sacked brigade on here like . lolol...fume o meter is gonna need a new bulb .
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:39:25 PM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

February 05, 2019, 08:36:33 PM
Reply #723

Waltzer

There's no breaking news I agree but Moshiri knows full well that the sensationalist bell end will be straight on Talksport spouting off as if he's got the inside track on all things Everton.

Just ignore the cunt. No other club gives him the time of day.

Maybe they are just mates? I dont get the big issue, especially with this as he hasn't said anything you wouldnt expect him to say, 'I have confidence in Silva, hes bringing through the young kids, its a long term project', plus im sure Moshiri is smart enough to realise whats going to be said and he appears happy with that, I get that it isnt a global broadcast and JW is annoying, but I suspect lots of other clubs might like the insight we get via close sources?

February 05, 2019, 08:49:58 PM
Reply #724

BlueBeagle

I get that it isnt a global broadcast and JW is annoying, but I suspect lots of other clubs might like the insight we get via close sources?

You think we get insight from Jim White? Christ.

February 05, 2019, 09:08:20 PM
Reply #725

Lxxx

So are we putting no emotion into this as we'll probably lose? Or stringing Silva up as a clueless incompetent if we get a beating?

???

I'm expecting us to get beat. However I'm also hoping we set up differently and keep it a lot tighter than we've seen of late to stay in the game and hopefully escape a hiding.

It's not that difficult to comprehend.

February 05, 2019, 09:08:29 PM
Reply #726

Waltzer

You think we get insight from Jim White? Christ.

I dont think he'd be willing to state on record that hes had direct communications with Moshiri if that wasn't the case, whether you read anything into it is up to you.  I dont know the full extent of the conversation they have together, or how much of it is true or relevant, but yes, I do think we get insight into Everton via JW, because, well frankly, we do!

February 05, 2019, 09:20:56 PM
Reply #727

WeimaranerBlues

What do we all expect Moshiri to say "he's got 2 games to get his shit together,.  Can't remember but probably said similar when Koeman was here.  It's a project but if we finish 15th and start poorly next season , the project will have someone else at the helm.

In an ideal world we beat these and the rs lose the game in hand v man Utd and drop pts against us.

February 05, 2019, 09:30:44 PM
Reply #728

BlueForYou

"In this business you have to hold your nerve"

Making us fans nervous, Farhad
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 05, 2019, 09:43:57 PM
Reply #729

BlueBeagle

I dont think he'd be willing to state on record that hes had direct communications with Moshiri if that wasn't the case, whether you read anything into it is up to you.  I dont know the full extent of the conversation they have together, or how much of it is true or relevant, but yes, I do think we get insight into Everton via JW, because, well frankly, we do!

I misunderstood.
I thought you meant that the club gets insight from JW.

February 05, 2019, 09:52:51 PM
Reply #730

Alanvideo

We are special ,we are Everton.

February 05, 2019, 10:09:54 PM
Reply #731

Bluedylan

Not true though, is it? There is a plan, and that's the point of Marcel Brands. But you know, we're like 6/7 months into it and it takes time to overhaul an overpaid squad. Fuck Ollie Kay.
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

February 05, 2019, 10:53:28 PM
Reply #732

Gary1878

To say he has no plan is sensationalist bullshit.

Did he spend 340m in the summer? No, he didn't.

Did he buy in January? No - this says a lot - if he was only in it for short term gains, why didn't he prop up weak areas with panic buys/quick fixes?

Did he and Marcel Brands inherit an ageing, bloated squad full of players that aren't good enough? Yes. A few of these are still in the squad and out on loan.

Does Silva play better football than Allardyce? Yes.

Is Silva's football effective and getting results? Yes and No. At times we look superb, and at other times we are cannon fodder. Its very frustrating, probably no more so than for Silva himself.

Has Silva sorted our defence out? No. I am sure this is part of the plan, he isn't stupid/blind. We need to allow him time to sort this out. If it is still an issue in a years' time at the end of the 2019/20 season, then he will be under big pressure.

Do we still need a centre forward to replace Lukaku? Yes. Again, I am sure he is painfully aware of this. And again, it's not his fault that he inherited the squad that he did.

We all need to get some patience and understand that these things take a few transfer windows to solve. In Marcel and Silva I trust (for the timebeing).

February 06, 2019, 12:51:56 AM
Reply #733

MmmblueBernard

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

February 06, 2019, 01:04:50 AM
Reply #734

indiantoffee1975

Lets look at it like this, the last two managers (who have managed us for more than a season) started of by finishing 5th and 7th in both there respective first seasons and then fell away the season(s) thereafter.

Perhaps it will work out better in the long run to get a shit first season out the way and then climb higher up the table next season and the season after.

Maybe Marco has got a plan afterall  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 01:08:11 AM by indiantoffee1975 »