March 19, 2019, 11:30:33 AM

Poll

Should Everton sack Marco Silva?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Silva Out  (Read 53004 times)

February 19, 2019, 03:40:13 PM
Reply #1485

sirblue57

No manager is perfect, but the best managers learn to adapt when things are not working, RM, RK MS, have problems with this, SA is just a travesty who should never have had the opportunity here.
Great managers, like SAF, made things happen by sheer force of will and personality,
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 19, 2019, 04:36:41 PM
Reply #1486

Macca77

2015-16 season under Martinez still gives me nightmares

3-2 up at home V Stoke with 10 minutes to go - lost 3-4
2-0 up at home V West Ham with 10 minute to go - lost 2-3
The 4-0 defeat in the derby, they took the piss out of us that game, still have flashbacks of that German prick laughing when Lucas Leiva pinged a 40 yard pass right across our midfield who all just stood and watched.

February 19, 2019, 05:01:28 PM
Reply #1487

KoemansNumberTens

It appears that despite your best efforts the Martinez debate has decended into he's shit cause I say it is despite clear evidence that he's better than we 've seen since (Not that I rated him much after the 1st year).

He got worse though. His record was getting worse. You have to judge koeman and Martinez and where they ended up not the season they couldn’t maintain

February 19, 2019, 05:03:46 PM
Reply #1488

stirlingblue

Watched some Everton videos on YouTube this morning, I hope we’re good at football again soon

February 19, 2019, 05:04:43 PM
Reply #1489

Martip

He got worse though. His record was getting worse. You have to judge koeman and Martinez and where they ended up not the season they couldn’t maintain
Not disputing that at all and I wanted him gone as much as anyone but I think the information provided suggests he was the least stinky shit we 've had since moyes.

February 19, 2019, 05:23:35 PM
Reply #1490

KoemansNumberTens

Not disputing that at all and I wanted him gone as much as anyone but I think the information provided suggests he was the least stinky shit we 've had since moyes.

Possibly but only because of that first season. You’d need to use different evidence when deciding who’d be least shitty to have back because there’s no chance he could reproduce that first season

February 19, 2019, 05:28:12 PM
Reply #1491

Martip

Possibly but only because of that first season. You’d need to use different evidence when deciding who’d be least shitty to have back because there’s no chance he could reproduce that first season
Best of a bad bunch for me just about edging it with higher points tally/win rates, SOME decent performances against the top 6 (which many use as a barometer for progress) and probably  a negligable spent if you compare money spent vs sales price achieved.

No doubt though we 've not had a decent manager in yonks.

February 19, 2019, 05:45:33 PM
Reply #1492

Bluenose 91

I think he was the worst because he had the strongest base to work from and still ended up making us completely shit.

Everyone that's followed has started with a mess that all began with him.

February 19, 2019, 06:17:47 PM
Reply #1493

Lxxx

Just poor appointment after poor appointment due to no due diligence whatsoever being done after Moyes.

February 19, 2019, 06:27:50 PM
Reply #1494

Trowel

Phenomenal site lads.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

February 19, 2019, 06:31:46 PM
Reply #1495

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Just poor appointment after poor appointment due to no due diligence whatsoever being done after Moyes.
I got martinez appointment, was buzzing about how we played then he believed his own hype and lost the plot

I kinda got the koeman appointment, we looked decent for about 5 months then it went massively tits up and his pig headed Ness always meant he never connected with the fans so would get no compassion

Don't even wanna discuss Allardyce, the only positive was I had a bad feeling about him and had a fiver on him at 10/1

Silva has always had me unsure, his record here is poor, he seems to start off well and then fall off a cliff, it seems to be happening here too and I can't put my finger on why... The players are good, seem happy, want to play for him so what is it he's teaching them that worked at first and doesn't now?
Simply simply lovely

February 19, 2019, 06:40:01 PM
Reply #1496

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
When considering a new manager, you shouldn’t be looking at how things are going at their best, but rather how things go when at their worst. Because bad form is likely to be closer to the average form when in comparison to golden moments.

It’s easy to make the case for almost any manager if you look at their teams in their best 3/4 month spells. That’s how you get stung with flavour of the month types.

You need to look at how a manager turns round bad spells, how do they guarantee a decent points return when confidence has tanked?

Re Martinez, the mistake was listening/ watching him explain how he beat City in the cup final. All very interesting but not really relevant for day to day evidence.

The questions should have been based around what plans he had to stop his teams conceding bucket loads of goals every season. Because that was the norm.

February 19, 2019, 07:16:19 PM
Reply #1497

Lxxx

When considering a new manager, you shouldn’t be looking at how things are going at their best, but rather how things go when at their worst. Because bad form is likely to be closer to the average form when in comparison to golden moments.

It’s easy to make the case for almost any manager if you look at their teams in their best 3/4 month spells. That’s how you get stung with flavour of the month types.

You need to look at how a manager turns round bad spells, how do they guarantee a decent points return when confidence has tanked?

Re Martinez, the mistake was listening/ watching him explain how he beat City in the cup final. All very interesting but not really relevant for day to day evidence.

The questions should have been based around what plans he had to stop his teams conceding bucket loads of goals every season. Because that was the norm.

All which might have been done with a competent and thorough interview process. In thought as much as the procedure itself.

Martinez totally bamboozled the old sop Kenwright with his dazzling smile and claims of gatecrashing the top 4. However it appears we did at least draw up a shortlist for the position.

Koeman was appointed because Moshiri 'wanted to add some glamour to the Hollywood roll call of North West managers.'

Allardyce was hired in panic irrespective of whether he was a decent fit for the club.

Silva was appointed, it seems, without much consideration against any other potential options. 

You would like to think with a football man on the board now we would approach the search for our next manager with a thorough review of their careers to date and an interview process worthy of the name. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:17:21 PM by Lxxx »

February 19, 2019, 07:39:21 PM
Reply #1498

Ross

All which might have been done with a competent and thorough interview process. In thought as much as the procedure itself.

Martinez totally bamboozled the old sop Kenwright with his dazzling smile and claims of gatecrashing the top 4. However it appears we did at least draw up a shortlist for the position.

Koeman was appointed because Moshiri 'wanted to add some glamour to the Hollywood roll call of North West managers.'

Allardyce was hired in panic irrespective of whether he was a decent fit for the club.

Silva was appointed, it seems, without much consideration against any other potential options. 

You would like to think with a football man on the board now we would approach the search for our next manager with a thorough review of their careers to date and an interview process worthy of the name. 

We need to stop lurching from one extreme to another with every new appointment, that’s one of the main reasons we’re in such a mess.

Moyes to Martinez was one extreme to another, same with Martinez to Koeman, and it would have been if Moshiri got his way back in November 17 and got Silva to replace Koeman. The closest we’ve got to some kind of continuity was Koeman to Allardyce but that wasn’t planned and it showed when went straight back to Silva in the summer. From an outsiders observation of our last 4 appointments it must be like watching a drunk staggering home at 4am.

Like it or not the next appointment, whenever that is, has to have a similar kind of working practice to Silva otherwise we’re just getting deeper and deeper into the shit.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 07:40:58 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 19, 2019, 07:56:18 PM
Reply #1499

ally2

I think the main reason I want Silva gone is so this thread and the 'Silva's playbook' thread both die.

Yes yes I know... I don't have to read it... It's a forum..etc